You are near but yet so far away

Essence of Loving

 

 

Chapter V: You are near but yet so far away

 

The next day, the shop was close and Yunho is having a great day ahead of him because he’s on a date with his girlfriend. They walked around the park, watched some movie and enjoyed each other’s company - pretty much normal for lovers.

 

They stayed at a nearby lake and sat peacefully on the sand. Boa was hesitant to come since it just reminded her of the past, and it didn’t help her to forget him at all.

 

“I already booked a flight to Korea” Yunho said all of a sudden and she turned to face him. “We’ll be attending my friend’s wedding”

 

“Should I need to come?” Boa asked, as she felt insecure. There’s a probability that they can meet, and she doesn’t know what to do next if that happen.

 

“Why?” He asked as he became intrigued. “Whenever I say that place, your expression changes”

 

Boa then took a deep breath before confessing. “To be honest, I don’t want to go there. I’m scared to go back”

 

“Why?” He asked seriously and at the same time, is worried about her but she shook her head. She hugged her legs and rested her chin on her knees. She wanted to say the truth but something kept on pulling her not to. “Tell me Boa. I want to know”

 

She sighed and came to a decision to tell him. She thought that if she did that, the pain she’s carrying will lessen, if not much, at least a little bit.

 

“I loved a guy before” She started and his eyes widen. “He told me he loves me but…but he also loves someone else” She covered her face with her hands, urging not to cry. “That’s why I went here, to forget about him”

 

“Who’s that guy? He’ll pay” Yunho cracked his knuckles and gritted his teeth. He’s totally mad at what he heard and she shook her head once more. He pulled her in an embrace and that’s where she started to sob.

 

He didn’t know why but he suddenly remembered what his friend told him yesterday.

‘I tried to explain but she didn’t want to hear it. I already confessed to her, but to my luck, she rejected me’

 

*

 

Later that afternoon. Boa’s mom bought groceries and was about to exit the supermarket when she collided with someone. She accidentally let go of the grocery bags and soon became shocked when she saw him. The man her daughter loves.

 

“Auntie..” Jaejoong uttered while Boa’s mom quickly got her stuff and walked away but he caught up with her. “Auntie…where’s Boa?”

 

“I’m sorry Jaejoong, but it’s not the time yet” She called for a cab while Jaejoong pleaded. “I’m sorry” She got in the car and drove off, leaving him alone.

 

He went back to their suite and was greeted by Hyo Joo but when he saw a vase near him, he threw it hard on the ground.

 

“J-Jae, what happened?” She asked and was scared. He glared at her then went to the bedroom and slammed the door. She walked towards the door and slowly opened it. She saw him sitting on the bed, looking down.

 

“Jae? What’s wrong?” She approached and her voice was shaky.

 

“Nothing” He said but she was not convinced. “Don’t lie Jae. If not, why did you break the vase? What happened to you? Tell me. I don’t want to see you like this”

 

“Shut up okay! Just shut up!” Jaejoong grew annoyed as he was unable to control his self. He took a glance at her and saw Hyo Joo trembling. “Sorry” He hugged her. “Go to sleep now hun, I’ll just go take some fresh air” She agreed, still feeling scared after his sudden outburst.

 

He walked at the side of the street and called Yunho. He wanted to drink after that meet up with her mom and wanted to forget that it didn’t happen.

 

“Hello” Boa picked up Yunho’s phone and Jaejoong was astonished.

 

“Boa” He said in a low voice but the next words he heard was from his friend. “Yo, what’s up?”

 

Jaejoong shook the thought off. There’s no way it’s her, he thought. “Are you free tonight? Let’s drink” Yunho agreed, telling him to come to the shop and gave him the direction.

 

When he arrived at the location, he was surprised that it was the boutique they went to before. He called Yunho once again, telling him he’s outside then the latter opened the door of the shop and let him in the living room. The room next to the shop.

 

“My girlfriend doesn’t want me to drink beer” Yunho said as he placed a bottle of wine and two glasses on the table.

 

“You’re not enjoying your life then” Jaejoong laughed and poured the wine in his glass but Yunho disagreed, saying that he really loves her. “Where is she by the way?” The guest asked and Yunho replied that she’s sleeping.

 

Jaejoong smirked afterwards. “You’re not married yet but you’re living in the same roof. You’ve got guts man. I won’t be shock if you’re sleeping on the same bed”

 

Yunho’s jaw dropped and completely denied it. “Stop kidding around. Her mom insisted me to stay here. And mind you, I’m sleeping in the guest’s room. Look who’s talking”

 

“Yeah, yeah, if that’s what you want to say” Jaejoong rolled his eyes and laughed when he saw Yunho blushing.

 

“So what’s the matter? You suddenly called” Yunho changed the subject and saw Jaejoong frowned.

 

“Remember the girl I talked about yesterday?” He started and Yunho sat down on the chair. “I saw her mom a while ago”

 

“What’s with the look? You’ll be able to see her” Yunho asked as Jaejoong rested his back on the backrest of the chair and looked up at the ceiling. “Her mom told me it’s not the time yet. What does that mean? I’m confused, really confused”

 

They talked for an hour about his love problem, that he was torn between his first love and his fiancée. And when they finished two bottles of wine, Jaejoong decided to go home. Yunho asked to give him a ride, but he declined.

 

Boa’s mom looked terrified when she saw Jaejoong was the guy Yunho was talking to. She’s having second thought to say that to her daughter but it’s complicated. Yunho saw her when he entered the shop and asked what she’s doing there.  

 

“I..I just forgot something. Good night Yunho” She hurriedly went to her room but still having that thought.

 

Jaejoong decided to walk instead of riding a cab as the shops were closing one by one. He suddenly stopped when something caught his attention and went closer. He saw at the glass window the violin display and it made him remember the first time he played it.

 

Flashback

 

“Hey Jae, want to learn how to play this?” Boa asked while he was sitting on the floor of the music room. “No thanks” He replied and she pouted. “C’mon, it’s not that hard” She held his hand and pulled him up but he sat down on the chair near the piano. “Don’t wanna”

 

“Stand up or I’ll hit you with this bow” She threatened and he instantly stood up. “That’s my guy” She pinched his cheeks and he stiffened a bit. “Here” She let him hold the violin and assisted him in positioning the instrument and the way the bow should be held. “Now make a sound”

 

Once Jaejoong tried to play, he made a screeching sound and Boa laughed at him. “Hey it’s not funny” He put down the violin and smirked as he started tickling her.

 

Flashback

 

He sighed deeply and continued walking. He doesn’t know what to do anymore. He promised himself before that he will forget about her but now that he knows she’s just around the corner, a part of him wanted to see her but she’s still so far from him.

 

“I’m going crazy about you, Boa”