Finally, you let me go

Essence of Loving

 

 

A/N Sorry if I failed to update daily for these past four days, I think, because I wrote the sequel of my one-shot Broken Vow. I just finished this afternoon and the only thing left for me is to check my grammar and make a poster.

 

So anyways, here’s chapter nine. Hope you ‘enjoy’ the update and don’t hate me for what will happen lol. Thanks!

 

***

 

Chapter IX: Finally, you let me go

 

The day came when Hyo Joo and Jaejoong will go back to their homeland and it was dreadful for Boa especially now that things became so tangled and the fact that she doesn’t know how to escape, make her feel insecure.

 

“Bear, you want to come?” Yunho asked her to accompany him to say his goodbye to his friends but she declined. “I’ll be going then” He was disappointed but let it pass as he drove away to the hotel where the two were staying.

 

Her phone rang and when she picked it up, she was unable to move from her place when she heard that familiar voice. “Can we meet? It will be the last before I go back home”

 

She closed her phone after she agreed to him but still unsure to go or not. She thought that it must be a wrong move but when the idea came that they need to settle their issue, she was willing to go.

 

“Ma, take care of the shop. I'll be back later” She told her mother before going out of the boutique. She walked all the way to the quiet part of the park and saw him there, sitting on a bench with head hung low. She approached him and he stood up upon seeing her.

 

“I’m glad you came” Jaejoong smiled but frowned next when she destroyed his happy mood.

 

“I only came here to talk about us. I’m giving you two options, let’s forget each other or we remain as friends” Boa told him with a straight face but honestly, she was hiding her true feelings.

 

“I refused” He replied and took a step towards her.

 

“Jaejoong, can’t you see? We’re not made for each other” She retaliated as she got teary eyed. She thought that his stubbornness is one of the reasons why they’re still in this stage and can’t move on.

 

“What about my feelings? Don’t say we’re not right for each other, because the way I see it, we’re not meant for anyone else” By this time, she was sniffling when she heard his words. It really made a great impact on her.

 

“It’s not the same anymore. We have different lives now. Forget about me and I’ll do the same. Just…just let go of me already… Please, I don’t want to hurt him. You’re making this difficult for me. It’s better if we just go on with our separate lives” She said, still in denial, as he’s already in front of her, holding her arms.

 

“You know what’s difficult? It’s when you know inside your heart that you love that person so much but you run out of reasons to fight for what you feel. You’re not the only one who’s confused. I don’t want to hurt her either but I don’t want to lose you…I don’t want to lose you for the second time. I don’t want to believe you. Boa, I can stop the wedding then…” He told her his idea and it surely made her angry.

 

 “No! Stop with this already. I’ve had enough, Jae. I’m engaged, you’re engaged. Let’s deal with our own lives” She turned her back at him and started to walk away.

 

“Are you happy?” He uttered in a loud voice and it made her stop walking farther from him. What he said totally hit her hard. She then felt his warmth when he embraced her from the back. “Boa, please…don’t hide from the truth. I can tell that you love me and you know that I’m still in love with you”

 

She pushed his arms and turned to face him. “Why don’t you get it? It’s different now. I don’t want to mingle in your life anymore. Everything is over. Everything is over for us”

 

He held her arms and talked back at her. “Why are you like this? How can you just throw away my feelings? Is it not important? Is this what you want? For me to suffer?!”  His hold became tighter and she can feel the pain, both physically and emotionally. “Are you satisfied now?! Then be it! I don’t care anymore! All along I’m hoping that we can be together but you’re always pushing me away. Then fine, I get it. I’ll leave you. I won’t bother you anymore! I wish for your happiness with your fiancé! You’re such a selfish girl who only thinks about your happiness. I’m a fool to even love you in the first place!” It was his turn to walk away after he said those hurtful words. He reached his limits and wasn’t able to control his anger anymore. He slammed the door of his car and soon drove off.

 

Boa stood there, crying all alone. Every harsh word he said really wounded her. She never saw him like that. She was trembling in fear. His words kept repeating in her mind and the look in his eyes was something that cannot be neglected. If only he knows that she was lying the whole time. Is there even a possibility that he can forgive her?

 

She thought that she should have told him the truth but if she did that, two people will be hurt.

 

“Finally, you let me go…but why does it hurt so much?”