Officially letting you go

Essence of Loving

 

Chapter XV: Officially letting you go
 
During the way back to their suite, Yunho grew silent even though Boa kept on asking him why and was thinking how he managed to find her when she didn’t even tell him her whereabouts. He never dared to talk during that night…when they ate dinner and when they were about to sleep…and it was making her pissed.
 
She wanted to end this silent treatment but when she lay on her bed, she easily got sleepy because of the things she did in that whole day and the truth that slapped her face hard. 
 
“Sleep well” She was about to close her eyes when she heard his voice.
She then turned her head to him, seeing his back at sight, and smiled.
 
“Good night Yunho”
 
*
 
Morning came and the thought that maybe she can ask him about yesterday’s questions was with her but when she got up and looked at the other bed, he’s not even there. The bed sheet was neatly done and a yellow note was placed on the pillow.
 
“I need to do something. I’ll meet you tonight” She read what was written and was bewildered after. What is he trying to do? She asked herself and quickly called him but he never picked up. 
 
“No…this can’t be…how can he know when…when he didn’t meet Jaejoong yesterday?” She was anxious when the thought that probably he knows the whole truth came to mind. She was walking back and forth then stopped when a person appeared in her mind. “Oh no, Ma…but she can’t…she won’t” But then again, when she recalled the scene at the dining area, looking at Yunho’s expression, and when her mom told him something before going to the airport, it made her realize that it’s possible that he must’ve known.
 
She made an overseas call and when she heard her mother’s voice, she became tensed.
“It’s me, Boa. Ma, I want to ask you something”
 
“How are you, dear?” Her mom replied calmly, not knowing that her daughter was afraid of the outcomes that may happen.
 
“Is it true? Did you tell Yunho the truth?” She asked, faking to be brave, but inside she doesn’t want to know. “Hello Ma? Hello?” She called but didn’t hear any answer then got frustrated when she saw her phone turned off by itself.
 
“Aish!” She lay back on the bed and stared at the ceiling. “What’s happening?” She soon got up, rummaging through the contents of her bag and found the paper that Hyo Joo gave to her before where the Kim’s phone number was written. She then dialed it using the telephone in the room and was half-expecting that he can possibly answer the call.
 
*
 
“Tell me again why I came here for” Jaejoong coldly stated as he sat on one of the chairs in the restaurant. 
 
“I just want to ask you…about my fiancée” Yunho replied gloomily but the other guy’s expression was still serious as ever. “Can you tell me why you suddenly changed when you met her?”
 
“What do you mean?” Jaejoong sensed a confrontation to come up but valiantly prolonged the topic instead of avoiding it. He can’t possibly evade the truth. Sooner or later, he assumed that they will know the real story. 
 
“Do you have any relation with her? Or even before I’ve known her?” At this time, Yunho was glaring and wanted his friend to spill out the beans but with the single answer that the latter said, the former slammed his hands on the table that got the attention of everybody. 
 
“Stop lying!” He grabbed the collar and looked intensely at Jaejoong. “I know you love her, darn it!”
 
“So what if I do?!” Jaejoong finally admitted which earned a hard punch on his face as he stumbled on the floor. “What the…” He quickly stood up and returned the punch.
 
Both fought as they made a chaos in the restaurant and soon were restrained by the waiters who pulled the two away from each other.
 
“I love her but she chose you. Are you happy now?!” Jaejoong pushed away the waiters who held him and straightened his shirt next.
 
“If only you knew…” Yunho uttered in a low voice as the waiters in his side let go of him. “Come with me, we’re not done yet”
 
*
 
It was six in the afternoon and two women can be seen, chatting with each other in a coffee shop.
 
“I really want to hear you play it” Hyo Joo clasped her hands and made a dreaming pose while on the other side of the table, Boa looked at the violin sheet that was handed to her.
 
“I want you to see this” She gave her phone to Boa as the latter stopped breathing upon seeing the picture. There, she saw the two of them standing next to each other – Hyo Joo was wearing her wedding gown and Jaejoong in his tuxedo.
 
“Don’t we look great together?” Hyo Joo continued and giggled while the other can only fake a smile, feeling an unbearable pain struck her heart.
 
“Why are you crying? What’s the matter?” Boa was confused when she heard Hyo Joo’s question but not until she realized that tears were streaming down on her cheeks then quickly wiped it off.
 
“Huh? No…I’m just happy for you guys” She lied even though it’s quite obvious but was relieved when her friend accepted her lame excuse.
 
“You know what? I’m really glad I’ve met you” Hyo Joo went beside her and gave her a tight hug while Boa patted her back, tears continuously flowing.
 
“You don’t need to thank me. I don’t deserve it. Just promise me that…that you’ll love each other and don’t ever let go of him” She was holding back more tears that can come out as they broke off the hug. 
 
“Of course we love each other. That’s why we’ll get married tomorrow” Hyo Joo said as a matter of fact while Boa, as much as she tried to hide the pain, ran outside the shop, crying her heart out. “Boa, wait!”
 
She ran away with no particular place to go in mind. All she wanted is to never hear again about the wedding. It just made her regret the words she told him before and that she was so stupid when she didn’t follow her heart and now, it really marked in her that  she lost the third man in her life.
 
It started to rain but she didn’t mind it at all, instead she dared to run at the middle of the road but didn’t hear the shouts and screams of the people who saw her and the honks of the vehicles since she was in the state of nothingness. She wanted her miseries to stop and if the only option is to die, she wanted to do it.
 
“What do you think you’re doing?!” She felt being pulled by a sudden force and when she opened her eyes, Yunho was staring angrily at her. They were now at the other side of the street and were completely soaked wet. “I’m asking you!” He shook her and it just made her cry harder.
 
“I’m sorry…I’m sorry Yunho but I love him…I still love Jaejoong” She finally confessed between her sobs and didn’t hear any sounds coming from him for some brief seconds.
 
But for the next words she heard, it struck her in surprise. “I know” She looked up to him and didn’t saw the scary expression he wore before, instead it was replaced by his smile. “C’mon, I told you I need to do something” He pulled her and both went inside his car.
 
“Aren’t you mad at me?” She asked, once he started the engine and drove off the place. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you, I thought that…”
 
“I’m mad at you” She was cut off and became silent. “But you don’t need to explain” She bit her lip as tears were welling up in her eyes while waiting for them to arrive at the place he is referring to. 
 
“Here we are” Yunho announced when he parked the car while Boa widened her eyes when she recognized the place.
 
“Why…why did you bring me here?” She was so curious and faced him with a skeptical look.
 
“Give me your hand” He spoke but she didn’t obey him. He then held her left hand and after taking a deep breath, he removed the ring on her finger and her jaw dropped because of his action. “I’m…I’m officially letting you go”
 
His words overwhelmed her as she can’t manage to move in her position. “I’m sorry. I became selfish to think that I’ll have you only for me. I didn’t consider what you really feel”
 
She shook her head, completely disbelieving him. “No Yunho…if there’s someone…if there’s someone who did that, it’s me. I did that to you. All along I just thought of my sake. I’m sorry I’ve hurt you. I’m really sorry. Please forgive me…please Yunho. Don’t hate me. I don’t know what to do without you…”
 
“Sshhh” He embraced her as tears formed at the corner of his eyes. “Don’t say that…It’s true that I was hurt but I’ll never hate you, Boa. I’m letting you go because I love you”
 
“But why? Why are you doing this? Why do you…” She was once again cut off but not with his words, it was his kiss that made her shut up. When he pulled away, she touched her lips and was in a daze.
 
“That will be my first and last kiss from you. Now go there” He pointed at the shore, although it’s a bit dark already. “He’s waiting” She was alarmed when she heard that and then hugged him again, thanking for what he’d done before she walked her way towards the place.
 
“Please be happy” Those were the words he uttered before leaving. Although hurt in a way, he was relieved and contented to see her happy even if she will be with someone else.
 
Boa knitted her brows as her eyes adjusted to the dark then she saw him with the help of the moonlight. He was sitting on the sand and it kind of reminds her, her last day here five years ago. She was having second thoughts to approach him or not but when she thought about what Yunho did, she became certain that she won’t waste this time. She called him.
 
“Jae…” Her heart was beating hard and fast, especially when he turned to look at her.
 
“Why are you here?”
 
*****
A/N the next chapter will be the last one~