Suspicious

Living in Neverland

 

Yoseob POV

What? An Angel?

“Wuah! This light is so beautiful~” She said while hopping around with her light around her hand.

“Wait, Seri. What do you mean by-“

 I wanted to ask her. What does she mean? I thought she couldn’t use magic. Isn’t she from Earth? Isn’t she a human? Millions of question kept on coming in my head but I just couldn’t say it out loud. I couldn’t ask her. But I couldn’t find the answer if I don’t ask her.

I took a glance at her who is happily hopping around. She throw her arms in the air which made the light glitters everywhere.

I walked closer to her. “Seri, you’re an angel? But…How?” I ask her with such confidence that she may answered all the questions in my head.

“What do you mean how? I just am!” She beamed a smile at me.

Wait, so she is an angel in the first place? I need to know more information than that.

“My Dad though me Magic! See?” She beamed out a purple light from her palm. Her dad?

“What’s your dad’s name?” I ask, impatient. I might know him.

“He’s name?” She was confused. Why?

“His name…” She kept on repeating herself. Her head hurts, she grabbed her forehead. I think she thinks too much.

“Are you okay? Seri-ah” I held out my arm for her. She back away.

She was panting hard, sweating. Her hands are shaking, she is trembling. What is wrong? I was pressured, worried of what might happen. My legs couldn’t move. I couldn’t move because of what I’m seeing right now. Why is she like this?

Her wings disappeared, she was tired. When she was about to fall, my legs finally move and I grab her before she could even hit the floor.

 I carried her and placed her on my bed. I might have cost this. I shouldn’t have pressured her. Never mind, I’ll ask her when the time is right.

Seri POV

The sun glitters on my face. It’s already morning. I sat up as I stretch my arms, when I look around. I realized that this is not my room. Where am I?

I heard someone groaning, I looked to my left and saw Yoseob sleeping. I was blur, why am I here?

Yoseob sat up while yawning and stretching his arm.

“Why? Do you want to go potty again?” He ask. What? I grabbed a pillow and throw at him.

“What are you saying?” I shouted. He was groaning and hold his face. I just ran out of the room and went to mine.

Seriously, what just happen? Why was I in his room?

“You’re exaggerating Park Seri. Just calm down.” I mumbled to myself.

I tried to shrug it off but I cant. Guess I have to ask him later on. I took a quick shower and went to make breakfast.

I heard footsteps behind as I cook some seafood. I turned around and it was Doojoon and Gikwang.  They were shock to see me. Why?

“Why are you standing there? Come and help me.” I said and continue cooking. They walk slowly and look at me weirdly. Gikwang then starts poking my cheeks, which irritates me.

“Why are you doing that?” I barked at him. He was taken back.

“Yeah, she turn back to her normal self.” Doojoon said and finally he started to help me out by cutting some vegetables.

“What do you mean by that?” I ask

“You don’t remember?” Gikwang ask. I just shook my head, saying ‘no’.

“You were turn to a 5 year old girl.” Gikwang explained. They told me that I ate a weird mushroom which turn me into a kid. Well, not  my body but my mind. I still couldn’t believe what I am hearing.

Then, I was acting…childish in front of them? I was embarrassed. I froze. I could feel the heat rising onto my cheeks. I bet I did something embarrassed in front of them. I let out a deep sigh and control myself. So, maybe that is why Yoseob asked me that question just now. I should apologize to him later.

Everyone got out from their room and was surprised to see me acting myself again. They were all asking me if I was all right. I couldn’t make any eye contact with Yoseob, because I was embarrassed. We started eating our breakfast in silence. I was about to say something to Yoseob but it turn out that he made the first move.

“Seri, what is your father’s name?” He ask me with full of curiosity in his eyes.

“Why do you want to know?” I ask him back, why out of a sudden he wanted to know my background?

“Just asking…” He looked down at his food. I felt pity. Well, not only did I hit him in the face, I might have trouble him.

“If you want to know it that much, his name is Park Jimin.” I continue eating my food.

He look confuse for a second. Why? I already told him what he wanted to hear.

“Is he a wizard or anything related to us? You know, does he have magic too?” He ask me again. This time it totally hits me. I nearly choked on my food, good thing Dongwoon quickly give me a glass of water.

“Why are you asking her that question?” Doojoon nudge Yoseob.

“Just…” He paused. “Just curious” He gave a smile but it didn’t reach to his eyes.

We were getting ready for school. Once we went outside, the cold wind hit my face and I felt shivers all over my body.

Time flies by then, school start as usual but some of my classmates started talking about what happen about the incident that I made to Mr Horan the other day. The day when my mind wasn’t that right. Dongwoon actually explain to me about that incident and of course I felt bad and stupid at the same time.

We have yet another lesson with Mr Horan today. Just so you know, he was quite mix. Half Korean, half Irish. His Korean was so fluent that I nearly believe that he was full Korean at first, until Dongwoon explain to me about Mr Horan.

When he step in, he looked at me with amusement in his eyes. “Looks like you got your mind back. Are you okay now Seri?” He ask and all of the students started to face me. Waiting for my answer. “Yes” is all I could say. If he is telling me to apologize for that incident, he’s not getting it. Why? Because at that time my mind wasn’t right. Why should I apologize when I don’t remember what exactly has happen.

We continue our lesson and I was getting a lot of compliment from Mr Horan and also Dongwoon. Guess I have improve my skills then.

The day have ended like that and as usual I have to make dinner for them. While I was making dinner in the kitchen I could see they were all in the living room, discussing something serious. Which I don’t really care about. I didn’t hear anything because the sound of the grill sizzle when I put some sauce in it was bothering me. I concentrate on cooking rather than their conversation. Wouldn’t want my food to burn and waste it would I?

Minute by minute has passed by and yet none of them wanted to help me in the kitchen. Like seriously, I know I’m a girl and I’m supposed to be in the kitchen but I could use a little help too. It’s not like I’m a super girl who can handle everything, I don’t have multiples arm to handle things. While I was complaining about how useless guys can be in my mind, Doojoon went inside without me noticing and he heard me cursing under my breath.

“Why are you mad?” I glance at the side and looked into his dark brown eye. He raise his eyebrows as if he saw a ghost. Like a good boy he was, he waited for my answer patiently.

“Just complaining about how useless boys can be” I answered honestly. I put some garlic in which made the grill all sizzling again.

“We were discussing something serious back there.” He frown and wash his hands before starting to help me out.

“Yeah, and you wouldn’t bother about me being in the kitchen. What if an alien come out of nowhere and kidnap me for my human flesh?” I could hear he bark out of laughter.

“Now that, will never happen.” He started to cut some vegetables and put in the pot, mix with the soup that I made.

“And how would you know?” I lean against the kitchen table. Looking at him with my arms crossed.

“Because we have no alien in this world.” He flick my forehead and I growl.

“But you have monsters, wizards, fairies, vampires in this world. Who know, maybe there is one. Maybe you haven’t notice it yet. “ I continue cooking and flip the fish over so it can be cook at the other side.  

“You forgot about Orcs, dwarves and giants.” He said calmly while cooking some eggs and stirring the pot at the same time.

“Oh, now you are telling me this. How come I never seen it?” I raise my eyebrows. Waiting for an answer.

“Because they do their jobs in the woods. If you want to see them so badly, I will take you there.” He smirk. I don’t want to see it because it would scare the hell out of me. But on the hand, I do want to see it because…hey, you never seen this in earth do you?

“I’ll think about it.” I smirk. We nearly finish cooking our food, all we need to do is dining it. Out of the sudden, I was curious about something.

“Why are they in the woods?” I turn back at him, I could only see his back because he was busy making some grape juice.

“It’s their job to cut woods. So we can cut them and make some more buildings.” He explain to me and looked back at me while holding a glass and place it on the table. He wanted to get some more glass for the others but I stop him by grabbing his wrist.

He look at me with a confuse face.

“Dude, we have done the cooking job. Why don’t they do they dining job?” I pointed at the others who were laughing like a maniac while watching ‘Gag Concert’

Although I might sound a bit childish right but still, it isn’t fair.

“They could wash the dishes too” Doojoon said while grinning widely.

We went to the living room and I could see Dongwoon eyes were full with tears. Could be laughing too hard from the show.

Doojoon clap his hands which grab their attention. Hyunseung help him out by turning the volume down.  

 

“Yo! Seri and I have done our job. So you guys do the other job which is dining the table and washing the dishes.” Doojoon flop down on the sofa while resting his feet on the coffee table. I slowly push his foot down off the table and glare at him. My action make me feel old.

I could hear Junhyung growling but at the end he stood up and made his way to the kitchen and started to dine.

Everyone started to stand up. I felt someone pat my shoulder. I turn and it seems that it was Gikwang. He beam a smile at me and lean forward to whisper something to me.

“Thank you for your hard work” He said and off he goes. I have to say, his minty breath made me feel jingle all over. I felt like my stomach flopping down the floor. Didn’t know that his simple action can make me feel lots of different things.

Yoseob started to ask me a lot of question about my family. I started to find it very suspicious.

“Spill the beans. What do you want from me?” I ask him straight forward. I drop my chopstick down and look at his straight in the eye.  The others started to feel uncomfortable.

“Nothing. I just want to know about you. Is that so bad?” He smirk cockily. It started  to annoy me.

“Yeah it is, it is annoying me. I don’t like to talk about my background.” I barked.

“Well to bad, you have to. We can’t just let a stranger living with us. What if you are trying to steal something from us?” Yoseob twitch.

“Dude, I don’t know anything about you either. So we are even.” I started to give him a glare but all he did was tilt his head and gave me that annoying smirk again.

“And I don’t want to steal anything from you guys. Why would I?” Before Yoseob could even reply, Junhyung cut him with his words.

“Guys, you should stop this. I’m starting to get annoy” Junhyung gave us the shut-up-before-i-kill-you look.

“Yeah, all I want is a peaceful dinner. With my food.” Hyunseung stare at his food with so much passion. I swear, he is creeping me out with those looks.

“Well, I’m sorry if you’re not getting any.” I sigh and look back to Yoseob who is staring at me with his dark eyes.

“I have lost my appetite.” Dongwoon let out a deep sigh before looking at me with his sympathy eyes.

Donwgoon was about to leave but Doojoon stop him with his words.

“You’re not going anywhere. Seri and I gave a lot of work on cooking this, so you better sit back on your chair and continue eating even when you have lost you appetite.” Doojoon bark. Dongwoon couldn’t do anything but to just follow his orders, he sat back next to me looking like a dog who is pouting with his big rounded eyes.

“And Yoseob, you are being weird lately. Stop asking her question and start eating your dinner.” Doojoon continue. I look back and forth from Doojoon to Yoseob. It looks like they are giving some signals to each other with only their eyes. They stop the staring contest when Yoseob finally nodded and continue eating his food.

Gikwang has been extremely quiet, he was in an awkward situation I suppose.

We all started to eat in silence. Once we have finish, we left the dishes with Yoseob and Dongwoon. They were in charge of the dishes.

I went straight back to my room and rest my back on my bed. Letting out a deep sigh, I stare into the mid-air. Remembering about Yoseob being a jerk a while ago.

I close my eyes tightly and let out a deep sigh. I guess I made a wrong decision about coming here and live with a bunch of boys which I couldn’t even say my friends.

My heart nearly pop out of my chest when that specific someone barge into my room.

I fall out of my bed and landed on the floor. Good thing it didn’t smash my face.

“Whoa, didn’t mean to scare you there.” He said and quickly help me to stand up. I looked up to find Gikwang grinning at me. I shrug him off and look at him.

“Haven’t you heard of the word ‘Knocking’?” I raised my eyebrows and crossed my arms.

He grin spread widely as he look at me with amusement. “Actually, yes I do but I don’t really care anyways.”

“Whatever, what do you want?” I ask

“Well, I was going to teach you with potions. But then all that argument you had with Yo-“

I cut him off before he could say his name. “It’s not actually an argument.”

I started to feel bad about, I mean Yoseob was the one who bought me here because I told him to, just because I want to get out of that mad house. Now, I am making troubles to him. I may be a feisty girl, but I will soften if you stayed with me longer.

By the way, it was Yoseob fault who made me lost my temper. If he hadn’t been asking me about my parents and stuff I wouldn’t have lose it. Why does he want to know anyway?

“Okay, then it wasn’t an argument.” Gikwang rubbed his neck. He look fragile and confuse at the same time.

“So anyway, about potions” I get straight to the point. Wanting this conversation to be over and to not be in an awkward silence.

“Since exam is coming in a few weeks, I want to teach you about potions. Come to my room.” He grabbed my arm and lead me to his room.

Come to think of it, I haven’t been in to his room yet. As wrong as it sounds, I went into his room.

His room was a bit huge than the others. And he have this long rectangle table at the end, which have lots of potions on the table. Bubbles and smoke came out of one of the jar.

I walk closer to see what it is. There was a green liquid that is boiling under a Bunsen burner.

His room look like half of science lab and half of his bedroom.

I’m starting to think that he is a nerd. But why does people keep saying that he is a ‘pabokwang’? Maybe because of his blur face. 

“Are you going to poison me with this liquid because you don’t like me staying here?” I rest back on the table, careful not to spill all of his hard work.

“What? No! Why would I do that?” He raise his eyebrow and I raise mine too, cheekily.
“I was just asking” I trailed of and took a sit in front of his ‘laboratory’

“So tell me what I have to learn.” I said and make myself comfortable in his seat.

I could feel his touch behind my back, his deep, minty breath tickles my skin and sent shivers all over my body. From behind, he took a jar with his long arm and place it in front of me. The liquid in the jar is yellowish. He took another jar which is full of bluish liquid. He placed it in front of me, he then took another empty jar and place it in the middle.

Potions are like chemistry. So I have to be careful not to blow things up.

“You have to add them both together and it will form something magical.” His breath kept on tickling and I bit my lower lip to hold back my chuckle.

“Mind to tell me what is that ‘magical?” I could feel that he was smirking behind my back. He pressed his cheeks on my hair and this time, his mouth was right next to my ear. Making me hear his deep breath.

“You’ll see” He whispered in my ears with his husky voice. Made me nearly want to faint- nearly.

I was quite afraid actually, what if I mix them together and then BAM! I turn into a fish or maybe worst, I may turn to an opposite gender.

 

                                                                   

Quite a long chappie right? Well, I didnt want my readers to wait so long.

So I will continue the next chapter after my exam next week. 

Wish me luck!   '.'    *pokerface*