Unexpected

Living in Neverland

 

Gikwang and I have been working on potions and I have to say, with him behind my back and breathing in my ear, I can’t really concentrate. I nearly spill the liquid onto my hand, it would have burn my skin!

“Do you get that?” I didn’t even realize that he was explaining to me about the potion.

“Huh?” I turn to face him and that was the wrong thing to do.

His face was really close to mine which are closing the gap. Our nose were touching together, if he even tilt his head just a little….I might got to taste his sweet lips which were attempting me.

His brown eyes were gazing into mine. And if you look closely, I could see the spark in his eyes and also my reflection. My heart kept on beating faster and if you could compare it to a train, I think my heart is more faster.

I could feel the heat rushing onto my cheeks. I tried to move away but his gaze capture me. Trapping me into his eyes, I can’t even blink.

I don’t know how long we have been staring into each other’s eyes, but I bet it have been over an hour- at least that’s what I thought.

His minty breath suppress my skin and that woke me up. His chest moving and down, breath tickles and gave me shivers- and goose bumps.

I blink several time and turn to face in front, away from his face. The heat into my cheeks weren’t leaving. I bet my face is as red as a tomato.

My stomach felt like jumping around and might as well pop out of my body.

“So, y-yeah. You were saying?” I stuttered and try to not make any eye contact.

He cleared his throat before talking to me. He rest his hand on the table, which made me think that I’m trap.

“Okay, so if you added this together it will make,” He pause for a while. Don’t tell me he doesn’t know what it will become.

“Well, I don’t actually know what it will make. Should we find out?” He straighten up his back and rub behind his neck nervously as if he have done a bad thing.

I turn around and rest my chin on the chair and look up at him.

“What do you mean by that?”

“Like I said, I don’t really know what it will make later after we mix them up.” He grin grows widely as he look at my face.

“Wait, what if we mix them up and then it will explode?! If you are going to do it, do it yourself. Because I don’t want to die, I’m still young. I haven’t got marry yet!” I got up from my chair and walk back and forth while my hand were waving in the air as I was explaining it to him.

He was smirking at me and when I have finish what I was supposed to say. He couldn’t hold back his laughter and laugh at me. Or maybe because of my reaction? I don’t know.

I look at him wanting to finish his laughter, I cross my arm together.

He finally finish his laughter and wipe a tear at the corner of his eye.

“Sorry, your face was just priceless.” He said while trying to hold back the laughter.

“Done laughing yet?”

“Sorry, let’s just continue.”

“What? Didn’t you hear what I just said. We might be dead. You never know” I walk closer to him.

“Don’t worry, Prin.Cess. You will be find as long as you have me.” He said pointing at himself while grinning at me.

Okay, this is weird. Did he just call me princess?

“What’s with the nickname?” I ask while sitting back down.

“I don’t know, just because you were acting like one.” He said and rest his hand on the table and lean forward next to my ear.

He explain to me step by step and told me to add a the liquid on the empty jar. I add the yellow and green liquid together and mix them by shaking the jar a little. We added a bit of lemon – well, special lemon. That’s what he said.

We let it boil on the Bunsen burner. And it all started to feel awkward and weird.

I sit and the edge of his bed. While he was still progressing about the potion.

I was fidgeting with my long hair. I didn’t even notice it was already long.

“Seri, come here.” Gikwang said without even turning back to face me.

I walk closely to him, and he was wearing goggles. What? Was it really going to blow up?

“What is it?” I tried to calm down and don’t get over exaggerated.

He put the liquid into a tiny jar. He started to face me, with his eye smile.

“Drink it.” He handed it to me. Drink? IT?

“It’s poison isn’t it? I knew it! You tried to kill me!” That was it, my mind were blowing off. And I swear, there were steams coming out of my ear.

“Just trust me and drink it. I’m not that kind of person and you know it.” He said while handing me it again, the smile on his face never leave.

Without hesitation, I just took it from him and drink it all.

“This potion will make you have a lot of energy”

He was right, I felt much better and less stress. I felt all hyper and excited inside.

“There  are a lot of potions.” While I look at him with amusement, he took an old book at the corner of the table.

“This is my special book which have lots of different potions inside. You want to have a look?”

“No, I just want to stare at it.” I said sarcastically. He just look at me with his blur face.

“Oh, is that so?” He was about to put his back on the table but I stop him with my giggles. 

I guess he really didn’t know that I was being sarcastic.

“ I was just joking.” I took the book from him without making any eye contact with him.

Once I open the book, I could see his handwriting explaining word by word on how to make the potion. His simple words made me understand everything. It’s interesting.

“Wow” Was all I could say. The book was full and thick. I randomly turn the pages and something caught my eyes.

‘Love Potion’

I read the description, it will make the person/crush fall in love with you and the only way to undo the potion was to kiss the person.

I don’t even know why I read this, I just found it very interesting.

I spent my night brewing potions with Gikwang. It’s fun. It’s like magic, seeing it changes colour all of the sudden really excites me.

Just when I closed the door, Yoseob was standing in front of me. He was crossing his arm on his chest and look at me with guiltiness showing on his eyes.

“Hey, Seri….I uhh…” He rubbed his neck nervously and look down on the floor not wanting to make any eye contact with me.

I stood still in front of him, waiting for what he was going to say.

“I’m…just now…I..” He kept on pausing every word that came out of his mouth. I didn’t want to say anything because there is nothing to say. So I stay rooted on my spot waiting for him to continue.

Just then, I couldn’t wait any longer. I am a very impatient girl.

“I’m waiting..” I finally said which caught his attention. “Just get to the point.” I looked away.

He hold my shoulders, I automatically looked at him. Our eyes locked and he took a deep breath before saying what he was going to say.

“I’m sorry, about that just now. I know that you don’t like to talk about your family or your background-“ Before he could say anything any further, I cut him in.

“Then why did you ask me those questions when you knew how I felt?” 

He drop his hands from my shoulder and ruffles his hair.

“I just want to know you better so I can help you” He muttered under his breath. He look at me with his dark brown eyes. His eyes were different than usual, his eyes were giving me a sympathy look. He pity me. That’s the last thing I want. Someone giving me that sympathy look as if he knows everything about me.

“Just forget about it.” I walked pass him and went straight to my room.

I closed my eyes and memories came rushing back, painful memories. Remembering those pain, tears formed in my eyes and I tried hard not to let it fall out but It was too late.

I cried in silence.

 

 

 

The next morning I woke up and I felt something strange. Something that I didn’t expect, at all.

“Oh My Gooooodddd!!!” I scream at the top of my lungs as I look at my reflection in the mirror, which I have to climb on the chair to reach the sink.

Guess what?

I have shrunk.

And

I’m a cat.

My height decrease about half of my body and I have this weird cat ear and a freaking tail on my !

It really feels uncomfortable.

“Seri, are you okay?!” I heard Doojoon knocking on the door. I was still paralyze at my spot, too shocking for this to be true.

Well, what do you know? Living in a magical world brings you a lot of unexpected things.

And I got the most unluckiest thing ever!

It’s weird. I still have the human body, it’s just my height decrease and it looks like I’m a half human and a half cat. My sweater become big and it covered almost everything! From head to my toes.

I ran to my door and I cannot reach the door knob to open it. I pulled my chair and climb on it, it seriously took forever. It’s like I’m climbing on Mount Everest. Either that I’m short or maybe this chair is too huge.

“Seri?!” Dongwoon banged on the door.

“Be patient will you?!” I shouted, which make him stop banging on my door.

Finally, I twist the door knob and open the door. They fall down on the floor as soon as I opened the door, seems like someone is desperate to get into my room.

Okay, that’s sounds wrong.

I jump back down and was under the table. Since they took up some of the space.

“Seri?! Where are you?” Hyunseung shouted.

“Maybe she has been kidnapped?” Gikwang stated and he got a slap from the back of his head from Doojoon.

“Don’t be stupid, she told us to be patient just now” Gikwang pouted as he rubbed his head.

“Then where is she?” Yoseob scanned my room, he even went to my closet.

“Don’t look into my drawer you ert!” I shouted when he was about to open my drawer, which have my ……. stuff.

“It’s a ghost!” Hyunseung panicked as he look around the room.

“Don’t say that…” Junhyung slapped Hyunseung shoulder.

“I’m not a ghost” I walked out under the table while crossing my arms on my chest, looking very pissed by my form.

Their jaws dropped and it took a while for them to realize that they were holding their breath.

“Breath!” I stated while waving my hands around like a maniac.

They let out their breath but that didn’t closed their mouth. They were still shock to look at the form that I am in.

I think I know how I got into this form. I glanced over Gikwang who is jaw dropping and eyes widen full of faint-hearted when he looked at me from head to toe.

“What happen to you?!” Gikwang ask as he squatted down to equal my height.

“You! It’s your fault! If you didn’t let me drink that ‘poison’ then I wouldn’t be in this form!” I climbed on top on him and hit his muscular, hard-rock chest.

“Wait, Wait!” Doojoon easily picked me up from Gikwang.  I looked down and I felt that I was on a roller coaster.

“Care to explain?” Junhyung looked at the both of us. Doojoon carried me on his left shoulder. Which make me look as if I am his daughter or something.

“What ‘poison’?” Dongwoon ask. They were all confused. I waited for Gikwang to explain but he look confuse too.

“Gikwang and I were brewing potions yesterday night and he told me to drink the potion that we made and so I drink it and I think the potion is the cause of my form.” As I explain they were all nodding and tried to place the puzzle into one pieces.

Then, we all face towards Gikwang who was still on the floor. He still haven’t figure out what we were talking about, even Hyunseung beat him.

“Oh! The potion that we brew yesterday!” Gikwang snapped his fingers as he quickly stood up.

“Took you a while to figure it out.” Yoseob patted Gikwang’s back.

 “So tell us, what is in that THING?” I freaked out and nearly fall from Doojoon’s shoulder.

“Stay still or I’ll drop you. No need to freak out, stay calm.” Doojoon warned me and I followed his orders.

“I thought it will boost your energy, since you always look so down.” Gikwang stated while rubbing his neck and smiling at us sheepishly.

“Well, that’s is what you THOUGHT.” I barked back at him which made him flinch.

“Sorry.” He faced downwards while pouting like a boy who have lost his toy.

“No point of getting angry, now we need to know how to turn her back.” Junhyung moved forward to the centre with his hands crossed.

I just realize this now, they were all still wearing pyjamas. And boy, they have such a messy bed hair.

“You’re right. Gikwang,” Yoseob pat Gikwang’s shoulder. “Go and find out what or which potion did this to her and find out how to turn her back.”

“Since you are very good with potions, I think we will solve this problem faster than a speeding bullet” Dongwoon stated.

“I sure hope so.” I sigh. Since I am on Doojoon’s shoulder he could hear me loud and clear.

“Don’t worry, we’ll fix this” Doojoon pat my back softly to make me rest assure.

Everyone went out from my room except Hyunseung, he was staring in mid-air for who knows how long. I called out for him and he finally snapped back to reality.

“Eh? Where’s everyone?” Hyunseung scratches his head and look around in confusion as he realize that he was still in my room.

“They left to find out what is the cause of my form and how to fix it back. They are in Gikwang’s room.” I tried to sit on the bed but fail many times, Hyunseung realize my situations and he help me sat on my bed. He sat next to me and look at me with his big round eyes.

“What really happen to you?” He looked at my cat ears and touch the end on my cat ears, I flinch because it was ticklish. I was devastated. I though he heard our conversation just now. What was he doing?

“Didn’t you listen just now?” I crossed my arm. He shook his head while pouting since he saw my angry face.

“What were you doing then?”

“I was thinking that why can’t we see air? And why do we only feel air?” He stared blankly at the wall. I guess he was in his 4D world just now.

I rolled my eyes before I could explain everything to him and let out a deep breath. I explained to him in detail and he didn’t understand for like, 4 flippin’ times!

When he finally understand, he went to Gikwang’s room to help him out. After he wash up of course.

Now, what about breakfast?!