Deeply bruising each other’s hearts

Essence of Loving

 

Chapter XI: Deeply bruising each other’s hearts

 

The couple arrived at the airport as Jaejoong’s parents were waiting for them. Once Hyo Joo saw them, she half ran to his mother and both hugged each other. “I missed you auntie”

 

“I told you not to call me that, you’ll be my daughter after three days, just call me mom” Mrs. Kim broke off the hug and Hyo Joo giggled at her soon to be mother-in-law.

 

“Let’s go” Jaejoong said in a nonchalant manner and started walking. Hyo Joo and both his parents exchanged looks as the fiancée can only shrugged then went to his side.

 

“Are you alright?” She worriedly asked as she wrapped her hands on his arm but suddenly let go when she heard his reply.

 

“Please don’t talk to me for now”

 

She stopped her tracks as he continued to walk. “What’s wrong?” His dad spoke and she snapped back from her thoughts. “Nothing…” was all she said.

 

The family was on their way back to the house and only Jaejoong didn’t talk during the ride. His fiancée was telling her soon-to-be-parents what happened to them in Japan…that she met new friends and bought presents for them. “…then we met Boa…and you know what mom, she’s Yunho’s fiancée”

 

She kept on blabbering about her experiences in Japan and when she uttered Boa’s name, Jaejoong flinched a bit.

 

“Boa? You mean…” His mom uttered but was cut off by her husband.

 

“We’re here. Hun, can you make dinner now? I bet our children are hungry” Jaejoong was the first one who went out of the car and thanked her dad in a low voice.

 

“Can I help you mom” Hyo Joo requested and Mrs. Kim beamed. Both stepped out and followed Jaejoong to their house while his dad sighed.

 

Jaejoong entered his room and plopped down to his bed, staring at the ceiling. He gets his phone and looked at Boa’s picture he took on the day he first saw her on the ball. And within a split second, he deleted it. “Aish! Why can’t you leave me?”

 

A knock came and he groaned, thinking that he needs to face the reality…the reality that he’s getting married soon…the reality that she will be there witnessing his vow to his fiancée…the reality that she has someone to be by her side…and the reality that he’s not that someone who will stay with her.

 

“Dad” He called and sat up on his bed when his father went inside his room and sat on one of the chairs.

 

“Son, are you sure about this?” His dad asked that earned a sigh from him.

 

On the other hand, while Mrs. Kim and Hyo Joo were preparing the ingredients for dinner, something keeps on bugging the latter one and with that, she consulted his mom.

 

“Ma, can I ask you?” She spoke and continued when she saw her nod. “You mentioned Boa before and it feels like you know her. Is there something I need to know?”

 

Jaejoong’s mom stopped cutting the kimchi and looked at Hyo Joo with a slight of nervousness. “Boa? Uhm..” Hyo Joo looked at her attentively, curious about her new friend. “No dear, I don’t know her. I’m just surprised that Yunho has a fiancée now. Jae never told me about it”

 

“Ohh” Hyo Joo nodded understandingly and went back to what she’s doing before. “…well Yunho just proposed to her last week, that’s why”

 

*

 

Yunho entered Boa’s room and when he woke her up, he suddenly felt guilty when he saw her swollen eyes even though he doesn’t know why. “Did you cry again?”

 

“There’s nothing to worry about” She slowly sat up while rubbing her eyes.

 

“Where’s your suitcase? We’ll go to Korea this evening, remember?” He asked when he scanned the room then looked back at her. She looked down, saying she forgot about it and he sighed.

 

“Breakfast is ready” He stood up and went out of the room. She held back her tears as she told herself to be strong. It was her decision that this is happening. She needs to embrace it even if it hurts her so much.

 

She got out of her bed then head down to the dining room and saw her fiancée and her mom talking seriously to each other. Yunho’s face was pale as if he was really scared and soon dashed out of the house, leaving Boa confused.

 

“What happened to him?” She sat down and her mom was hesitating to answer but told her instead that it’s because he’ll be late on his meeting. “Huh? But we’re supposed to fly back to…” She didn’t finish her sentence.

 

“Are you sure about this?” Her mom asked and she bit her lip, uncertain of what to say.