In the past

Living in Neverland

He push me hard and I landed onto the hard ground, that is before I hit the glass table which is now broken. My left arm landed onto the broken glass and it cuts deep into my skin.

“Stop…” I sobbed. The tears I had been holding on are falling down slowly on my cheek.

“Please…just, stop…” My walls are breaking down. The mask that I have always worn was gone. My strength has drained down. I am weak.

He grabs a handful of my hair and pushes me against the cold wall.

“What did you just say?” He said every word through his gritted teeth. His right hand fully grab on my hair while his other hand was holding to my left wrist. He might break my bone because of his grip is too tight.

“Please…I’m your daughter…” I sobbed between my words. I couldn’t even get to say my word properly because the pain around my neck was still there.

“You’re not my daughter!” He took me off from the cold wall and throws me onto the ground instead.

 

“Seri! Wake up!”

My eyes wide open and the first thing I saw was Gikwang, sitting right in front of me while holding both of my wrists.

Then, I realize I was sitting up, panting hard, sweating and I am….crying?

My tears couldn’t stop, it wouldn’t. I haven’t had that nightmare for over 2 years now. Why does it come back? Why now?

Gikwang pull me closer to his chest. Automatically, I hold onto his fabric clothes and cry harder. I dig my face deeper onto his hard board chest.  Before I know it, I am crying a river.

I could feel his hand running through my hair, trying to comfort me.

I am fighting with myself, telling myself to let go of him and not to depend on him. I have to show him my strong side, I can’t show him my weak side.

Something cut my thought and that was the sound of my door opening quietly. But that didn’t stop my crying and it just makes Gikwang holding me much tighter.

“Not now...” Gikwang whisper to that someone but that didn’t stop the person coming into my room.

“What’s wrong with her?” By his voice, I know it is Junhyung.

“Just give her space.” Gikwang said softly, as if I didn’t hear their conversation.

“Maybe you should give her some space!” He raised his voice and his steps are coming closer.

I remember the words he told me.

“I couldn’t control my power.”

By that sentence, I move my face away from Gikwang’s chest.  I made sure to rub my eyes to hide the evidence of my crime tears, even though that is pointless now.

 Once I’m done, still looking down. I told them “Get out.”

Gikwang didn’t bother to make an argument with me, so he stood up and walk away but there’s one more person in this room and he didn’t budge at all. Even when Gikwang nudge him.

I could feel Junhyung gaze heating up on me but I didn’t bother to make any eye contact with him.

Once Gikwang sets his foot outside, I could hear the others asking him various questions and all of those questions have something to do with me.

The door closes, meaning there are only me and Junhyung in this room.  

“Why were you crying?” He broke the silence after so long waiting in the dark.

“Please, just leave me alone…” I squeak out.  I could hear Junhyung coming closer to me but I stop him by just facing him with my glossy red eyes.

He was worried, that’s for sure. His eyes keep moving around as if he was searching for some wound that would make me cry, but he was wrong. So wrong.

Now that he sees the pleading I have in my eyes to tell him to leave, he listen to me and walk out of the room. Giving me space.

I let out a huge, long sigh as I rub my face and let my fingers run through my hair.

I look around the room and saw a plate that is full of western food next to my bed. Must have been Gikwang that has placed my dinner. But I don’t feel like eating, I don’t have any appetite after that nightmare.

 

 

The next morning came too early and I actually thank god because today is weekend, meaning no school.

I woke up too early today. Way too early. No one was even up yet. I did my normal morning routine and here I am, in the kitchen making breakfast. Which is Pancake.

2 hours has passed and the nightmare I had last night won’t leave my thought. I remember now, my dad did say that I am not his daughter but I thought it’s because of the drug that has spread through his brain to say ridiculous stuff. That’s why I have not pay attention to his words.

But, what if my dad is true? What if I am not their daughter? Would I even search for my real parents?

I shook my head, I don’t want to think about this now. Not now, not ever.

I hugged my legs and hide my face onto my knees.

The others are still not awake yet, I couldn’t blame them. I would be sleeping right now because its weekend anyways, why would I wake up early?

I held my head up and saw the clock just above the television. Its seven thirty in the morning.

I already ate my pancake, alone. I made pancakes for the others too and I put it in the microwave and put a note on it to tell them to heat it up.

Since there is nothing to do, I stood up and was making my way to my bedroom when I saw Junhyung walked out then Doojoon, Dongwoon, Yoseob, Gikwang and Hyunseung.

How come they all wake up at once?

“Hey, are you okay?” Hyunseung spoke up. I just nodded him to answer his question and continue to walk towards my room.

“Seri, don’t you want to talk about it?” Yoseob stood in front of me. He was a bit taller than me and with that, I felt like a midget in front of him.

“No.” I was trying to avoid them but with them crowding around me, I found it hard.

“You should tell us, maybe we can help you.” Doojoon reach out for me but I was quick enough to avoid his touch. I scoff at his words. Help? Why would they help me? Even if they do help me, what would they do about it? They can’t help me, it’s all in the past anyways. What would they do? Kill my dad for abusing me?

I don’t want to say anything so I started moving. “Seri…” Junhyung was going to reach for my wrist but then, he grabs my left sleeve and pulls it. Therefore, he sees my scars, everyone saw my scars right there and then.

I can feel my eyes shot wide open, my breath was hooked and I could feel like their eyes and jaw dropped to the sight of my arm.

I pulled my arm away and quickly close my scars with my shaky hands. I didn’t want this, I never did want them to see my scars.

“What happen to your arm? Why are there so many scars?” Hyunseung voice filled the hallway. I look up at them to see their reaction and it was all the same. Sympathy. They are giving me those pity faces but I don’t want that. This is probably one of the reasons why I don’t want to tell them or even show them my past. 

“Were those scars has something to do with your nightmare?” Junhyung raise his voice as he look at me with his laser eyes. He was angry. Why was he angry?

“I…I’m n-not read-dy to tell you about my n-nightmare…” I stutter. I am scare of his look.

“Tell me!” Junhyung roared and I could feel the vibration of his voice. Quickly, the others try to hold him back by holding his shoulder. He might explode soon and they know that Junhyung can’t control his power.

“Let’s give her time. She’s not ready to tell us about it yet.” Gikwang spoke up and look straight into Junhyung eyes.

“Gikwang hyung is right, just give her time. She will tell us when she is ready, right Seri?” Dongwoon spoke up for the first time and he was looking at me but then his eyes went to my left arm. I found his gaze very uncomfortable, so I hid my arm behind my back.

I walk backwards to my room while holding down my sleeve tightly, as if it would blow away and show them my scars again.

When my back hit the solid wood, I slid the doorknob open and went inside but before I went inside my room I said to them. “I already made pancakes, it’s in the microwave. You should heat them up before you eat them.” And with that, I close the door and rest myself onto the soft duvet.

One hour. Two hours. No, three hours have passed and all I ever did was stare at the blank wall. Thinking about my past, thinking about my parents and thinking about whether I should really tell them or not.

Just like that, I spent my day locking myself in the room. One by one came into my room now and then, just to check on me but I always pretend as if I’m sleeping but at other time I pretend to act as if I’m busy.

I skip lunch and dinner. I didn’t feel like eating at all.

It started to get dark outside and thus, I fell asleep but only to see the same nightmare again.

 

 

Taking his belt off, he swing it and the belt landed on my back.

Hitting my back repeatedly until I couldn’t feel my back bone any longer.

This is not my dad, its just the drug has gotten into his head. This is not him.

Those words were repeating in my head. Forcing myself to believe that this is not the real him.

I couldn’t blame him for my scars and bruises, even though he was the cause of these.

Blood dripping down, warming my cold skin.

“Just let me die…” Those words. I have been saying those words every single night.

“Just let me die…”

“Just let me die…”

“No one loves me, I am unwanted…Just let me die…”

 

“Seri, open your eyes! Please!” This time it is Dongwoon who is sitting right across me. Holding both of my cheeks with his warm hands. I am crying again. I hate myself for that, but somehow I couldn’t stop my tears. Just like last night.

Dongwoon was worried, his eyes says it all.

“You’ve been repeating those words for more than 5 minutes now.” He said breathlessly.

I tried to stop my tears and ask him a question. I up a whole lot of air and open my mouth to start talking.

“W-what words?” I ask through my shaky lips.

“Saying that you wanted to die..” He said slowly.

By then I realize that I was most probably sleep talking because that’s what I said in my nightmare.

Making my eyes look at the little clock beside me, I notice that it was three in the morning.

He must have heard my sleep talking – well, his bedroom is just next to mine, maybe that is why he is in my room. Trying to calm me down.

“She still have those nightmare?” Doojoon was leaning against the door frame. His eyes were half open and before you know it, everyone was standing outside. Looking at me curiously.

“You have to tell us, I think that nightmare would hunt you forever…” Hyunseung spoke up with his arm cross. He was dead serious.

“Do I have any other options?” With a crooked smile I look at them. Curiosity and sympathy was all I saw.

“No.” Junhyung stated. His eyes were cold, with his messy hair and arm crossed. I could see that he was also worried about me. That, I haven’t seen for a while. No one ever worries about me before.

“You can tell us when you’re ready.” Gikwang spoke up, giving me his popular eye smile make me all warm inside.

“We don’t mind, we can wait.” This time it was Yoseob, he is trying to make me feel comfortable. This time, I knew I can trust them. I knew that they can see my future without judging me. After all, they all saw my scars, yet they didn’t say anything negative.

After thinking for what seems like forever, I made my decision but before that…

“Promise me that you guys won’t do anything because this is the past and it’s just history.” I need them to promise me that. You never know, they might go back to the past and change everything.

They are wizards – except for Junhyung of course.

“Wh-“ Junhyung was up for an argument but before he did that, Doojoon cut him off.

“We promise.” He give me his words and I started to take a deep breath and let it out slowly.

Dongwoon rest his hand on my and rub his thumb on my hand, circling around. I look at him and he was giving me a warm smile. He was trying to calm down my pressure and nervousness. God, this guy is too good for me.

I return the smile and before saying anything, I look at them all.

“It was late at night…”

 

The clocks hits the number twelve, my parents are nowhere to be seen around the house. But I was used to it, to this silence that filled the room. I mean, I have always been alone. Sometimes I enjoy it because the silence comforts me and I don’t have to hear people yelling at each other all the time. But at other time, well…I felt lonely, simple as that.

The door clicks and I’m guessing one of my parents is home. I quietly open my door and walk out of my bedroom. Only to see my dad walking half-consciously to the couch. He was drunk, and when he is drunk, you shouldn’t get close to him but being me I ignore that option.

I walk towards him and shook his shoulder to wake him up. “Dad, go to your room and rest there.” I said softly not wanting to tear his ear drums.

Then, the unexpected happen.

His eyes shot open when I have finished my sentence. His eyes were bloodshot red and he is beyond angry. His hand found its way to my neck and he grips them tightly. I could feel my trachea tighten. My hands trying to take his hand away from my neck, I’m trying my best to break free.

“Don’t tell me what to do!” He roared and his voice echoes through the whole house.

He push me hard and I landed onto the hard ground, that is before I hit the glass table that is now broken. My left arm landed onto the broken glass and it cuts deep into my skin.

This wasn’t new to me. I have seen my dad like this before, but my mum hasn’t seen him like this. Not even once. Well, I don’t blame her though. She has been busy with her job, like always.

But this is actually the first time he would hit me this hard, on the other night, he would just hit me once.

I tried to hold back my tears, even though the pain on my left arm was very hard to ignore.

I could hear footsteps coming closer and closer from behind.

I hesitantly look behind and when I did, he slaps me across my face. I bet my right cheek is red now.

Taking his belt off, he swing it and the belt landed on my back.

I couldn’t scream for help, I couldn’t even yelp. But it’s not because I couldn’t, it’s because I wouldn’t. I refuse to, I refuse to show him I’m weak. That would just make him hit me more.

I don’t know how minutes or hours pass, but the hitting hasn’t stop yet. My dad is angry, and he is letting it out on me and that is by abusing me. I couldn’t hold it in any longer. It hurts too much.

“Stop…” I sobbed. The tears I had been holding on are falling down slowly on my cheek.

“No! You listen to me!” He let out a bark as he continues on abusing me.

“Please…just, stop…” My walls are breaking down. The mask that I have always worn was gone. My strength has drained down. I am weak.

He grabs a handful of my hair and pushes me against the cold wall.

“What did you just say?” He said every word through his gritted teeth. His right hand fully grab on my hair while his other hand was holding to my left wrist. He might break my bone because of his grip is too tight.

“Please…I’m your daughter…” I sobbed between my words. I couldn’t even get to say my word properly because the pain around my neck was still there.

“You’re not my daughter!” He took me off from the cold wall and throws me onto the ground instead.

His words were replaying in my head. What does he mean by that?

He was about to hit me again but this time he stop and hold on tightly to his forehead. Guess the alcohol is hitting him and the next thing you know, he pass out.

The worst thing was, he doesn’t even remember about those incidents.

 

“You’re actually related to that monster?!” Junhyung voice filled my room. I could feel the vibrate went under my skin and it sent shivers down my spine.

“Junhyung, calm down. The neighbours might hear you.” Doojoon warned him but it wasn’t working.

His knuckles were turning white by his grip. I could see his eyes were shooting lasers.

“Junhyung.” Hyunseung call him with a calm voice, trying to calm him.

I guess his power is really dangerous.

Junhyung groaned and his hand started to build up fire. My eyes went wide at his hand, doesn’t that hurt? Is that his power?

Everyone was calling out for him. Doojoon trying to talk him out, giving instructions to calm himself.

I got up from my bed and walking towards him. Dongwoon grab my wrist, stopping me from getting nearer.

“Don’t. He will hurt you.” The pleading in his eyes almost made me feel like following his orders. But my heart is too stubborn, it is telling me go and try to calm Junhyung down. I can’t just depend on others.

“It’s okay. He promise me that he won’t hurt me.” I gave Dongwoon a reassure smile, telling him that is okay.

That’s right, Junhyung promise that he won’t hurt me. I should trust him right?

Slipping away from Dongwoon’s grip. I made myself closer to Junhyung.

Once, I’m right in front of him. I could see that he was fighting back with his inner self, with his eyes shut tight.

Slowly, my hands made its way too his face. Cupping his face. Junhyung eyes went wide open and I could feel that he flinch at our distance.

“Calm down.” With those words, he did. The fire back down, his body relaxes.

His eyes close for a brief second and his hands were holding onto mine, still cupping his face.

When his eyes open back, he ask me.

“Why didn’t you tell your mother?”

“I did.” I admitted, feeling the others eyes on me. I could tell that they are confuse.

“Then, she didn’t do anything?” Junhyung ask between his gritted teeth. His hand tighten on mine and I try my best not to show him that it actually hurts.

“She didn’t believe me.”

That just make things worse. Junhyung’s eyes went back to black, emotionless. His grip on my hand tighten. Shutting his eyes again, he try not to overreact.

“Why didn’t you show her your scars?”

“I didn’t want to break them up. I would feel guilty for the rest of my life if I did that.”

My parents love each other, even after all those invalid arguments. I could see that they love each other sincerely. If they hate each other so much, why didn’t they divorce after all those years?

When I wanted to tell my mum about what dad did, I just want her to take me away from him. To keep our distance or just send me to my grandparent’s.

I never did want them to divorce. Besides, dad doesn’t even remember about that night.

 

A week has pass ever since I told them my past. Of course, they gave me their sympathy look but what can I do? I know that they were worried about me and by telling them my past lift up a huge weight off my shoulder.

I had gotten close with Dongwoon over the week. He teach me spells that I had missed, although I didn’t get it in the first place but after a lot of practice I have finally mastered it.

When I was in my room, arranging my desk that is full of books. Yoseob walk in, resting his back on  the door frame.

“Hey,” He greeted, giving me a smile but it didn’t reach his eyes. I wonder what’s wrong.

“Hey,” I mirrored him. Sitting on my bed, I pat my duvet. Sending him signals to sit next to me and he did.

“Look, about your past…”

“It’s already history, I don’t care about that now.” My eyes roaming around my room, I didn’t want to look at his reaction and I know that he is staring at me right now. I could feel his gaze digging holes onto my sides.

“I just want to make sure that you’re okay, after telling us.” He patted my back sending me waves on my stomach. I turn to look at him and he just gave me a god-like smile.

What did I do to deserve these guys in my life?

“Thanks. I actually feel better after telling you guys about it.” I return the smile and suddenly his face drop. His eyes went from my eyes and to my lips.

“You look beautiful when you smile.” He stare back at me, only to see me blush at his compliment. “You’re blushing!? Wow, unbelievable. I never seen you blush before.” He took a closer look at me. Pinching my cheeks and I tried to shrug him off.

“I’m n-not!” I smacked his hands away but he kept on pinching my cheeks which quite hurtful.

And because of this, it started as a chasing game.

“Stay away from me!” I shouted across the hallway, and went to the living room.

“No way! I want to see you blush, its cute.” He shouted back and ran after me. 

“It is not! Stop saying that!” I retorted. Seeing Junhyung with a shocking face, I hide behind him.

“What’s goi-“ Junhyung was cut off from Yoseob words.

“You’re saying that because you’re embarrassed.” Yoseob sang his words and tried to get me behind Junhyung.

“Whats goin-“ Junhyung was once cut off again but this time it was by my words.

“No! It’s because it’s not true!” I stuck my tongue out at Yoseob and hide behind Junhyung back again.

“How would you know? You-“ Junhyung cut Yoseob and ask us both.

“What’s going on?! Mind telling me so I won’t be left out?” His voice was confuse and his face was devastated, probably because being in between me and Yoseob is not a good idea, because all he would hear is our words tearing his ear drum.

“Hyung, just now she blush because I said that she’s beautiful when she smile.” Yoseob retorted, nudging Junhyung and trying to convince him to make me blush again.

I knew he persuade Junhyung, because an evil smirk that I know so well is forming on his face.

I spent all day with these guys, trying to make me blush again.

Hyunseung is kind enough not to help them out. All he did was listening to music.

Gikwang, Doojoon and Dongwoon on the other hand, well they went on their side.

I did my best to not blush but hey, I can’t control my cheeks beside I don’t even know if I’m blushing or mad.

Dongwoon took a picture of my red, blush face. While the other, either laugh or poke my cheeks.

They actually make me feel better and for once, I didn’t regret on coming here and that’s all thanks to Yoseob for being such a nosy, stubborn person. If it weren’t for him, I would have still been at hell then. He have no idea how thankful I am towards him.

 

 

Yoseob has agreed on accompany me to the school office to filled a form sheet since Dongwoon is busy talking  with the teacher, something about spells I guess.

Dongwoon had already told me where’s Yoseob class is, although I didn’t find it at first after a good 30 minutes roaming around the school like a lost sheep, I finally found his class.

It’s already recess so most of the students are not in the class. I was searching for Yoseob and when I thought that he’s not here, I was about to turn my heels and walk away but that voice stop me.

“You have to add this potion first into the tube, put a little carbon and it will change to purple…and then,”

I turn and saw a familiar guy, sitting in the middle with girls surrounding him all over. Listening to his words carefully. It was Yoseob, of course.

He’s popular with girls and smart.

I decide to wait for him, I’m not in the rush anyways. I rest my back on the door, looking at him with curios eyes.

“Thanks Yoseob.” She smile brightly at him and went back to her seat to study but before she do that, a guy with a smug smirk stood in front of him. By his look, he would probably be the gangster in this class?

“Hanbyul, why didn’t you ask me instead of that guy? I’m way more smarter than him.” He nodded his head towards Yoseob with a disgust face. Why does he have a huge urge on Yoseob?

“H-he can explain better.” The girl, Hanbyul id obviously scared of the guy. Who wouldn’t? With his messes up hair and untidy shirt, I would have been scared if I saw his image.

Good thing this school doesn’t have a school uniform. I think he would have look worse if he wear one of the school uniform.

Crossing my arms, I decided to see this drama.

“Are you serious?” He started down at Hanbyul and all she did was look at her feet and jelly legs. With her soft voice, which is hard to hear. She answer “yes.”

He scoff and look elsewhere before looking down at Hanbyul again. “Yah, look at me when you speak.” He raises his voice but it wasn’t that loud. His hand hold a grip on Hanbyul’s wrist.

“Let her go.” Yoseob said rather calmly and he stood up with his hand scratching his head. He wasn’t worried or scared of him at all.

The guy did, and he came closer to Yoseob who is now a feet away from him.

“What?” He whispered to Yoseob and when I look around, Hanbyul was no longer in the room. Coward.

“Stop being such a jerk, Jiseol.” Yoseob was fed up with his attitude and he look at, Jiseol with an unimpressed face.

“Don’t tell me what to do, half-human.” Jiseol scoff before walking out of the class. For a gangster, its quite surprise that he didn’t fight with Yoseob.

Now, let me rewind what he just said.

 

“Don’t tell me what to do, half-human.”

 

My eyes were about to jump out of my brain for a minute there when my brain finally receive that message. I was in disbelieve. Did I just heard him correctly or is my ears/brain playing with me?

Half human?

Yoseob is half-human?!

                                                                                                                                            

I didnt give a shoutout for these two lovely upvoters on my last chapter. Sorry~

Thank you  monokuro3582 & secret-lover for upvoting this crappy story. i am not really satisfied with this story.

It seems like my english is bad~ >.<

Sorry for teasing you guys with another confusion at the the end of this chapter Hahaha x) 

Told you guys that I have many more exciting mysteries on the way. 

You're just at the first step :)

Have you guys watch 'I'm Sorry' MV yet?! I havent watch it yet, I'm afraid that I would cry later on T^T 

B2ST is actually my fantasy world :) They let me escape from hell (reality)

I actually made a song of my feelings towards B2ST and I wanted to share the lyrics with you guys. That is if you want to :/ Comment below!

Thanks for reading! Stay tune for my next chapter! 

Bye beuties~