Again

Life

“Can I talk to you Minsoo hyung?” asked Niel and got out of the room, leaving Chanhee and Changhyun alone. Minsoo quickly followed him as well.

“What is it? Is Changhyun okay by the way?” the tall boy asked worriedly.

“Um… he’ll be fine, I guess” spoke Niel. “I wanted to talk about us” he finally made some eye contact with Minsoo.

“We don’t have time for that now. We have to come up with some plan-“ started Minsoo, finding some kind of excuse.

“Exactly. We don’t have time. I know we already talked about this feeling I have… “

“That you’re not real?” asked Minsoo.

“Yes and… I can’t help but to feel that way right now, so I was thinking that… I’ll go first”

“Go where…?” asked Minsoo confused. Deep inside of him he kind of knew the answer but didn’t want to admit it. He didn’t want to admit that his beloved one was going towards suicide.

“Outside…to-“

“No” Minsoo cut him off. “I’m not letting you do that. You’re not going to kill yourself because the rest of us. What is wrong with you?”

“But if I’m their invention…”

“You are not! I firmly believe in that, so now you believe in me. The plan is we go together or no one goes” said Minsoo. “By the way I heard you talking to Changhyun earlier… you promised him that you will be there for him because now Jonghyun is gone… You want to break that promise and let him get hurt … again?”

“N-no…” sighed Niel. “I don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t understand anything what’s happening and I don’t even know myself… you all found yourself and now it’s just … me”

“Niel” whispered Minsoo and hugged him. “I promise you that in the real world you too have someone crying for you right now. I’ve met their inventions, they’re nothing like you. They don’t have emotions, they don’t feel. The lady who cut your hair was their invention. Maybe you didn’t notice her but I was living with her and believe me when I say this, you’re nothing like them”

“That doesn’t really help me much”

“When all this is over, you will wake up and remember everything” smiled Minsoo and kissed him. “Let’s go back. We have to come up with a plan… how to die” sighed Minsoo and grabbed Niel’s hand.

~~

“I’m sorry for your lost Changhyun…” said Chanhee and sat down next to the other boy.

“Thank you” said Changhyun quietly and continued looking down.

“I know how hard it is… The same people killed my parents as well… They… torn the whole house down to find me” sighed Chanhee. “My parents tried to protect me but it was all useless I guess… I hid under my bed and locked the room but that as well was useless too… I didn’t have my phone to call someone”

“I’m sorry. You must be really mad right now, as I am” finally Changhyun spoke.

“Yeah I’m mad at myself. For not having the phone next to me and for not being able to protect my mom and dad”

“Me too… I thought that we would be safe here. I should have said something about not coming here”

“Don’t blame yourself, that’s the worst thing you could do right now. Think about what Jonghyun would do in this situation” smiled Chanhee.

“He would… get us all out of here… probably… I don’t know. But what I do know is that he won’t be crying locked up in a room like I am now” chuckled Changhyun.

Chanhee was about to say something, but a noise they thought they would not hear interrupted him. It was a gunshot… again. Changhyun and Chanhee froze for a second. Someone was dead. When reality hit the two boys they ran outside the room and the only thing they saw was blood.