Power

Living in Neverland

Walking into the class and see Yumi drooling over Dongwoon is not what I need right now. Just as her eyes landed on me, the ugly smirk form at the end of her lip.

“Hey, Seri. Where were you?” She ask cockily, swirling at the end of her hair.

“From my mother’s womb.” I said and walk past her to get to my seat.

She pulled me back to where I was standing.

“No time for jokes.” Her smirk disappear and I could feel people gaze are on us.

“Aww~ Did someone miss me?” I cooed. A smile plaster on my face and of course it’s not a genuine smile.

“Ew! No way!” She scoff and fold her arms together. I take this chance to go to my seat but she was about to say something else, she didn’t get to since the teacher is already here and are not in a good mood. He was yelling at the top of his lungs telling students to go back to their seats.

“It’s clearly somebody’s time of the month” I mumble but everyone’s eyes were on me.

I think I just said that out loud.

“Oh, Mrs Park. I haven’t seen you around.” He said through his gritted teeth. Clearly piss off.

“Been busy” I said casually.

“Well, I hope you didn’t forget about your lessons.”

Oh god, here it comes.

“Come here and show everyone what you can do.”

Great, just great. Obviously they don’t know that I’m human.

I took a quick glance at Dongwoon, sending him message to help me and when our eyes connected, he mouthed sorry.

I let out a deep sigh and got up from my seat.

“I bet she doesn’t know anything. She even skip exam”

Who else would said that except from Yumi?

She seem to have a grudge on me. Probably because me being with her so-called-boyfriend is not so attempting.

I took my wand from my pocket.

And I tried to remember the spell that Dongwoon teach me not so long ago, just because he doesn’t want me to fall back on the lessons.

But I’m not good at memorising stuff. What was it again?

I scratch my unhitching head and I could hear Yumi trying to hide her laugh which is clearly visible.

“Told you she’s an idiot.” She told her friends and that made my head jolted up to look at her. She just gave me her common smirk.

I’ll show her.

Conbogpal!”  I said, loud enough for everyone to hear.

Unexpectedly- or maybe expectedly?

My wand let out a huge fire and the curtain was set on fire.

Maybe it wold be better if Yumi were on fire.

Mr Horan was panicking, everyone was. The fire was getting bigger every milliseconds.

“Seri! Put the fire out!” Mr Horan screamed which tear down my ear drum.

You’re the teacher, you should do it. I was up for an argument but the fire was getting bigger, I think I should save people lives rather than killing them.

MulMalyeong!” I said quickly and water come out from my wand to put the fire out.

The whole class was a mess. I mess it up.

Everyone was groaning at the mess that I made and here I am, staring at the mess I made.

“Detention.” Mr Horan said as he wiped water from his shirt.

“And you have to clean this up.”

I could hear everyone commenting about me. Negative comments.

“Can I go to the toilet?” I ask Mr Horan and show my wet clothes.

He let out a sigh before he allow me to get out from this little prison.

I walk down the corridor and made my way to the toilet, but it seems that I’m lost.

I ran my fingers through my hair and let out a dramatic sigh.

This is good right? At least I’m not in that prison anymore.

 

I found myself outside of the school, facing the forest.

I need some fresh air.

I was thinking about how my parents are doing. I was wondering if their lives are better than having me in it.

Huge explosion came from the forest. My back straighten up, my eyes grew bigger full of concern.

Most people won’t go there because if there’s an explosion, there’s danger but my curiosity is very high. I can’t help to think what would cause the explosion.

Then, I remember maybe it was the same monster that attack me when I first went into that forest.

I was hesitating to go into the forest, but then there’s another full blown sound coming out at the same spot.

My head jolted up and I just can’t take my curiosity even further.

If I didn’t go into the forest then my thought would trouble me in the next few days. I should just go.

I followed my heart and went into the forest.

I tried to remember where I heard the sound coming from and started to walk to that direction.

I started to hear something. Someone was talking, but who?

“You need to control your power or not someone you loved might be hurt. You can do better than that.” Someone instruct to another person.

I come forward and hide behind a tree, trying not to make a sound.

“I’m trying!” He roared.

Wait, I know that voice. Or am I wrong?

“You think It’s easy? Why don’t you try it yourself for a change?” He storm off and is…walking this way?!

I’m panicking! What should I do? Make a run for it?

I carefully walk backwards not wanting to make a sound but then – crack!

Yes, I am the most unluckiest girl in the whole wide world. Thank you, god.

“Who’s there?!”

I hesitantly move to the side and came out behind the tree.

“Little kitten?”

I look up and it was..

“Junhyung..”

“What are you doing here?”

I didn’t pay attention to his question, instead I look behind him and it was as if there was a world war three had just happen.

Trees were broken, grass was dry. Who did this?

What have the environment did to you?

They give you oxygen to live and you did that to them, wow you’re so kind.

Wait…

A picture of a monster who had hurt Yoseob at the forbidden forest came in my head.

The words replayed in my head.

“Control your powers”

When Junhyung gone mad at me when I told him to go and rest when Yoseob was hurt.

Doojoon and the others were trying their hardest to calm him down.

Did Junhyung did that?

Hurting the monster until it turn to mash potatoes?

A huge panic wash over me. Actually, I didn’t feel panic.

I felt scared.

Scared of Junhyung.

“What’s wrong?” He tried to come closer but I was so scared. What if he’ll hurt me?

I back away when he was coming closer. He look confuse for a second. But then his face turn out to be calm, he knows why I’m backing away.

“Look, I can explain-“

Before he say another word, I made a run for it.

 

 “God, why haven’t I thought of it before?” I face palm myself. It was now break time and I am at the roof top.

I mentally run myself from Junhyung and I don’t think I’m ready to face him yet.

So here I am, sitting at the corner, muttering curse words where I thought I should have threat him better.

He could have killed me since I have always piss him off with my comments. Since I know that he is like the most powerful wizard than the others, that made me scare of him.

“I should have treat him better, or at least not push his buttons” I growled.

Why do I care about this now anyways? It’s all in the past, what’s done is done, I should just get over with. Now I have learnt my lesson not to  mess with Junhyung again, I should probably watch out on my-

The door opened wide and the tension air build up a force in my throat, not wanting me to breath.

I slowly turn my head to the left and I felt a presence stood right next to me, I didn’t dare to face up because my body all tense up and I felt scared.

That person was huffing and puffing loudly, his breath was cut short.

“Seri..” Melodies to my ears, my head jolt up and the person I didn’t want to meet the most stood right In front of me. I felt trap.

“W-what?” I tried to sound confident and not afraid but that became the opposite when I look at Junhyung.

“Just listen to me, okay?” He said seriously. He’s still going to explain later on, since we are living together under the same roof. It’s not like I can run away from him forever, can I?

I nodded my head and felt him sitting next to me, our shoulder brushes together and that gave sparks in my stomach.

I was too focus on the feeling that I’m having, I didn’t notice that he has already start opening his mouth.

“About earlier…” He didn’t know how to continue and he let out a deep sigh as he run his fingers through his hair.

“I’m different than others – my power I mean.” I just nodded my head slightly for him to continue.

“I’m actually the dangerous one out of all these students in our school.”

I took a glance at him and I couldn’t read his expression, I don’t know whether he is hurt or just something else? Did he even want to tell me this?

That question made my heart stop, does he want to tell me this?

I didn’t even think twice and I ask him the question that has been digging it claws in me.

“I figured that you have the right to know” He gave me a half-hearted smile. “So yes, I want to tell you this so I wouldn’t be trouble next time.”

“Trouble?” I raised my eyebrow and my lips forming a little pout. Clearly I was confuse.

“My power Isn’t the same as the others. That’s why I have special class for only me, I didn’t have the same class as them.” He explain briefly and I listen to every single detail that he is giving me.

“I couldn’t control my power, that’s why I’m dangerous to be with and have special class. I’m learning to control it.”

“What is your power?” Question that have been bugging me for a few minutes have left my lips and I just sit there, looking into his eyes and wait for his answer.

“Fire.” He answered my question with such simple words but I wanted to know more. When I was about to ask another question, he just give me that certain look and I know he didn’t want me to push any further. I followed his silent wish and just stare at mid-air.

A sudden question lingered in my head, and I can’t help myself but to ask him.

“Why didn’t you tell me before?” I ask him with my eyes still facing the mid-air. It was cold today but not so cold. I could feel the warmth of the sun just a little bit. Summer is going to come soon anyways.

“I didn’t want you to be scared of me” With that, my head jolted and face him with such curiosity. “I didn’t want you to treat me like every student in this school.”

Now that he mention it. I haven’t seen him hang around with other students except for Doojoon and the others.

“I’m scared to see you with fears in your eyes.” His voice were full of sincerity that I don’t know how to reply to him. One second my mouth were hung open to say something back but then the other second it would just close up and let the awkward tension filled the air around us.

“I don’t like the looks they were giving me and I didn’t want you to give me the same look. They don’t accept me because of my power, they are afraid of me but what can I do? I was born with this power, it’s not like I didn’t want to live like they do. So carefree.” He faked laugh. His eyes showing me noting but hurt, pain – wait those two words have the same meaning.  Knowing that I won’t say anything back, he continued. “I can’t promise you but I’m sure I won’t hurt you.” He said gazing his eyes on me. I can tell he was honest. I can’t help but to just believe him, I really do believe in his words.

“I know.” I said as I reach for his hands. As our skin touches together, my stomach did many kinds of back flips, I can’t even explain in with words.

“I know you won’t hurt me.” I grip on his hand softly not wanting to hurt him.

My eyes lifted upwards and saw him staring back at me with full of lust.

Why is he staring at me like that?

 I didn’t even realize that he was an inch away from me until I heard the bell rang.

He let out and awkward cough as he look away from me.

“Let go.” He stood up and held out his hand for me. I blink my eyes innocently as I look at him with curiosity.

“You don’t want to go?” He ask and I pushed back my thoughts behind me.

I nodded sheepishly and hold his hand. Again, fireworks were in my tummy. I don’t know whether that is a good thing or not.

My thought went back to where Junhyung were an inch away from me. I can’t help but to think, what was he going to do? Or what was he trying to do?

 

It’s already break time. We were walking to the cafeteria to meet the others.

I can’t help but notice that everyone’s eyes were on us. Well, most eyes were on Junhyung.

Junhyung didn’t even bother about their glares. It’s as if he doesn’t care at all. He’s walking with his hands in his pocket and just walk with his head held high.

And there was me, walking behind him, looking like a lost sheep.

When we arrive at the cafeteria, we went straight to our usual place and saw that everyone was already there.

Once Dongwoon eyes landed on me, his body relaxes.

“Where were you?” Dongwoon ask with a hint of worry in his voice.

“Toilet.” I simply answer and sat down next to Junhyung. Yoseob handed me a sandwich and in return I gave him a confuse look.

“I thought I might take one for you since it’s nearly finish” He stated and gave me a smile.

“Thanks” I thank him and began eating my lunch.

 “But you went for nearly an hour.” Dongwoon continue where he left off. I guess he really wanted to know where was I.

“I got lost.” I took another bite of my sandwich. I didn’t even realise how hungry I was until I ate.

“You got lost?” Doojoon ask me. Hyunseung was sitting across him, he was all quite because he is eating his food. Once the food is in front of him, nothing will disturb him, not even if there’s an earthquake, he won’t even notice.

“Yeah, this school is too big.” I said

I look elsewhere and realize Gikwang isn’t here.

“Where’s Gikwang?” I ask, my eyes were still roaming in the cafeteria, hoping I would see him.

“He went to the forest to pick ingredients again, with Mrs Phillip” Junhyung answer. When his eyes connected to mine, he quickly turn away. We didn’t even get to stare at each other for three seconds.

I grin, seeing that the almighty Junhyung is embarrassed. You don’t see that every day.

 

Lunch went by like normal days. Before I know it, it’s already over. Going back to classroom and seeing the devil isn’t so pleasant.

“Where did you run off to? Your mummy?” Yumi ask with her hand folded, all of her friends were behind her copying her move. I’m starting to think that they are her slaves.

“Ha ha” I laugh sarcastically with a poker face and walk past them, they just move away as if I’m some kind of disease but when Dongwoon walk past them, now that is a different story. 

 

School went perfectly fine, well except for the girl’s glare and Yumi comments of course.

But as soon as I landed my foot in the apartment, Yoseob started to ask me questions about my past again. I don’t get why does he seems so curious about it? I didn’t feel like telling anyone about it and I will definitely not ready to tell them now.

My past is complicated. They won’t believe me even if I do tell them.

I once told my mum about it, but she won’t believe me and I was grounded for the whole month.

“Why?” I squeak out. There was a huge lump in my throat right now, because I have been remembering the past which I don’t want to.

All eyes were on me. We were in the living room, when Yoseob ask me those question.

I can tell that they are confusing.

“Why what?” Hyunseung ask me.

I lift my head up and they were shock to see my appearance, most probably because my eyes were all glossy.

“Seri..” Junhyung stood up from his seat and walk closer to me. When his hand was just about to touch my face, I back away.

No, this is not the time to break down. I can’t show them my weak side.

I look down as I rub my eyes, to hide the tears.

Facing up, making sure that I have my mask on. I look at them with a poker face.

“Nothing.” I was making my way to my room but Junhyung grab my wrist when I was avoiding him.

My breath was on hold, my heart started to fasten up. Is it just me or is it getting really hot here?

He pulled me back, making me stood in front of him. His move making me feel as if no one was here but that was not true, everyone was looking at us curiously.

“Tell me.” He grip on my wrist started to become tighter.

I let out a soft yelp and that made his eyes softer and his grip loosen.

“I’m sor-“ I pulled my hand back and gave him my best glare. After that, I went to my room.

I felt angry all of the sudden. Why were they being so nosy? And I though Junhyung said that he would never hurt me. Was it just a white lie?

I crawl into my bed, putting my earphone in. I scroll down my music track and started to play Monster by Paramore.

Adjusting the volume into the highest one, my earphone started to blast out loud music into my ears.

 

You were my conscience

So solid, now you're like water

And we started drowning

Not like we'd sink any further

But I let my heart go

It's somewhere down at the bottom

But I'll get a new one

And come back for the hope that you've stolen



As the music plays in my ear, I started to drifted to my dreamland but it turn out to be a nightmare.  

                                                                                                                                                                                 

Finally! I'm so sorry I havent been updating for a while >.<

Next chapter I'll tell you about Seri, dreadful past. Which is quite sad.

Today is Dongwoon and Hyuna's birthday and I have made a oneshot story about Dongwoon!

At Sunset

Please do read it and tell me what you think about it! ^^

This month I will be busy, so I dont know when I would update.

But I hope it wont be that long, Cross your fingers!