On rainy days....

Living in Neverland

 

Hyunseung grabbed my hand and he run with all his might. I could feel the wind blowing past me. I was scared to look behind, to look at the monster who was chasing us. The vampire.

We ran and ran but we couldn’t lose him, he was still following us. Chasing for blood.

“This is tiring” Hyunseung said and he turned around. He showed his hand towards the vampire and said “eobsdagun!” A huge light came out from his palm and it blow the vampire away with its light. “Come on!” Hyunseung turned around to me and we continue running. We run to the corner and quickly went into one of the room. It was kind of like a basement. It was cold.

“We should wait here for a while” Hyunseung locked the door and puts his ear on the door to listen the vampire footsteps. He seems like a bodyguard.

I sit in the corner and hugged my legs. It’s cold in here. Is there some kind of air conditioner in here? I looked around and I was right, there was an air conditioner in here. Where’s the switch to turn it off? I scanned the walls and I cannot find any switch.

Hyunseung notice my shivers. He came closer and ask me if I was alright.

“I’m fine, don’t worry” I said, stubbornly.

“You’re not, you’re shivering” He said. He wasn’t wearing any jacket, so what’s the point saying that I’m cold when I know  that he won’t make it less cold in here.

He was searching for the switch to turn the air conditioner off but of course he failed. “Aish, where’s the switch?~” He whined

“I couldn’t find it either” I said and let out a deep sigh. “Anyway, what happen back there? How did he know that I was a human?” I ask him curiously.

“He was a vampire and a vampire can smell our scent, actually all kinds of monster can smell our scent” Hyunseung explained

“Then, he found out that I was human by smelling me?” I ask him

“Yes, but since you live with us our scent kind of mixed with yours and that made some people to think that you are actually a witch.” He explains

“That’s dangerous then..” I said

“Vampires can also smell our blood, maybe that’s why he can tell that you are exactly a human from earth” He continues

“If there’s a vampire here, what do they eat? Do they eat your blood too?” I ask

“Well, they say that human blood is fresher than ours. They don’t our blood because our blood Is sort of similar like them. Get it? And they don’t eat each other’s blood. So they eat animals blood instead.” He explain with every single details which made it kind of easy for me to understand.

“I see” I started to rubbed my hands together to form some warmth.

“We should get out of here before we freeze to death” He joked.

We were about to go out but the door knob clicked, luckily Hyunseung locked the door before. The door knob were moving and we tried hard not to make any sound.

But I was about to sneeze, Hyunseung quickly grabbed me and bring me closer to his chest. I was surprised of his action, I’m not worrying about the vampire. I’m worrying that maybe Hyunseung can hear how fast my heart is beating right now.

The door knob stopped moving and we believe that the vampire was gone. We popped our head out from the door and looked around. The hallway was clear. We search for the exit and luckily we find it and the weather was not so good. It was raining. Heavily.

“Let’s search for shelter” Hyunseung suggested. Once we were outside of a small closed shop, we stand under the roof.

“We should call the others” I said

He took out his phone and was about to call one of them but, his phone was dead. Low battery. I looked at him in disbelief. Talk about bad luck. First we have been chased by s crazy vampire, then the bad weather and now dead phone?

“Here use my phone. Do you remember any of their number?” I ask him while handing him my phone.

“Urm, no. I don’t remember” He said while smiling sheepishly at me.  I put my phone back into my pocket while letting out a deep sigh.

“But I have a spare key, we can go home if you want.” He said while showing me the spare key.

“Sure” I stepped out of the path which was under the roof. Suddenly, someone ran and he bumped into me and I fell onto the floor. He didn’t even apologise. Now, I’m soaking wet.

Hyunseung was going to help me get up but he notice something and he quickly turned around.

“Why? What is it?” I ask, still on the floor. It seems like my ankle is hurt. That guy pushed me hard.

“Your- your shirt..” He stuttered

“Hurm?” I looked at my shirt and it can see trough. I quickly cover myself with my hands. Did he saw it?

I had trouble while getting up. Hyunseung squatted down while showing me his back.

“Get on my back, you’re injured right?” He ask

“No, I’m fine” I said trying to walk.

“Then, you want some erts to see your bra?” He ask which made me changed my mind. I walked slowly back to him and back hug him. I put my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. Slowly by slowly he got up and piggy back me.

He was carrying me in the rain, I’m afraid that we might have fever soon so I told him to stop by at the convenience store to buy an umbrella but he rejects.

“If I get sick, it’s your responsible” I warned him.

“*chuckled* Well, if I get sick it’s your fault.” He said

“Why is it my fault?” I ask him.

“Because I’m carrying you” He says in the matter of a fact tone.

“It’s not because I wanted to anyways, you’re the one who make me go onto your back”

“Says the girl with a sprained ankle” He chuckled. The rain slowly stopped and the sunshine is seen again.

We have arrive at the apartment and it’s seem that the others is already there. Yoseob kept walking back and forth and when he heard the door clicked, he started to face us. Surprised. “Oh! You’re back!” Gikwang cheered. Everyone started to surround us, Hyunseung was trying to take off his shoes, without using his hands since he is still carrying me.

“Hey, Yoseob. Can you take off Seri’s shoes?” Hyunseung ask when he finally take off his shoes. Yoseob just followed his orders. I told Hyunseung many times that I can do it by myself, but he always reject. When Yoseob was taking off my shoe, I felt like a princess. Cinderella.

Hyunseung then slowly putting me down on the sofa. “What actually happen? We couldn’t contact you at all.” Doojoon ask once everything was settle down.

“Seri injured her ankle when someone accidently bumped into her” Hyunseung explained. Not fully explained. He didn’t even say anything about the vampire who nearly eat my blood!

“And you carry her all the way here? Soaking wet?” Junhyung raised his eyebrow. He was holding a can of coke on his hand.

“Actually- *sneeze*” I hold my nose, not trying to make an ugly face while sneezing.

“You catch a cold!” Dongwoon ran next to me while handing me a tissue.

“Seri, you should take a shower and change your clothes. You too Hyunseung” Yoseob tap on Hyunseung shoulder. I just stood up and made my way to my room.

I took a nice hot shower and wear some clean clothes on. My stomach started to growl and it seems that it is already dinner time.

I went to the living room, where I see the others watching TV absorbedly.

“Hey Seri, are you okay? Do feel dizzy or anything?” Dongwoon stood up from his seat and walked closely to me.

“I’m okay” I said

“Good, because Hyunseung catch a cold. He’s resting in his room right now” Dongwoon sighed.

“We should made some porridge for him” Doojoon stood up and made his way to the kitchen. I follows him and so did Dongwoon. Which left only Gikwang, Yoseob and Junhyung at the living room.

Dongwoon help me cut the vegetables, making dinner. While Doojoon is making porridge for Hyunseung. 

“Seri, could you go and give this to Hyunseung? I will help with Dongwoon” Doojoon said. I just follow his orders. I opened Hyunseung door slowly with my knee and elbow.

He was resting on the bed, a wet towel was on his forehead and he was breathing very hard. He was sweating, I guess this is serious. I placed the porridge next to his bed.

“Hyunseung-shi, you need to eat this porridge before you eat your medicine” I nudge him, trying to wake him up.

“okay” He was already awake, he slowly sit up. He look pale. The towel fall off from his forehead. I placed the porridge on his lap and let him feed himself. I took the towel and squish the water out into the bucket. While I was doing that, I notice his hand was trembling as he was trying to feed himself, I felt annoyed. Why can’t he just feed himself? Do I have to do that too? 

I put the towel aside and went next by his side. “Let me do it” I grabbed the spoon from him, I could tell that he was surprised of my action. I decided to ignore that.

I blow the porridge, trying to cool it down. “Here” I said as I placed the spoon in front of his mouth. He hesitate at first but accept my offer when I look at him.

I started to feed him until all of the porridge finish, now it’s time for medicine.

“Thank you” He said. I just nod.  I gave him his medicine and let him drink a glass of water. After having his medicine, he slowly lie back on his bed.

“It’s your fault that I’m sick” He joked

“What? Are you even up for an argument” I raised my eyebrow.

“*chuckled* Just joking. I’m glad you didn’t got sick” He smiled at me. I sort of felt bad. Well, he carried me all the way here and he got sick.

“How’s your leg?” He ask

“*points* It’s fine now. Dongwoon threaten me.” I said while pointing at my ankle.

“I’m glad *cough*” His cough was bad.

I quickly gave him a glass of water and he drink it. After a while I tied patting his back.

“Are you okay?” I ask

“I’m fine, don’t worry.” He passed the glass back. “Rest” I said and help him lie back on the bed. I squish the towel from the water bucket and coolly place it on his forehead. I hope he get well soon.

I got out from his room and it seems like the others have already eaten. Yoseob notice me and quickly put down his chopsticks

“I told them to wait for you but they were too hungry” He explain while putting his hand up as if I was going to shoot him.

“Just eat” I said and sit next to Dongwoon

“How’s Hyunseung?” Junhyung ask

“He have a bad cough, now he’s just resting so don’t wake him up.” I said and slowly start to eat my rice.

“What happen by the way?” Doojoon ask

“What do you mean?” I titled my head.

“How were we separated?” Gikwang ask

“Don’t you remember? It’s because Dongwoon and Yoseob were scared of those zombies who were lazily crawling on the ground.” I explained. Yoseob and Dongwoon nearly choked on their food. Junhyung were just secretly laughing under his breath.

“It’s not my fault” Yoseob mumbled.

“I know it’s not” I said and continue eating my food.

“When we came out, we didn’t find you guys. Where did you go?” Dongwoon ask. Then I recall when the vampire was chasing after me and Hyunseung. It’s best if they don’t know about it right?

“Nothing, we just got lost” I lied.

“I see” Doojoon said

The next day has come and Hyunseung is still resting in his room. Since Hyunseung is sick, I thought that I should clean the place up.

It’s a mess. I started to clean the room, kitchen, laundry etc.

I spent the whole day cleaning. Of course they helped me, but not so much.

At night I was sitting next to Junhyung while hugging a pillow. I was watching TV with him but after a busy day today, I felt tired. I tilt my head and was nearly falling but Junhyung grabbed my head and let me rest on his lap.

“Don’t work so hard, we can take care of ourselves” He said.

I didn’t know that he was kind. His cold eyes always tell me that he’s trouble but it turns out that he is the opposite of that.

I fall asleep on his comfortable lap.

                                                                                                                                  

Sorry for not updating for quite a while. Was busy with school etc.

So mannyyy homeworks! >.<

I will update when I have time. I hope I dont lose any readers / subscribers. T_T

Bye-yeom! Need to do my homework now. Urrgghhh~ My LIFE!