A sudden hit of reality

Essence of Loving

Chapter XIII: A sudden hit of reality

 

Hyo Joo waved her hand and called her two friends who just got back to Korea. Boa was quite surprised when she saw Hyo Joo there and her eyes roamed around, heart was pounding at the thought that he probably came, but sighed when she didn’t see him.

 

“Nice to see you both” Hyo Joo greeted them and they did the same. “Do you want to come with me? I’ll try my gown and you can see Jaejoong too” She invited them but Yunho refused, telling her an excuse that both Boa and him are tired and want to take a rest.

 

Hyo Joo hesitated for a while but agreed anyways. “That’s too bad then…Can we meet tomorrow?” She asked and the couple nodded their heads. “And Boa, I’ll be giving you the piece you’re going to play in my wedding…if that’s alright with you?” Boa’s heart sunk but bravely put a smile on her lips. “Well then, I shall get going. Bye”

 

“We also need to go” Yunho started walking, followed by Boa who felt ashamed of herself. It suddenly struck her that she really will be separated from him. Once he got married, it will be the end for her…that she didn’t fight for what she truly feels…that she’s so stupid for having thought all of these.

 

When they arrived at their suite, Yunho plopped down on the bed, finding a comfortable spot to sleep while Boa laughed at his position. She was glad that he reserved a room with two beds or else it will just add up to her list of problems.

 

They arrived early in the morning and she was so tired and sleepy. But before she can enter her dreamland, she remembered her father. She lay down on the bed and decided to visit him this afternoon.

 

*

 

Hyo Joo arrived at the Kim’s house, not affected by the sleep fairy since she’s too excited for the reason that she will be able to wear her gown, and she can’t wait to see him in a tuxedo.

 

She went directly to his room and woke him up. “Good morning Jae!” He groaned when he was suddenly awoken as he turned to his side, his back was facing her, and tried to sleep once more. But she kept on nagging him that made him in a bad mood.

 

“What do you want?!” His voice rose and she stopped. “S-sorry…go to sleep again” She stood up and slowly went out of his room. Her high spirit was broken and what more depressing is that it was her fiancé who did it. She went back to her room, lay on the bed, and decided to take a nap. After all, it’s still early in the morning.

 

*

 

It was past noon when Yunho wake her up and handed her a bouquet of flowers. “Why are you giving this to me?” She asked but he answered her with a question. “Want to eat?” She half nodded and stood up. “I’ll wait at the lobby” He exited the room and guilt struck him when he saw her, still depress.

 

When he was gone, Boa sat up and did some stretching. She went out to the balcony and saw the familiar places she missed. “I’m home” She uttered before going to the bathroom and took a shower.

 

“Hey, what’s up?” Yunho picked up a call from Hyo Joo when he was waiting for his fiancée for about half an hour already.

 

“Where are you? I forgot but you need to try out your tuxedo, you’re the best man after all” Hyo Joo said and the same time, Boa came out of the elevator.

 

“Where’s Jae?” He asked and she told him that he’s in the fitting room. “Uhm, you see, Boa and I are supposed to have lunch first”

 

“That’s good then! We haven’t eaten lunch yet. Why don’t the four of us eat together?” She made an offer and he was in confusion.

 

“I don’t know. I’ll ask her first then call you back later” He closed his phone when Boa is already in front of him.

 

“Let’s go” He coughed then held her hand but she shook her head and pulled away from his grasp.

 

“You should go. Hyo Joo called me” She said, earning a raised brow from him.

 

“What about you?” He asked, concerned about her while she smiled at him.

 

“I’ll be fine. I got other things to do” She turned him around and pushed his back until they are outside the hotel.

 

“Are you sure? You can come with me if you want” Yunho insisted but she declined again.

 

“Bye” Boa waved her hand when the car where Yunho is in drove to the highway. “I’m sorry” she said before entering another car.

 

During the ride, Boa thought that a lot had changed on her five years of absence here. The shops she once used to go are now replaced by new ones but luckily, the flower shop she often went to before is still there. She stepped out of the car and went inside the shop, only to be greeted by a little boy, about three yrs. old. 

 

“Hello” Boa greeted back then the young boy plucked a flower from the vase and handed it to her.

 

“Boa?” The owner of the name looked up and was shocked afterwards.

 

“S-Seulgi?”

 

“Mama, you know her?” The little boy tugged his mother’s shirt and looked curiously at the customer.

 

“Your child?” Boa asked calmly, disbelieving in a way, but then it hit her. “You mean, he’s J-Jae…” But before she can continue, Seulgi interrupted her.

 

“Yunnie, Mama baked you some cookies” She diverted her attention to her son and with that, the little boy ran happily to the kitchen.

 

When the door closed, Seulgi faced Boa with a deadpan look. “There’s no father. I killed him” The latter was shocked once again and Seulgi burst out in laughter. “I’m just kidding…The truth is…I was ” Her cheerful tone turned in disgust when she said the last word.

 

“Sorry” Boa apologized and Seulgi accepted it as she motioned her to sit on the couch.

 

“Five years have passed already, why suddenly came back?”

 

“I’m going to attend a wedding here” Boa answered and was silenced after she heard Seulgi’s question.

 

“You mean Jaejoong’s?” Her eyes widen and soon looked down, nodding twice. “Why did you left Korea in the first place? Is it because of him?” Boa kept silent with all these straightforward questions and Seulgi got the cue to continue. “He changed after you left. Do you know that? He once told me that he doesn’t want to live anymore, that he had no more reason to...”

 

“But why? You’re together and you love each other, so why?” Boa was still looking down and droplets of tears are falling on the wooden floor as she clenched her fists.

 

“I used to despise you, Boa” Seulgi suddenly told her and Boa’s head perked up. “Ever since Jaejoong met you, he treated me differently. He spent more time with you while I just watched at the corner. I was so angry at you. But you know what really made me hate you so much? It’s when he rejected me…He rejected me because of you”

 

“B-but I saw you kissing each other” Boa said in a defending tone.

 

“Aish! You’re really dense, aren’t you?” Seulgi exclaimed and Boa knitted her brows as she was getting mad all of a sudden when she heard Seulgi’s words. “Do you even know the whole truth?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Wake up already! He didn’t love me...He never loved me, Boa! You are! You’re the one he loves...and until now, I know he feels the same way for you!” Seulgi stood up, taking all her anger out.

 

“No, no way” Boa covered with two hands, and tears flowing continuously. “You’re lying”

 

“I wish I do. Do you know how hard this is for me? I gave up on him because of you, and now you’re giving up on him?! Who are you kidding Boa? Who?!”

 

“I’m sorry...I don’t...I can’t...I’m sorry” Boa ran outside the shop with a blurred vision. She ran and ran until she arrived to her father. She kneeled down at the front of her father’s grave, weeping.