Busted

Life

“Yah Niel hyung~” whined Changhyun. “Let me play with the dog for a while”

“It’s not my fault he doesn’t want to play with you” chuckled Niel and continued to play with this cute little dog they found in the garden.
Changhyun sighed and gave up on it. He sat on the bench that was in front of the house and watched Niel play with the dog.

“Have you seen Niel?” suddenly someone asked Changhyun. The boy looked up and saw Minsoo staring at him. “Have you seen him?” Minsoo repeated.

“Uh… yeah” Changhyun nodded. “He’s in the garden playing with a dog”

“Okay, thanks” smiled Minsoo and ran towards Niel.
The two boys started talking, but Changhyun couldn’t hear what they were talking about. He was too far away from them so he just stared at their facial expressions. First they were serious and then Niel smiled, probably because Minsoo told him he loved him, and then the two boys hugged.
Changhyun smiled when that happened.
After their hug Minsoo gave Niel a big kiss on the lips. Changhyun smiled at that as well. He was glad that the two of them worked whatever it was between them. The boy then sighed for the 50th time today. He looked down and thought about Jonghyun. He furrowed his eyebrows. Changhyun wanted to have with Jonghyun what Niel and Minsoo had.

“I guess that will never happen” mumbled Changhyun and looked up. He didn’t even notice the person sitting beside him.

“What won’t happen?” suddenly the still unknown person asked. As soon as he asked that Changhyun jumped a little surprised.

“J-jonghyun…” said Changhyun and widened his eyes. “When did you come here?”

“A second ago. I saw you sitting here alone so I decided to come” smiled Jonghyun.

“Oh… okay” nodded Changhyun. “It’s really boring here” he suddenly said.

“Yeah I know…I… I have something to tell you” smiled Jonghyun. His heart was beating too fast. He felt like it will jump out of his chest any minute now. Right now Jonghyun wanted to tell Changhyun how much he loved him and that he was a big fool in the past, but something or rather someone stopped him.

“Get in the house, now!” said Minsoo and dragged the two boys in the house. Niel followed him. As soon as they entered the house Minsoo called for Chanhee. “Chanhee! Hurry up downstairs” he yelled and dragged Changhyun and Jonghyun to their room. “Stay here and don’t come out until I tell you so. Okay? If you get out this room I will never forgive myself or you two” he said and left. The two boys nodded their heads and the last thing they saw before the door was shut was a crying Chanhee.

“W-what’s happening?” asked Changhyun scared and looked at his friend.

“I don’t know” said Jonghyun and went towards the window. There he saw a car but he couldn’t see the three men that stepped out of the car. There was a big tree in front of the house that was in his way to see the men. “Fudge” he furrowed his eyebrows and turned around to look at Changhyun.
The boy was so scared. His eyes were still widened. “Hey” said Jonghyun gently and went towards his hyung. “Minsoo put me with you in this room for a reason, right?” he smiled softly and grabbed Changhyun’s hand. He guarded him to the bed and they both sat down. “Minsoo hyung will be back and he’ll tell us what’s wrong. Just calm down”

“He was just so scary… and Chanhee hyung was crying. Why was he crying?” asked Changhyun concerned.

“I’m sure they’ll explain everything to us soon” Jonghyun then hugged the shorter boy.

~~

“What the hell hyung?” yelled Jonghyun as soon as Minsoo explained everything. “Why didn’t you tell us that there were Korean soldiers crawling all over the town?” he yelled again.

“Because I didn’t want to upset you” yelled Minsoo back. “I really thought that we’ll be safe here in this farm but I guess they really want to find us” he sighed.

“How did you get rid of them?” asked Changhyun quietly.

“Chanhee told them that he have seen us on the other side of the town. I called for him earlier because they’re not looking for him” explained Minsoo.

“We could had left this place too, right away if you could have told us about it… This is a big risk” said Jonghyun. “They could have searched the whole house and then what?”

“But they didn’t! So shut up” yelled Minsoo. “We have to stay together. I know you’re mad at me but all I did was try to protect you all. I’m sorry for trying” said Minsoo and left the room.

After Minsoo left the other boy just kept quiet.