For us, is separation really the choice?

Essence of Loving

 

Chapter X: For us, is separation really the choice?

 

Hyo Joo and Yunho were at the lobby. Both were chatting as they wait for Jaejoong to come back. Soon, they saw him enter the hotel but in a bad mood. They called him but he ignored them as he directly went in the elevator.

 

“I’ll go check on him” Hyo Joo said and went in the other elevator. Arriving at the right floor, she went to their suite and saw another vase broken. She became afraid and was about to go call Yunho but she felt someone pulled her and realized that Jaejoong was kissing her. She was taken aback but closed her eyes and kissed him too.

 

“Hey, you’ll be late for…” Yunho was in their doorway but closed the door immediately when he saw the scene. He smirked and decided to wait back at the lobby.

 

“J-Jae, Yunho saw us” Hyo Joo said after they pulled off from the kiss. Jaejoong looked at her and about to kiss her again but stopped. “So?” he coldly said.

 

“We…we’ll be late for our flight” She uttered and he let go of her.

 

“Fine” He got their suitcase and went down together with her as they met up with their friend.

 

“You don’t need to come with us” He said as he glared at Yunho as the latter became shock but laughed it off.

 

“Hey, I’m sorry I interrupt your moment there, I didn’t know you want romance before you leave” He teased but Jaejoong only scoffed and walked towards their car, placing their bags at the compartment.

 

“I’m sorry Yunho. I don’t know why he’s acting like that. He’s not like this when he left a while ago” Hyo Joo bowed then looked at her fiancé.

 

“Its fine, I understand. I’ll meet you guys on your wedding” She smiled at him then went to the car when Jaejoong called her. Yunho bid them goodbye as the car drove off then he went to his car and decided to go home to see his fiancée again.

 

Coincidentally while driving, he saw Boa at the park in his side mirror, sitting all alone. He parked his car and saw a man selling balloons at the sidewalk. He bought a red one, thinking that it signifies his love, and wanted to surprise her. He stood in front of her but when she looked up, his smiling face turned into a sad one. He unintentionally let go of the balloon when he saw her eyes as he sat beside her and held her shoulders, worried about what happened.

 

“Yunho…” She called his name and hugged him as she sobbed in his arms, remembering the words Jaejoong threw at her.

 

“What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” He asked as he rubbed her back.

 

“Don’t leave me Yunho, promise me you won’t let me go” She begged and hugged him tightly. He was surprised at her words but didn’t ask again.

 

“I promise…c’mon, we should go home” She nodded and both stood up, headed towards his car.

 

*

 

“What happened?” Boa’s mom asked when she opened the door of the shop and saw her daughter’s face.

 

“I’m tired” Boa uttered first in a low voice and walked to the other door leading to the stairs.

 

“Is there something bothering her?” Yunho asked when Boa closed the door. He was so curious why she’s behaving like that when he saw her at the park while Boa’s mom stayed silent at his sudden question. She assumed that probably or even possibly that the answer is none other than Jaejoong.

 

Boa hugged her knees and rested her chin on it while staring at the corner of her room. She still can’t get over from the words Jaejoong said. It was unbearable for her. She wiped away the tears that were falling and her face showed no emotion, instead her heart was feeling it all.

 

“Boa” Her mom called but she kept silent. “Yunho went out, the company called him” She continued and sat on the side of bed.

 

“Why?” Boa said in an exhausted voice. “Why does it hurt so much?” She looked at her mother who wasn’t able to answer her. “I thought that I’ll be fine if we stay here…that I’ll be able to forget my past, that I’ll be able to forget him…but why?” At this time, she was crying already. She can’t hold back her tears for the second time around. It’s just too much for her weak heart. “Why does he need to enter my life again?”

 

“Boa…dear…” Her mom uttered as she squeezed her daughter’s hand.

 

“He let go…he finally let me go. He doesn’t care about me anymore. He hates me now, he hates me” Boa sobbed. She doesn’t know where to get any courage for her to be fine. She thought that it is the end. It is really the end between the two of them.

 

“Boa…” Her mom sat by her side and rubbed her daughter’s back. “Don’t cry, it hurts me to see you like this…I’m sorry Boa, I’m sorry.”

 

She faced her mom and shook her head. “Don’t apologize, Ma. If there’s someone who’s at fault, it’s me”

 

“Don’t blame yourself, dear. Everything happens because there’s a reason behind it” Her mom comforted her and continued by telling her about the story about herself and her husband, that they suffered a lot but in the end they end up together. And even though he’s gone, he left her with their precious blessing.

 

Boa smiled and gave her mom a hug. “I won’t ever leave you, Ma. Thank you for everything you’d done for me”

 

“Tomorrow will be a busy day, you should catch some sleep now” Her mom smiled and tucked her daughter in bed just like what she always did when Boa was still a little kid. She stood up and headed towards the door when Boa suddenly spoke.

 

“What if it won’t happen to us?”

 

“Just keep in mind what your dad told you” With that, her mom went out and closed the door. Boa looked at the ceiling and rested her arm on the top of her head, remembering her dad’s advice.

 

Flashback

 

“I’m disappointed in you Boa” Her dad said to the six year old girl who’s looking at the teddy bear on her hand.

 

“I’m sorry Pa, I won’t do it again” She bit her lip and showed her puppy eyes.

 

“You know baby girl” Her dad started and lifted her up to sit on his lap. “There’s nothing wrong in making mistakes. What’s wrong is letting it stay as a mistake without the effort of making it right”

 

She felt a sudden guilt and made a firm nod at her father. She walked towards a girl and handed the stuff toy to her. “I’m sorry, here” The girl smiled and hugged the gift she received.

 

“That’s my girl” Her dad said and patted her head.

 

End of flashback

 

“I don’t know what to do anymore. It’s already too late” Boa hugged her pillow and went to a deep slumber, wanting to forget what happened on this day for now.