Decisions are right, but still wrong

Essence of Loving

Chapter XII: Decisions are right, but still wrong

 

“You’ll need to decide now, son” Mr. Kim advised before standing up and walked towards the door. At this point of time, Jaejoong doesn’t know what to think. A part of him wants to cancel the wedding but he doesn’t want to hurt Hyo Joo either. She’d done so many things for him and if all she wanted is to be with him, he wanted to do it…but still…someone’s always changing his mind.

 

“Jae?” Hyo Joo knocked on the open door and went closer to him. “Dinner’s ready, c’mon” She held out her hand for him to hold and he did so but instead he pulled her in a hug.

 

“Sorry” He apologized and she didn’t say a thing as they stayed like that for a while. He then let go and stood up, pulling her outside the room and went downstairs to the dining area.

 

The four of them started eating in silence until his mom began the conversation. “You need to try your wedding gown tomorrow, dear. Jaejoong, you should come too” Hyo Joo became excited while her son only faked a smile at them.

 

*

 

“Are you ready?” Yunho asked Boa as he brought down her suitcase to the living room and she nodded. To be honest, she wasn’t sure about the idea of going there and witness the wedding she least wanted to see but she thought that it’s for the best.

 

“Oh wait, I forgot something” He told her as he went upstairs again while she was left there, still having second thoughts.

 

“The cab is here” Her mom stated as she entered the living room and frowned when she saw her daughter, sitting on the couch with her head hung low. “Boa” She called and sat next to her daughter while the latter looked at her mom and just gave her a slight smile. “You still have time to tell him that you don’t want to go”

 

“But I need to” Mrs. Kwon was surprised when Boa shook her head and said that. “If I’ll be able to see him get married with my own eyes, then probably I will be contented…and that’s the time I’ll be free from this pain...” She continued, thinking deeply about her thoughts. She uttered that without knowing that her fiancé was behind the wall and heard all she said.

 

“Ma, do you think it’s my fault?” She laughed bitterly and clenched her fists. “Because he’s hurt...because of what I said to him?...even if I didn’t mean all of that?” She looked down and stared on the floor but before her mom can say a word, Yunho interrupted them as he carried something that’s very valuable to his fiancée.

 

“Shall we go now?” He asked and Boa’s eyes can’t take off of her violin case. “I thought you’ll need this” He lifted the case up to his chest level as he looked at Boa, hurt in a way.

 

“You two should get going or else you’ll be late on your flight” Boa’s mom told them and both looked at the wall clock.

 

“Take care Ma” Boa stood up and gave her mom a tight hug before she picked up her suitcase and went outside, followed by Yunho.

 

He put their luggage in the compartment and she was already inside the cab. “We’ll be going” Yunho said his goodbye to Mrs. Kwon and went inside too.

 

“Be strong, dear” Boa’s mom said and the daughter smiled. “and Yunho, about that…thank you” She continued and Boa looked at the person beside her then back to her mom since she didn’t understood what she meant and Yunho gave a small smile.

 

“What do you mean, Ma?” She asked but Yunho told the driver to go as the car drove off before she can get her answer. “Yunho?” She then looked at him but he pressed his finger on her lips. She was taken aback but didn’t argue.

 

*

 

“I thought you went out” Hyo Joo’s voice startled him a bit as she damped a thick cloth on his shoulder and sat beside him. “I really can’t wait for our wedding day, aren’t you excited?”

 

“I am” He replied but deep inside, he doesn’t know. He’s confused about his feelings and until now, he’s still unable to move on.

 

“Jae? I want to ask you something...” She faced him as he did too. Seriousness can be seen through her eyes. “Why did you leave during our dinner with Yunho and Boa?”

 

His eyes widened when he remembered what happened that night…when he became heartbroken again. He turned to look at the night sky before replying to her. “It’s nothing. You shouldn’t be thinking about that”

 

“I know but it’s bugging me. I can’t help but to think that there’s something going on between you and Boa” His heart sunk after hearing what she said. She’s half right about that but he thought that lying would be better than to let her know the truth because he knows she won’t bear it.

 

“There’s nothing to worry about…It’s getting late, you should go to bed now.” He kissed her forehead and stood up. He looked at her and bit his lip in guilt. When he saw that she’s still staying in her position, he started to walk away from her.

 

“Jae” She suddenly called and he turned around. “I’ll be meeting them tomorrow. Do you want to come?”

 

“I’ll pass” He uttered and turned his back from her, heading towards his room. He pulled out his phone in his pocket and searched for her picture, but it soon got into him that he deleted it a while ago. “Tch” He lay on his bed and stared at the ceiling.

 

“I really want to see you” And with that, tears formed at the corner of his eyes.