Someday, our time will match

Essence of Loving

 

Six days had passed after that call from Yunho and still Boa wasn’t able to move on. Moreover, they will meet again after a week and that’s what she’s worried about.

 

“Ouch” Boa hissed in pain when she subconsciously gripped the rose with thorns tightly. Thinking about her problems, she was losing focus on her work. At the same time, her co-worker entered the shop and greeted her boss.

 

“Morning, unni. Sorry, I’m late” Liyin placed down her bag behind the counter and saw a bit of blood on Boa’s palm. “What happened? I’ll get some band-aids” but Boa stopped her, telling her she’s fine.

 

“Where’s Yeonhee by the way?” Boa asked as she placed the roses in one big vase and placed it at the display section near the glass wall in front of the shop.

 

“She’s not feeling well so she can’t come today. Where’s auntie?” The younger girl asked as she put her apron and tied her hair up.

 

“She’s ordering more flowers” The older girl replied and walked back to the counter, waiting for any customers.

 

“Uhm unni? Can I ask you something?” Liyin sat on the chair near the counter and Boa nodded. “Well you see, I have this friend and she asked me for an advice but I don’t know what to say to her”

 

“What for?” Boa became intrigued and Liyin continued. “Well, it’s a love problem. She’s torn between her best friend and this new guy. Actually, she loves them both but of course she only need to choose one…and now, she doesn’t know what to do and she’s asking me. I’m inexperienced about this and I thought probably you know the answer? Unni, if you’re in her place, what would you do?”

 

Boa was unable to speak. There’s no need for her to get on Liyin’s friend’s place since she’s on the same spot as her. Also confused on what to choose. “Unni?”

 

Liyin snapped her fingers in front of Boa and it made her come back to her senses. “Ye..yeah? Uhm, you know what, I forgot, I need to deliver some flowers. Take care of the boutique while I’m gone” Boa removed her apron as she hurriedly picked up the bouquets.

 

*

 

Jaejoong and Hyo Joo explored the shops around Tokyo and went to buy gifts for their parents for their flight next week. Jaejoong was busy roaming around the side walk, looking at the front of the shops he passed by while his fiancée was buying a dress.

 

He stopped at the shop next to the boutique, looking at the items displayed in there for a while and decided to come in. At the same time, Boa went outside her shop and stocked the flowers neatly in the passenger’s seat and stepped inside the car. Liyin followed and gave the paper with the address for the deliveries that Boa forgot to get. “I’ll be back soon” Boa said and drove off.

 

Hyo Joo went outside holding her bags as she was looking for her fiancé. She saw him exiting a shop and called him.

 

She half ran and suddenly heard a girl voice. “Bye unni” She stopped in the middle and approached the girl. “Are you Korean?”  Liyin nodded and Hyo Joo was extremely happy to find someone with the same nationality as her while Jaejoong went beside her. “Look hun, she’s also Korean!”

 

“Do you want to go to our shop? The flowers we sell are really pretty” Liyin invited and the other two agreed. The three went inside, awed at the interior of the place.

 

“Do you like this?” Jaejoong chose a bouquet and showed it to Hyo Joo. She blushed when she saw his smile while holding that bouquet while Liyin giggled and saw the couple’s rings. Hyo Joo noticed her and turned to look at Liyin.

 

“By the way, I’m Hyo Joo and this sweet guy is Jaejoong” She laughed a bit and Liyin did too then introduce herself next. Both talked with each other about several things while Jaejoong looked around the shop and something caught his attention. A bear holding a violin which was quite familiar just like what he bought for Boa before. He walked closer and took it on his hand. Liyin saw him and quickly got the small glass figurine and put it back to its place. “Please don’t touch this one, it’s really special to my unni. She doesn’t want anyone hold it. I’m sorry”

 

The scene became awkward until Hyo Joo broke it. “I think we should get going Jae” She hugged his arm and thanked Liyin for the stay. They bowed to each other at the door and bid their goodbyes.

 

The couple started walking away from the shop as a car parked at the side. Boa stepped out, greeted by Liyin. She went inside the boutique, looked at her glass bear and became a bit suspicious.

 

“Liyin-ah, did someone touched that?” She pointed at the bear and Liyin told the truth, apologizing afterwards. “I see, it’s ok Liyin, just don’t let it happen again” Boa told her and went upstairs, locked the door, as a memory came to mind.

 

Flashback

 

“Where are we going Jae?” Boa asked but he just smiled at her, covering her eyes. After a few minutes, he removed his hands and she was stunned at the scene before her. There she was, standing at the center of the bear exhibit. Admiration was what she felt at the different colors, sizes and appearances of the bears displayed all over the hall.

 

She saw Jaejoong greeting some guys and she walked at the corner, looking at the display and picked a bear holding a violin. Jaejoong approached and told her to meet his friends as she placed the figurine back.

 

Three hours had passed and they were in front of her house. Boa bid him goodbye but he held her arm as he raised a small gift bag on her eye level. She took it and about to see what’s inside but he stopped her. He told her to look at it after she went inside and Boa asked the reason why but he just kept on insisting. She gave up and he grinned.

 

When she closed the door, she instantly looked at his gift and was overwhelmed at the mere thought that he gave her the bear she liked in the exhibit.  

 

End of flashback.

 

She slowly sat on the floor, weeping. She can’t help but to cry. She missed him so much and after all that happened, she still can’t forgive herself because of what she’d done. It was torturing her like crazy.

 

No one was there when she needed someone to comfort her except for her mom and Yunho. And now, she’s totally missing those times he was always there for her, making her feel at ease all the time she’s having problems.

 

How she misses him so much that she wants to return back to the past and changed it so she won’t be hurting this way, and it’s killing her like hell.

 

But as much as she desired it to be, there’s no possible way that it will happen as her hopes drained already.

 

“Forgive me Jae, please…forgive me”