You’re making this so difficult for me

Essence of Loving

 

Chapter VI: You’re making this so difficult for me
 
It was almost near sundown as four girls were chatting to each other inside the shop and one of them was complaining about her fiancé.
 
“Let him, unni. He needs some freedom too” Yeonhee joked and Liyin added “This is funny, you know. Unni being jealous because of another guy” which earned a pout from Hyo Joo and a laugh from Boa.
 
“I know that but still…it’s our vacation. We need to spend our time together! You know what I mean” Hyo Joo defended. “Come to think of it, I forgot to ask his friend’s name”
 
“I’m on the same boat as you” Boa said as she finished another bouquet. “But I’m fine if he leaves, at least I can focus on my work”
 
Hyo Joo sighed and surrendered as she sat down on the chair. “Now, I wonder if he really loves me or not even if we’re engaged…”
 
“Really unni? You never told me you’re getting married” Yeonhee spoke happily and Hyo Joo’s mood became bright again. “Yeah...We’re actually going back after two nights to Korea for our wedding”
 
“Congrats! Boa unni will go there too” Liyin went in the conversation and Boa’s expression suddenly turned gloomy. 
 
“You should totally come to my wedding, Boa!” Hyo Joo asked while Boa only shrugged, not sure on what to say. 
 
“Unni also know how to play the violin” Liyin proudly added and Hyo Joo’s eyes sparked with excitement. “Really? Can you play in my wedding? Oh this is great, here’s the address” She wrote down and handed it as Boa accepted but was shocked when she read what was written. The venue is near her house before. 
 
“Please, Boa. Even before, I really want someone to play my favorite piece but I don’t know anyone who can play it. Will you? Please~ Boa, pretty please~” Hyo Joo pleaded and the only answer Boa said was “I’ll try”
 
“Time for me and Yeon to go home” Liyin announced when she looked at the clock then stood up. It’s exactly six in the afternoon and it’s the time to close the shop.
 
At the same time, Hyo Joo’s phone rang and her fiancé was calling her. “I’m in the flower boutique” She replied and the guy suddenly got curious. “I made friends with Liyin, Yeonhee and…” But before she can continue, he interrupted her, not knowing the impact he could have felt if he let her finish. “It’s getting late, you should come back here. I prepared dinner and we need to pack our things” Hyo Joo obeyed and bid goodbye to her friends who are busy arranging the flowers. She went in the car and drove back to the hotel.
 
“Is this Hyo Joo’s bag?” Boa asked as she lifted the bag on the chair as the two workers turned their heads to her. “Yeah, she’ll probably come back for it” Liyin replied and picked up her own bag, the same as Yeonhee. “Bye unni” The two said in unison and exited the shop as Boa waved her hand goodbye. 
 
Her phone suddenly rang when she got a text message from her boyfriend stating that he will come home late because of some paperworks. Boa closed her phone and went upstairs to her room after she turned off the lights of the boutique. 
 
Few hours later, while Boa was reading a book, she heard something inside Hyo Joo’s bag. She hesitated at first but soon opened it. She saw the phone ringing and when she picked it up, the word ‘hun’ is what she saw. “He-hello?”
 
“Boa, is that you?” She heard her friend’s voice and replied “Yes, you left your bag in the shop” 
 
“I’ll get it tomorrow since it’s really late now. Goodnight Boa” Hyo Joo sighed in relief then hung up the phone.
 
*
 
“Welcome to Hana Boutique” Yeonhee greeted the next day when a man came in the shop that afternoon.
 
“Excuse me, but my fiancée forgot her bag here yesterday” Jaejoong talked and Yeonhee made an ‘o’ sound. “Are you Hyo Joo unni’s fiancé?” He nodded and she excused herself. “Just wait for a while” She went upstairs, calling Boa and soon came back to the shop. “Boa unni will be here soon” Jaejoong became alarmed when he heard that name and was about to ask her if he heard it right but the girl he wanted to see suddenly entered the shop with his fiancée’s bag. 
 
Boa stiffened upon seeing him and unconsciously dropped the bag on the floor. The two of them stared at each other, shocked with whom they’re seeing.
 
“Is there something wrong?” Yeonhee asked when she saw both expressions.
 
“Boa” Jaejoong uttered.
 
“Here’s the bag sir, excuse me” Boa handed it, almost shoving it to him, as she made a run to the living room but before she can leave, Jaejoong gripped her hand, saying “We need to talk” 
 
“There’s nothing to talk about. Let me go. You’re hurting me” Boa said as Yeonhee was trying to pull away the guy’s hand on her unni’s hand...but he’s too strong. Jaejoong dragged Boa outside as she was yelling at him, telling him to stop. 
 
Jaejoong held both of her arms and looked at her intensely but his eyes became solemn after. “Please Boa, let me talk to you” He pleaded and Boa stopped struggling when she looked at his eyes. 
 
“Unni, I already called Yunho oppa. He’s on his way” Yeonhee went outside and with that Jaejoong shoved Boa in his car and drove fast. “Unni!”
 
*
 
During the ride, they were both silent until Jaejoong suddenly stopped the car. “What the...are you trying to kill me!” Boa exploded and glared at him.
 
“Yes! After what you have done...do you think it was easy for me when you left?” Jaejoong shouted and it was the time for Boa to cry. “Do you know how much I suffered back then? That you left me?” Jaejoong was saying what his heart was feeling as his tears were about to fall while Boa apologized over and over again as she sobbed. “Before…whenever you need someone to be there for you, I always came and comfort you…but when it comes to me, there’s no day that you came. I tried…I tried to forget you…but every time I did that, it just makes me miss you more. It wasn’t easy to forget you Boa, and until now I still love you”.
 
Boa shook her head for the reason that she doesn’t want to believe what she’s hearing and to make him stop for letting her feel the guilt. “This is wrong Jae. You…you should forget about me. You’re going to marry Hyo Joo”
 
“I don’t care. Now that I found you Boa…” Jaejoong said as he held her hands but Boa pushed his hands away from her and slapped his face. 
 
“Stop it. Hyo Joo is a sweet girl, Jae. You’re lucky to have her compared to me. So just stop it”. 
 
“No. I won’t let you go” Jaejoong strongly stated and in a matter of second, he pulled her by the neck and kissed her lips. Boa was shocked but there’s something that made her kissed him back.
 
After a good few seconds, knowing that what they’re doing is not right, she pushed him. She looked terrified in a way, not believing what she did. “Boa” He called.
 
”No..no!.. stop it” Boa was about to get out of the car but he embraced her. 
 
“Give me one last chance”
 
“I already have someone I love and…he’s not you. I’m sorry” Boa said and Jaejoong’s embrace loosen since what he heard made a heavy blow on him. He let go of the hug and looked at her, bewildered. 
 
“I’m sorry” Boa apologized once again and got out of the car while tears were flowing.