One Last Cry

Essence of Loving

 

Chapter XVI: One Last Cry

 

“Why are you here?”

 

She was confounded at what he asked when she thought that he knows why he came there with the help of Yunho. She slowly walked to his direction, shaking with worry as she started to talk. “J-Jaejoong…I have something to tell you…”

 

“I don’t want to hear it. There’s nothing to talk about” He said with a slight of arrogance in his voice then walked pass her while her eyes followed him. She blamed herself for the reason that he wouldn’t be acting like this or saying those words if it wasn’t for her.

 

“I know I’ve hurt you. I’m sorry” She said when she realized that he’s leaving. “Call me stupid, fool, bastard or you can even hit me. I deserve all of that” He stopped on his track and she was relieved, but not knowing that it won’t be that long.

 

“Why did you come here? I thought you don’t want to see me” He curiously asked, his back still facing her.

 

“I admit I’m wrong. I thought…I thought I can handle living with lies but I can’t…I just can’t” She was holding back her tears as she began her confession. “How much I tried to keep it…How many times I told you to go away, I’m deceiving myself…because until now, I still…I still love you”

 

Her words were like bullets that shot him straight in the heart and made him felt dying with the impact it gave to him. He faced her and went closer to her as he held her arms, gripping it tight. “Why? Why are you saying this now?!”

 

“I’m sorry…I’m sorry” She kept on apologizing when she lunged forward and hugged him as she let her tears to fall down from her eyes while he was trembling with anger as he clenched his fists.

 

She looked up to him, only to see his cold look, and walked a step backward, wiping her tears away before she continued. “I thought it’s for the best…but I realized that the thing I should have done a long time ago is telling you that…that I love you. I've loved you from the first time I saw you

 

The next moment, it was pure silence for the two of them, only the sound of the waves was the only thing they heard while both stared with each other until he broke it. His head hung low and she was waiting nervously for his answer.

 

She felt a bit of hope showered her when he looked up to her with a warm smile. He then pulled her in an embrace as they stayed like that for a while.

 

“Thank you” He uttered and she felt so much delighted. “I’m really happy to hear that…but…” He pushed her softly so he can look at her eyes that now showed confusion.

 

“But I can’t be with you” He told her the words she feared to hear the most as she suddenly felt devastated. “I’ll be marrying Hyo Joo. I don’t want to hurt her. I’m sorry” He let go of her and started walking away as she raised her hand to reach him but he’s already far from her.

 

She stood there, still in the process of understanding what he meant. “Come back please” She uttered as tears continuously running on her cheeks. “Don’t leave me. Please don’t go”

 

*

 

“Boa? What happened? Where’s Jaejoong?” Yunho quickly held her in his arms when she entered their suite and about to collapse. He carried her to the bed and touched her forehead. “You have a fever. I’ll just get some…”

 

She got a hold of his hand when he was about to stand and from that moment, she started crying again. “It’s over. We can’t be together. Yunho, I’m…I’m sorry”

 

“What do you mean?” He asked, puzzled with her situation.

 

“He’s going to be with her. It’s my fault. If I told him before what I feel then…then it won’t be like this. It’s because of me…It’s all because of me…It’s…” She stopped and he became terrified when she unexpectedly lost consciousness as her face showed paleness.

 

“Boa…Boa!” He shook her but she didn’t budge. He lifted her up and ran to his car to go to the nearest hospital. “Boa, don’t die on me. I need you!”

 

*

 

“Hun, where did you go?” Hyo Joo asked when Jaejoong came in the front door. “It’s past eleven and…what the…are you drunk?”

 

“Just a little” He tried to walk steadily to his room while she assisted him. His vision was blurred and dizziness came to him.

 

“Seriously Jae, it’s our wedding tomorrow” She said as she covered him with the blanket up to his shoulder.

 

“I’m sorry…Goodnight” He closed his eyes, wanting the pain to go away and decided to forget what happened earlier.

 

“Sleep well” She kissed his cheek before going out of the room. Once he knew she’s gone, he opened his eyes as Boa’s words kept on repeating in his mind.

 

‘How much I tried to keep it…How many times I told you to go away, I’m deceiving myself…because until now, I still…I still love you’

 

‘I thought it’s for the best…but I realized that the thing I should have done a long time ago is telling you that…that I love you. I've loved you from the first time I saw you

 

He was in a dilemma and was asking himself why did he say that to her. She already confessed and that’s what he’s waiting for all of his life, but when he remembered his fiancée, there’s this notion that he should be with her…that she’s his responsibility.

 

“I’m sorry Boa. Maybe you’re right after all. It’s different now”

 

*

 

“Yunho?” She weakly called when she opened her eyes but there’s no one who answered her.

 

“Where am I?” She scanned the room and thought that she was in the hospital. She bit her lower lip when she recalled that this is the day…the day of his wedding. A tear rolled out and when she wiped it, she saw her engagement ring on her finger.

 

She doesn’t want to think anymore. At first, when she saw the ring, she thought that what happened last night was all a dream but it can’t be. Because it felt real and until now, she felt heartbroken when he didn’t choose her.

 

But she can’t blame him. It was his decision and probably she can’t change it anymore after all the times she pushed him away. Now she knows what he felt at that time and she was guilty as ever.

 

“I never knew until this day how bad it could hurt to lose someone I never really had…Is this the essence of loving you?” She asked, wishing that if it was possible, he can hear it. “We both love each other but yet, we’re just not meant to be”

 

Her attention was then diverted to her phone on the side table when she suddenly heard her ringtone and when she picked it up, she saw Hyo Joo’s name. “H-hello?”

 

“Boa…do…do you know where’s Jaejoong? He didn’t show up~” She heard Hyo Joo sniffling over the phone, and her eyes widen when she heard the news.

 

“What do you mean?” She asked with full of worry as she wondered where he could have gone to…

 

 

…and at the same time, the door of the room opened.

 

-The end-

 

A/N thank you all for reading~