Maybe we’re not meant for each other

Essence of Loving

 

Chapter VIII: Maybe we’re not meant for each other

 

Boa woke up in a mess. Her head hurts so much after all that happened last night. She looked at her hand and saw the proof that she’s really engaged when she thought that it’s all just a part of her dream.

 

Right. She’s engaged. She’s engaged with Jung Yunho.

 

“You’re awake already” Her mom went into her room and sat on the edge of the bed. “I’m sorry dear” She apologized then Boa held her hand.

 

“Its fine, Ma…Look” She raised her left hand and showed the ring to her mother. “Your daughter will get married. I wish dad is here”

 

“Is that what you want?” Her mom asked about the engagement as she was not convinced with what Yunho told her earlier.

 

“Yes” Boa said, not hinting even a tiny bit hesitation.    

 

“Is that what your heart wants?” Her mom asked once more but by this time, Boa didn’t answer, instead she looked down. It made her confused and thought about this over again.

                    

“You should be sure, dear, or else you’re not going to be happy” Her mom advised and Boa paused for a second before replying.

 

“I don’t know…It’s too hard…and I can’t back out now. I don’t want to hurt Yunho”

 

“Love can be your enemy sometimes, Boa…but with everything that’ll happen, I’m always here for you”

 

“Thank you” She hugged her mom as the latter told her that Liyin and Yeonhee are waiting for her downstairs. Boa nodded and went to the bathroom.

 

Her phone was ringing when she finished taking a shower, and when she picked it up, her now fiancé’s voice was all she heard.

 

“I’ll pick you up at 7. Be ready” Yunho told her and she asked why. “I just want to celebrate, please bear” She heard him and even if she doesn’t want to, she agreed. She has to.

 

She closed her phone and tossed it to her bed. Sighing, she left the room and came down to the shop as she saw her two friends happily talking with each other.

 

“Morning” She greeted them and the two approached her with gleam in their eyes.

 

“Is it true unni?” Yeonhee asked and the two looked at Boa’s hand, both squealed afterwards.

 

“You’re much more excited than me” Boa said, amused at her dongsaengs. “Let’s go. It’s time to work”

 

*

 

“We need to close the shop now” It was exactly four in the afternoon when Liyin interrupted the silence in the shop and Boa looked at her with confusion.

 

“Liyin-ah? We close at six, remember?

 

“No, no unni. Yunho oppa told Liyin and me that you’ll have dinner later so we’re here to help you dress nicely, and make oppa drop his jaw when he sees you” Yeonhee barged in and earning a nod from the youngest.

 

“It’s just a dinner” Boa replied back and Liyin slammed her palm on the counter.

 

“It’s not just a dinner unni. It’s your first dinner after you got engaged!”

 

Both pushed Boa upstairs, one holding a bag with a dress and heels inside while the other one with a bunch of make-up kits.

 

Two hours later, Yunho parked his car in front of the shop and was about to open the door when Yeonhee suddenly came out. “Oppa, stay here for a while”

 

“Unni, your prince charming is here!” She exclaimed as the guy chuckled but became speechless when he saw his fiancée. He was stunned by her looks while Liyin and Yeonhee high five each other for a job well done.

 

“We’re going to leave you guys now. Have a romantic dinner!” Both giggled and started walking away from the couple.

 

When the two noisy gals were gone, Boa still hasn’t uttered a single word. She looked shy. Completely shy.

 

Yunho approached her, telling her that she’s beautiful and she blushed for sure. “Well then, shall we go my princess?” Boa nodded and went in the car.

 

They reached the restaurant in a short time and when both went in, the waiter approached them. “We have a reservation for four” Yunho said and the waiter led them to their table.

 

“Four?” She asked him, as they sat down on their seats and the next thing she heard made her uneasy.

 

“I want you to meet my friend and his fiancée before they go back to Korea”

 

“Boa?” The couple looked up and saw Hyo Joo and Jaejoong coming towards them. Boa looked at Jaejoong who was wearing a cold expression at that moment. “So you’re Yunho’s girlfriend after all” Hyo Joo was surprised but smiled at her.

 

“Y...yeah” Boa was feeling uncomfortable, especially when she looked at him again. She instantly looked away when she saw him glaring at her.

 

“You know each other?” Yunho asked the two ladies and both nodded.

 

“Oh! Hun, this is Boa, the owner of the flower shop I’m talking about and Boa, this is Jaejoong, my fiancé” Hyo Joo introduced the two people she thought of being strangers to each other while Boa’s heart pounded like crazy.

 

“Nice to see you” Jaejoong spoke and asked for a handshake but she only bowed at him.

 

During their double date, both of them remained silent while their partners were busy talking about certain things.

 

“Promise to attend our wedding” Hyo Joo cuddled her fiancé’s arm and Yunho agreed of course. “Right Boa?”

 

“Huh?” Boa snapped out of her thoughts when her fiancé nudged her.

 

“Are you alright? Oh! Is that an engagement ring?” Hyo Joo pointed at it and Boa covered the ring with her other hand but soon nodded.

 

“I proposed to her last night” Yunho added, feeling so proud of himself, and being oblivious with the pain it brought to the other guy.

 

“Uhm, Boa, about the violin, you’re going to play for us, right?” Hyo Joo reminded and suddenly came up with an idea. “Hey~ how about a double wedding?”

 

Jaejoong choked at the water he was drinking and Boa was shocked.

 

“It’s actually a good idea” Yunho considered and faced his fiancée.  “What do you think?”

 

Jaejoong stood up, slamming the glass on the table, and soon walked away.

 

“What’s his problem? Excuse me” Hyo Joo followed him, confused with his sudden actions.

 

“What’s wrong with him?” Yunho asked then turned back his attention to Boa “About the wedding…will you agree?”

 

“Yunho, don’t you think it’s too fast? We just got engaged last night” She gulped hard. It was too sudden indeed and it hurt her to see ‘him’ leave because to her, if she was given an option, running away will be her choice.

 

“Sorry for asking” He scratched his head and she shook her head.

 

“It’s alright. No harm done”

 

But for Jaejoong, will it be fine?