Half human

Living in Neverland

Yoseob is half-human?!

What does he mean by half-human? Didn’t they say that humans are not allowed in their world? Isn’t Yoseob a full wizard just like the others?

“Seri,” His voice brings me back to reality. I just realize that I have been standing here for quite a while now. Bringing my face up to see Yoseob face. It was unreadable. I can’t read what’s his expression give me.

“How long have been standing there?” There, I see it. He is nervous. He wanted to know if I heard their conversation, Jiseol words.

I wanted to tell him that I have heard and I have many questions to ask him about this, but I decide not to push it. I decide not to ask him but that doesn’t mean that I won’t in the near future or maybe sooner than I thought.

I haven’t ask him about the Earth being a forbidden place to them. I’m still confuse about that, if it is a forbidden place. Why would he go there in the first place? Or does it have something to do with him being half-human?

Trying to push away my thoughts for now, I look at Yoseob who is now standing a feet away from me.

“What were you thinking about?” Even though we are a foot away, I could still feel his  breath supressing my skin. It was warm and his minty breath pleasure my nose.

“Stuff.” I replied while giving him a lazy grin.  I turn and walk towards the door, hearing his footsteps I knew he was following behind me.

Now, we’re just walking sides by side across the hallway.

“You still haven’t answer my first question.” He broke the not-so-comfortable silence that we had.

“And you still haven’t tell me where the school office is.” I return his question with one of my own. His lips move upwards, his eyes glint with amusement with my answer.

“Fair enough. Let’s go.” He took the lead and we got into the school office with no problem.

 

Once we have finish applying my missing student form to replace the old ones. We went to the canteen to our usual spot.

“Now, are you going to answer my first question?” He raise one of his eyebrow only to make him look cooler but it just look weird to me, I can’t help but to supress a giggle from my lips.

He look at me as if I had grown another head. Confuse and curious of what I was laughing about.

Calming myself down, I decide to ask him. About all this ‘half-human’ thing. It really starting to bother me.

After an awkward silence that have been between us for like 15 minutes. I courage myself up and just ask him about it.

“When exactly are you going to tell me that you are half-human?” I ask him with my head held high and I just look in front. I didn’t dare to look at his reaction, but I could tell that his eyes were popping out by the burning gaze he give me and by his neck swung at my direction.

“How did you…?” He didn’t proceed his question and left it hanging. He continue to stare at me with his wide eyes.

“I heard.” I answer him by a simple word. Taking a glance at Yoseob, I see him swallowing his saliva down and his hands running through his hair. He is definitely nervous and by that I knew  I hit the sensitive question.

“ I never plan on telling you.” With those words, I went all crazy. Has he gone crackers?   I told him about my dreadful past and he didn’t want to tell me his? I trusted him by telling him my story that I have always wanted to forget about but having the scars on my arm didn’t actually help me, instead it remind me of that incident again.

“Why not?” I choked out, having a huge lump in my throat surprise me. I was angry, devastated.

“It’s none of your business.” He gave me the cold stare before walking away, but I stopped his steps by stepping in front of him.

“Are you serious?” I scoff my words. It felt disgusting just by saying it. “My past wasn’t your business either but you decided to push yourself into my heart. I trusted you by telling my past and now you’re saying that your past isn’t my business?” He went stiff and all tense by my tone. But I choose to ignore it and continue my ‘lecture’.

“Are you saying that you don’t trust me? Is that it?” I urge onto my question. My eyes are shooting lasers at him. I can’t help myself but to feel more angry.

“I wanted to know your past because I wanted to help you. There’s nothing you could do if you know my past. You-“ I cut him off.

“There’s nothing you could do to change my past either, yet I told you.”

There was a dead silence then. We were standing in the hallway, facing each other with blasting eyes.

“I mean…” I dragged my words out. I wanted to break this silence. I actually didn’t want to have an argument with him but seeing him like this is hard.

“Don’t I at least deserve to know?”  My eyebrows crooked and was looking at him with pleading eyes. I hold onto my sleeves as if my life depend on it.

He look up from the floor, and look into my eyes for a good minute. With that one word supress from his lips. My world broke down.

“No.”

That’s it, I couldn’t stand seeing his face right now. So, I did one thing that I have done for my entire life.

I ran.

I ran away from him. Where to? I don’t know but I just didn’t want to be in the same place as him.

But before I could get away from him, I swear I hear him say those sentence.

“You would hate me.”

 

**********
 

I wanted to scream. I wanted the whole world to know that I am angry but instead I held it in.

I skipped two lesson, and I’m sure school would end in another hour.

I have been sitting crossed leg on the rooftop, resting my head against the wall. My mind went back to the thoughts of Yoseob. Now that just ruined my mood all over again. I mean, how could he? How dare he?

Am I not close to his heart yet? Am I not trusted yet?

Letting out a growl , I tried to calm myself down.

“I hate this…” I mumbled out.

I closed my eyes for a brief second, clearing my mind as the wind supress my skin. My hair tickle my neck and for  a moment there, I felt right. As if there’s no problem in the world. But of course this is reality and reality just have to ruin everything.

An image came into my mind. It was the book from before, from when I went to the forest. Why does it popped up in my mind right now? Come to think of it, I had a feeling that book might have something to do with me. It did talk to me, begging me to take that book. I should go back to that place, but how? I feel the need to hold that book for some odd reason.

“What are you doing here?”

My eyes bulged out at the unknown voice. Hands tighten into a fist ready to put up a fight if that person attack me. But that all drained out as I saw the figure standing on my right, amusement glint in his eyes.

I let out a deep sigh and sorted out my ponytail. Crossing my arms and move my eyes back onto the clear sky.

I sense his movement and he sat down next to me. After a few seconds of silent, Hyunseung decide to ask me the almighty question.

“What happen with you and Yoseob? Did you had a fight?” His voice all croaked up, and I’m guessing he have a sore throat.

“What’s wrong with your voice? Do you have a cold?” As if on cue, my hand went straight to his forehead. To see if he got a fever or something. I could feel his breathing started to fasten and his eyes turned black, full of lust and….wanted?

“I- I’m alright…” He turned his head away from my hand that is still at the same position. When I finally cleared my head, I turned back to my old position and stare at mid-air.

“You still haven’t answer my question though…” He turned to look at my eyes which I avoid. I didn’t reply to him, instead I just let out a huge sigh and I know he took it as ‘I-don’t-want-to-talk-about-it’. I’m grateful that he listen to me.

We have been sitting there for who knows how long, and seeing Hyunseung ditching a lesson with me isn’t that bad. At least I have some accompany.

After enjoying the silent between us, I decide to push back the topic we had before and start a new one.

“Would you do me a favour?” I ask him with my eyes fully locked on his. His eyes stared back at mine and he gave me a smile that brightens up the whole world. Even if it’s just a small smile that didn’t show his white glossy teeth.

“Depends on what it is.” He answered and now his body face at my direction and his eyes were showing nothing but interest and curiosity.

“Take me to the forbidden forest.”

 

**********

 

Dongwoon pov

I made my way to the canteen and took a seat with the others.

“Hey, where’s Seri?” Junhyung ask as soon as I was seated. I smiled at him, he have been extremely close with Seri and to think that he ask about her first isn’t quite surprising.

“She went to the office with Yoseob, something about filling her missing form” I explained as I dig in my lunch.

Recess pass like normal and I still haven’t see the sight of Seri and Yoseob anywhere, to say that I am worried is an understandable. They have been gone for almost half an hour.

Junhyung eyes roamed into the hall and it seems like I’m not the only one who is worrying about her.

Yoseob sight was seen and I immediately wave at him. He saw me and gave me not so warm smile, that was when I realize that Seri was not with him. Where is she?

“Where’s Seri?” I was going to ask him that but it seems like Junhyung beat me to it.

“She….went somewhere.” Yoseob answer with not much energy in it and I was starting to get worried. Is there something wrong?

“Where?” Gikwang ask as he look at Yoseob with curious eyes.

Yoseob just shrug as if he didn’t care what will happen to Seri at all, I was going to questioned him again but Junhyung, yet again, stop me for doing so.

“What do you mean by that?” I could see that Junhyung was trying his hardest not to tear our ear drums and let his aggressive side awake.

Doojoon patted Junhyung back, trying to tell him that this isn’t a place to show his dangerous side.

“She ran off” Yoseob answer with his poker face, eating his sandwich by taking a small bite.

“Why? Did something happen?” Hyunseung ask with his mouth full of mixed rice. I was quite surprise that Hyunseung was interest in this because normally, when he have food in front of him nothing will ever go between him and the food, and he usually block out people voices when he’s busy with his food.

“Nothing important…” Yoseob answered and everyone seems to get the message that he doesn’t wasn’t to talk about it but Junhyung clearly isn’t pleased with his answer.

 Just like that, our conversation has drained out. Doojoon tried his best to make a conversation but Yoseob and Junhyung wasn’t cooperating. The atmosphere was tensed and heavy, it made my throat blocked and I couldn’t say anything because it was so intense. To say that I was relieve that the bell rang was glad. Without a split second, I waved them goodbye and rushed off to my class, slightly hoping to see Seri.

But she wasn’t there.

 

Two lessons. She has skipped two lesson and I have been suffering, alone. Right now we are brewing potions and I have to pair up with Yumi since Seri is not here and with Yumi clinging onto me, pressing up her upper chest onto my arm really isn’t helping me at all. I just want this to get over with.

“Where’s Seri anyways?” Yumi flashes her eyes at me that I cringe out of disgust, how can her fake eyelashes not fall off?

“I have no idea.” I tried to continue with my potion, but my hands stop doing whatever it was going to do when she said those words.

“She must be embarrassed because of her incident last time, how can she be so stupid?” She let out a laugh and I knew that she meant by the fire incident that Seri had done, it wasn’t her fault though. She just came back from her cat-form and I actually blame myself for not teaching her enough.

“Do you think you’re that smart?” I ask her with my own question. I can’t stand people talking trash about Seri when they clearly doesn’t know her, they don’t know that Seri is a human.

“W-what?” She looked shock by my question and that just own her my smirk.

“If I remember correctly, you made mistake too didn’t you? Like, remember when you flooded the whole school on freshmen year?” I raised my eyebrow at her priceless face, her jaw was opened that I’m afraid that it will drop onto the ground sooner or later.

“T-that was-“

“A mistake.” I finished her sentence. “And Seri did a mistake too. Not everyone is perfect you know? We made mistakes.” With that she storm off to her so-called-friends. I rolled my eyes at that, how can she be so oblivious? Their friends have been trash talked about her behind her back all the time. How can she not know that by now?

 

**********

 

At last, the long awaited hour is here, school is finally over and I’m glad I’m not in class anymore. I feel like a loner there without having Seri sitting next to me.

I met the others in front of the gate, I took Seri bag with me in case I would meet her outside but again, I was wrong. Seri isn’t the only one missing, Hyunseung is not here too. I can see that because Doojoon is carrying his bag.

“Seri’s not here?” Doojoon noticed as he swung Hyunseung’s bag over his shoulder.

“Nope, guessing she’s with Hyunseung?” I walked closer to them and we began walking back to our apartment.

“Probably. I wonder what are they doing. Do you think they went for a date?” Gikwang ask playfully while wiggling his eyebrow at us.

“D-date? Are you serious?!” Junhyung eyes were about to popped out by Gikwang’s statement. I think, he took it seriously.

“I’m just guessing.” Gikwang shrug and walk forward, looking closely at the shopping window. He’s probably window shopping.

Yoseob has been incredibly quite for the past few minutes. He might be thinking about Seri, that brings me back, maybe he had a fight with Seri after all. They had arguments before but I never seen Yoseob look serious ever since that last incident.

“Hyung,” I nudge his shoulder which made him look up to meet my eyes. “Are you okay?”

“Urm…I’m okay” He gave me his half-hearted smile and just walk beside Gikwang. I knew something wasn’t right but I didn’t want to push it, he will tell us the problem eventually.

 

As soon as I walked into the room, my eyes were searching for Seri or even Hyunseung. I’ve been itching to see the sight of Seri ever since she was gone this morning, I have to make sure that she is fine.

But she wasn’t now here to be found. Okay, something fishy is happening here.

“Where are they?! They have been gone for a whole day!” Junhyung outburst surprise me. I didn’t know that he cared for Seri that much, or was it Hyunseung that he is worried about?

“Maybe they did went on a date.” Gikwang flopped himself onto the comfy sofa. Everyone seems comfortable without Seri. Maybe because they know that she is with Hyunseung.

Yoseob was gone to his room. Others – including me are in the living room. I was about to go to Seri room to drop her bag there but then the front door clicked open and there stood was Seri and Hyunseung.

Junhyung was the first one to jump off from the sofa to see Seri and Hyunseung. I went closer to them and their sight made my breath hooked.

Seri hairstyles change from this morning. In the morning her hair was into a ponytail but now she put her hair down which cover half of her face.

“Where we you?” Junhyung asked them as they took off their shoes.

I didn’t realize Hyunseung’s face because I have been scanning Seri, searching for injuries. Hyunseung’s hair was in a mess. His shirt was covered in dirt and his pants was slightly ripped. Same goes with Seri, then I see blood dripping down on both of her hands. What happen to them?

“Why are you…?” Doojoon left his question hanging, continuing eyeing them from head to toe.

For the first time, Seri held her head up and there I could see it.

“What happened to you?” Despite the huge lump in my throat, I was able to choke out that question. I went closer to her, pressing my hands onto both of her cheek. I carefully tugged her hair that was covering her right cheek, she flinch a little but that didn’t stop my action. When I finally tugged her hair behind her ear, I see the scar clearly. That was still bleeding.

“Go get the aid kit” Doojoon ordered Gikwang as soon as he saw the scar on her face and on her hands. Gikwang didn’t waste any second and he went to take the aid kit.

“Now, tell me what happen?” Doojoon ask as we made our way to the living room. When we were all seated Hyunseung cleared his throat, ready to start explaining. While I, on the other hand was treating Seri’s scar. She didn’t flinch, she didn’t speak, she didn’t do anything. I wonder if she lost her voice. She look so emotionless.

Junhyung didn’t talk either. He was too shock to see Seri injuries. I could see the irritation in his eyes though. He was angry, too angry.

“We went to the forbidden forest.” Hyunseung spoke.

With those words, all of our jaw was dropped down onto the floor. 

                                                                                                                                                         

Sorry for not updating for a while :/

Have you guys listen to 4Minute new song 'Is it Poppin' ?

Its really addictive. I have been listening to it non-stop ^^

A while ago, B2ST, G.Na and 4Minute had AIA concert in Malaysia. Sadly, I didnt go to their concert or even welcome them at the airport TT ^TT

Sometimes I think that B2ST are just a made up 3D charater that has been made by CUBE. 

I think that because, I never seen them in real life before, like...NEVER.

Well, i hope I will soon in the near future. Now, I saving my money for Beautiful Show. Dongwoon did say that they will come back to Malaysia for Beautiful Show. I hope its true :)

Thank you to : kpopperunnie

For commenting like loads~ And I have to say that you creative thinking is awesome! I love you! Please do comment more, I'm always excited when I see your name on the comment box. Your comment never fails on putting a smile on my face! Same goes to other!

Look out for the next chapter!

I swear I will improve my english and make this story much more exciting!

30th June 2013