My first step in forgetting about you

Essence of Loving

 

Chapter VII: My first step in forgetting about you

 

She entered the shop with still swollen eyes and was welcomed by Yunho and her mom who were waiting, worried sick about her.

 

“Boa!” He instantly hugged her tight and it’s as if he doesn’t want to let go anymore. She pushed him lightly but kept her gaze on the floor. She felt him held her arms and she winced a bit when he gripped it hard. “Tell me Boa, who the hell is that guy?” When he heard no response, he shook her but not too hard as he can’t maintain being calm. Seeing her like this, made him furious.

 

She removed his hands and shook her head. “It’s not important anymore. He’s not…he’s not important” Although she told him that, deep inside it hurts her.  

 

She was greeted again by his hug and got teary eyed. “I’m so worried about you, bear. I’m sorry. I’m really sorry” And for this time around, she returned the hug.

 

“Don’t apologize. You’re not at fault… I’m sorry Yunho”

 

Both face each other and she weakly smiled. Yunho’s phone suddenly rang and he excused himself then went out of the shop.

 

“Boa, dear, are you alright?” Her mom walked towards her and rubbed her daughter’s arm while at that moment Boa expressed her true feelings, she bit her lip, holding back her tears. “Is the guy Jaejoong?” Her mom asked and Boa was taken aback as she looked at her mom, surprised.

 

“You knew all along?” She asked in disbelief and her mom nodded.

 

“I met him two days ago” Mrs. Kwon replied in a low voice.

 

Boa was skeptical with this fact and can’t believe what she found out. “Why?...Ma~ Why didn’t you tell me?!”

 

Yunho came in, asking why Boa was shouting and saw tears on her eyes. He looked at her then to her mother, then back at her.

 

“I’m sorry Boa. I thought that…” Her mom apologized but was interrupted.

 

“I’m sorry Ma. I shouldn’t have yelled at you” Boa calmed down a bit and wiped her tears away.

 

Boa’s mom turned her attention at Yunho, thinking that what will happen next will be the best for now. “Can you take Boa out for some fresh air?” With that Mrs. Kwon went to the living room, leaving the couple alone in the shop.

 

“Let’s go” Yunho smiled and lead Boa to his car as he ignored her questions. They arrived to a high class restaurant and as they entered the place, Boa kept on looking around and tugging his sleeve.

 

“What are we doing here? Where are the other customers?” She asked when they settled on their seats but he just kept on giving her his confident smile.

 

After a couple of minutes, they finished eating dinner and Yunho told her that they should have a toast for their strong relationship while Boa smiled faintly. He poured some red wine in the two glasses then gave one to her.

 

“Cheers” She was about to drink it but to her surprise, she saw a ring inside. She stopped and lifted her gaze at Yunho.

 

He walked in front of her then got down on one knee and held her hand.

 

“Will you marry me?”

 

She became astonished at this unexpected event and doesn’t know what to say. It made her remember her encounter with Jaejoong and it only gave trouble to her mind. “Yunho, I...I don’t…”

 

“I promise you, I will love you with all my heart” He confessed and that cause her to sigh. She thought that maybe it’s really time to forget about ‘him’.

 

“Yes” She replied.

 

“Will you marry me?” He asked again, to be sure of what he heard and she replied the same word and smiled warmly at him. The lucky man grinned and embraced her.

 

“Thank you, thank you Boa! You don’t know how much this means to me” He was full of enthusiasm but it didn’t infect her a bit. He slipped the ring on her finger and hugged her once more while she bit her lip, asking herself if she did the right thing.