An Angel?

Living in Neverland

 

2 Weeks have passed and Hyunseung’s fever has gone.

Right now, I’m in the class, beside Dongwoon. We are learning potion now and the teacher suggested that we all should pick our own ingredients to make our own potion. So we are going to the woods, behind the school. 

I don’t want to. I’m too lazy to even move.

“Seri, let’s go” Dongwoon waited for me.

“Can’t you just get it for me? I don’t want to go.” I rest my chin on my arm.

“Why? Are you sick?” He came closer and was about to touch my forehead. I quickly lifted my head and move far away from his hand.

“No, it’s not that” I objected as I show him my palm.

“Then, you have to go. Come on!” He grabbed my hand and storm out of the classroom. All of our classmates have already gone.

The teacher have split us into two groups. And of course I’m with Dongwoon. We went into the woods to search for mushrooms, leaves and other stuff for making a potion.

I was sitting down on the grass. I don’t care if it’s dirty. I‘m tired. Even though I did nothing.

Dongwoon was busy searching for mushrooms and the right leaves for the potion. I was playing with the grass when I accidently hit a mushroom. It’s weird, the mushroom have purple spots all over.

I pull the mushroom out and looked closely at it, I then smell it. It’s so weird. I never actually seen this before.

“Dongwoon-shi, how do you know which mushroom we have to collect for the potion?” I ask. He didn’t faced me, he was still busy searching for leaves in the bushes.

“The teacher said smell it, but you can taste it to make sure.” He explained.

So, without even thinking I bit the mushroom. Well, I am a bit hungry.

“But make sure it doesn’t have purple spots because-“ Too late. He turned around and saw me eating it.

I felt dizzy. My body felt heavy and I fell onto the ground. Dying! No, not really.

I felt as if my mind is being brainwashed. What happen to me? I could see Dongwoon’s blurry image who is running towards me.

Dongwoon POV

I sent her to the infirmary room and lie her down on the bed. She ate the mushroom with purple spots which mean it turn her into something, which I don’t really know. I ask my teacher about it.

“What will happen to her?” I ask him as he came closer.

“I cannot tell, a lot of people had eaten that mushroom before and some of them turns into some sort of animal. And others turn back into a kid. Well, not their body but their mind.” He explains

“So she either turn into an animal or a kid?”  I raised my eyebrows.

“Yes, and it will take some time for her to turn back into her usual self” He said

“How long?”

“Some says 1 day and others 1 week or maybe a month. We’re not sure yet” He said. “You should take care after her until she turns back to her normal self” He walked out of the room and I bid goodbye.

I turn back to Seri, who is sleeping soundly on the bed. I sit beside of the bed, waiting for her to wake up. Just as I sit on the chair, she wakes up.

“Seri, are you okay?” I ask her as she sit up while rubbing her eyes. Something’s different about her.  She doesn’t have this cold aura around her anymore.

She turn and face me, confused.

“Are you okay?” I ask her again and pat her shoulder. She jumped as I touch her, surprised of my action.

“Who are you?” Those sentence hit me, did her memories been erase?

“Where’s my mummy? Mum~” She started to cry, like a baby. She flapped her legs and hands. This is not the Seri I know.

“S-stop crying.” I tried to stop her tears.

“I’m not supposed to talk to strangers! Mum~ Dad~” She slapped my hands away and search for her parents. She continued to cry. What should I do?

“Your parents is away and they told me to babysit you” I blurted out. She stopped crying and face me with her pouty face.

“You’re not lying are you?” She wiped her tears away.

“Y-yeah” I smiled. “Come on, you must be hungry, right?” I handed out my hand. But it turn out she rejected my hand. I guess the old Seri is still in her.

“Where are we going?” She ask. “We’re going to eat!” I replied

We were walking in the corridor, making our way to canteen. Since it’s already recess time, there’s a lot of people running around.

I could feel someone is pulling my shirt, it was Seri. I guess she turn back into a kid.

“Seri, how old are you?” I ask

“5 years old!” She beamed a smile at me while showing her palm.  I was right. How am I going to explain to the others?

I saw them sitting at our usual place, they already started eating. Jerk. They didn’t even wait for me.

“Hey, how come you guys already start eating?” I stand beside them.

“Because you’re late and we were hungry” Yoseob answered and continue eating his food.

“Wait, where’s Seri?” Gikwang ask. She was standing behind me.

“Seri, come on. They’re my friends. You don’t have to be shy.” I face her.

“What is he talking about?” Junhyung ask the others and they gave him a shrug.

She pop her head out, making eye contact with them. Then she was staring at Junhyung.

“He’s a bad guy!” She shouted while pointing at him. Then, she hide behind my back again.

The others stars laughing at Seri’s statement.

“What was that?” Doojoon said.

“Why did she say that?” Hyunseung ask . They all started to face me.

“I can explain” I show them my palm.

 

I told them everything while Seri eats some spaghetti. She was eating it messily. She have a little sauce on her face, well not just little. It covers up half of her face.

“Why didn’t you protect her?” Doojoon scolded me while hitting my arm.

“I was busy collecting some leaves. I didn’t know” I whined as I rubbed my arm that is full of pain because of his one slap.

“Now, we have to take care of her until she turn normal.” Junhyung said

“Wait, then who will cook dinner for us now?” Hyunseung ask

“Of course we will!” Doojoon said.

“But Seri’s cooking is the best though” Yoseob pouted

“I thought that too..” Gikwang said

“Wuat aoure youw taulkieng awbout? [What are you talking about?]” Seri said with full of food. We just giggle at her face expression.

“Nothing. You’re such a messy eater.” I took a napkin and clean her face up that is full of spaghetti sauce.

“That hurt~” She crunch her face. Guess I wipe it too hard.

“Hurt? Sorry~” I said and she gave me a smile.

The others were staring at us blankly. “What?” I ask them

“I’m not used to this” Junhyung took a sip of his coke.

“Yeah, she’s so different.” Hyunseung scratches his head with confusion written all over his face.

“ I kind of like it.” Yoseob smiled and look at Seri.

“Yeah, it’s nice to know her new side.” Gikwang said

“If she’s this cheerful when she was little. Why did she change and become cold all of the sudden?” Doojoon ask

“I’m curious of that too.” I said.

Recess was nearly over and I haven’t eaten anything yet. I quickly bought a sandwich and eat my lunch.

“Seri, why did you call him a bad person just now?” Doojoon ask while pointing at Junhyung.

“Because his eyes are scary.” She said

“See? You’re scaring people!” Hyunseung hit Junhyung’s arm.

“It’s not my fault” He rubbed his arm and was about to hit Hyunseung back but stopped.

We went back to our class. Seri is not paying any attention to the lesson, she was busy drawing on her book.

As the teacher was scribbling on the board he called out for Seri, she was surprised. Who wouldn’t?

He told her to do the equation on the board, about potions. Of course she couldn’t answer it. I forgot to tell the teacher about the incident. She draw a moustache on the teacher’s face instead and run around the classroom. All of our classmates were laughing, of course some of them was looking at her weirdly.

I take her out of the classroom and talk with the teacher. Thankfully the teacher understand her situation.

She rest in the infirmary room until the school ended. Finally its home time and I will no longer take care of Seri at school and embarrassed myself. She is such an energetic kid. She hops and runs around. The only thing that will stop her is give her some candy or give her some crayons and let her colour all day long.

 

We walk back together and Seri is hoping again.

“Hyung, I’m so tired~” I whined and rest my head on Yoseob’s shoulder while walking.

“Why? Did she do something?” He ask

“She kept on hoping around and she drew a moustache on Mr Horan’s face.” I explained

“Woah~ Mr Horan have a quite temper. What was his reaction?” Gikwang ask

“He must have been pissed.” Junhyung chuckled under his breath.

“I explained to him and he understands the situation. He wasn’t that mad.” I answered.

Our conversation paused when Seri squealed. “What is it Seri?” Hyunseung ask

“Ice cream! Ice cream!” She jumped while pointing her finger to the Ice cream shop.

“We don’t have money, let’s go!! Doojoon joked and grab her hand but she refused to go.

“Ah~ I want ice cream~” She whined and sit on the floor while pulling Doojoon’s arm.

Doojoon was flustered, he hides his giggles behind his hand.

“Is she using her aegyo at me?” Doojoon ask us. We just shrug at him. [Aegyo = act cute]

We all decided to buy the ice cream before she screams or maybe cry. She skips around while eating her ice cream. It’s kind of weird to see her like this but I’m grateful to know something new about her. 

The day have passed like that and it was already night time. We all ate dinner together and as usual. Seri ate it messily. Again. This time Yoseob wipe her face for her. “Aigoo~ Why do you always eat so messily?” Yoseob said. Seri just giggled at hi statement. “Thanks Ahjushi!” She said.

[Ahjushi = Uncle]

“What? Ahjushi?” He was taken back.

“What do you expect? She thinks that she is a 5 years old girl.” Doojoon pointed out.

“Hey, I got an idea. Let’s make her call us ‘oppa’” Hyunseung suggested.

“That’s a good idea.” Doojoon snapped his fingers.

“I kind of wanted to hear her calling us that.” Gikwang smiled.

“But how do we do it?” Junhyung ask

“I got an idea.” Yoseob said and took some side dish. He’s going to feed it to Seri.

“Seri, ahhh~” He said. She did what he told her to do. But he stopped. I could tell that she was confused of his action.

“Say ‘oppa’ first” Yoseob said. So that was his idea. But Seri didn’t want to. She shook her head and pouted. “I don’t want to.”

“Why?” He ask

“Because you’re an Ahjusshi.” She pointed out.

We all tried different kind of things and she won’t call us ‘oppa’ at all. Our mission failed.

We were all getting ready to go to bed. Doojoon was planning to watch a football match but because of Seri, he couldn’t. Seri was watching some cartoon shows.

“Seri-ah, you’ve been watching that for more than 1 hour now.” Doojoon whined. “Can’t we watch something different?”

“No~” She pout.

When Seri was eating some candy, Doojoon quickly took the remote and changed the channel. He’s a bad man.

 

Of course Seri cried. She came over to Yoseob who is sitting on the couch next to Doojoon and complain about Doojoon. She was sitting on top of Yoseob’s lap and of course that shocked him

“Did he? He’s a bad man~” Yoseob pointed at him, he couldn’t care less.

“Yes, he is~” She cried and stuck her tongue out at him while saying ‘Mehrong’.

She played with Yoseob and me with my action figures that I collected. But then she fall asleep instead and so did Yoseob, I carefully carried her to her bedroom. She sleeps soundly like a baby and without hesitation, I kissed her forehead. 

Seri POV

[A/N: NOTE! She haven’t turn back to her normal self yet.]

I woke up in the middle of the night. I couldn’t go back to sleep. I change my clothes because it was uncomfortable and wore a big white shirt with leggings. I pulled my pillow from my bed and made my way to the door. The darkness scares me. Maybe that’s why I couldn’t get back to sleep.

I rubbed my eyes and pout. I lost. Surrounded by 6 bedrooms. Where to go? Without hesitation, I went to the nearest room and went inside without knocking.

It seems like Yoseob haven’t sleep yet. He was sleeping in the living room just now but then he went to sleep in his room. He was getting ready to sleep.

“Huh? Seri. What’s wrong?” He looked up at me with his big rounded eyes.

“I can’t sleep, it was scary.” I hugged my pillow tightly.

“What was scary?”

“The darkness in my room.’

He let out a soft chuckled and pat at the side of his bed.

“Come here. You can sleep with me for the night.” He said

Yoseob POV

I was about to go to sleep and I was surprised to see Seri here . I thought she was already asleep in her room after we played with action figures just now. I thought she turn back to her normal self but I guess I was wrong. She still looks fragile. The Seri I know was brave.

She walked towards me. I was sitting at the end of the bed. She stops in front of me while hugging her pillow ever so tightly.

“What’s wrong?” I ask in confusion.

“I got something to show you.” She smiled sweetly. I wonder what it is.

My eyes widen of what I saw. Feathers fallen all over the place. Is this for real? But I thought that she isn’t one of us. Any of us.

Behind her back, her wings flapped out. Which made her look like an angel. She hold her hands and a huge light was formed. White, warm light.

She was still smiling widely while showing it to me.

“I’m an angel”

                                                                                                                          

Been Writing about this chapter for quite a while. I've been itching to update this story Hehe ^^

Because Seri Is acting cute! In front of them. and the angel thingy. It's just exciting Haha XD

You can imagine Mr Horan as Niall Horan from One direction. I like him! out of all...

Oh and I have no comment about Yoseob's 'Although I' MV. I was heartbroken for the second time. Yes I still have feeling for him even though I changed my Bias to Dongwoon Kekeke :)

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. 

Comment and tell me what do you think about this chapter. Or give me some tips on how to make it more interesting! Or some tips about my english etc. Hehehe :p Bye-yeom. Will update soon~