Way out

Life

“He wanted to tell me something” suddenly Changhyun said to Niel, remembering it.

“Tell you what? Something important?”

“I don’t know, that’s the thing… I can’t remember” Changhyun continued to cry and quickly hugged Niel. “He… he said something about love…” said Changhyun quietly.

“Love? … maybe he confessed?”

“Huh? N-no… he doesn’t love me. He doesn’t like guys at all, I know him…” Changhyun looked down. “But he promised. He promised that he will protect me. What am I suppose to do now trapped in here without him?” said Changhyun while crying. His tears didn’t stop rolling down his cheeks. His eyes were red and tired. “I just want to die as well” he yelled. “Nothing makes sense now! He’s not here… he’s not here” the boy kept repeating that while Niel was hugging him. He tried to hard not to cry as well, imagining losing Minsoo like that.

“You have me now, okay?” said Niel and looked into Changhyun’s puffy eyes. “We’ll find a way out of here, I promise… maybe… Jonghyun is alive… in the real world… maybe he will save us all” smiled Niel and wiped away Changhyun’s tears.

“That’s a lot of maybes” answered Changhyun.

“I’m… sorry”

~~

“The soldiers are all over the place” said Minsoo as he entered the room with Chanhee. “We’re surrounded”

“What?” yelled Changhyun. “How did they find us anyway…?”

“I don’t know” Minsoo shook his head. “But I have a plan… it’s actually Jonghyun’s plan”

“What is it?” asked Niel.

“Well … he once told me that he had escaped this place, but they brought him back in. When you Chanhee died the first time here, Jonghyun was there with you and suddenly he was back in the real world with you. He told me that you were badly injured and that he tried to escape… but couldn’t and the next thing he knew he was in the truck with you guys” he looked at Niel and Changhyun.

“So… your plan is to… get killed?”

“I think that’s their plan too. They are sending the soldiers here to kill us and end the program, but what happens after that … I really don’t know” sighed Minsoo. “Jonghyun told me that they tried to save Chanhee after his death here, but he also told me that his death was a mistake. It was Jonghyun who was suppose to die back there, they wanted to get rid of him just as they wanted to get rid of me, after the both of us found out the truth”

“I remember now” suddenly Chanhee said. “I blocked the way and got killed instead… back then I thought that this was the real world and that Jonghyun was my childhood friend so that is why I wanted to save him” said Chanhee.

“I think that your plan is really risky” suddenly Niel spoke. “We don’t know what’s waiting for us after that”

“We don’t have other choice” said Changhyun. “Jonghyun, Minsoo and Chanhee hyung are right”

“Let’s just think about it” said Niel.

“It’s the only way Niel. This was our back up plan, to me and Jonghyun… we really thought that we could get out of here in some other way but… we haven’t find that way” said Minsoo. “The soldiers are out to get us for some reason- to kill us. After that we all will be back and they will probably kill us again… in the real world that is… That will probably be the end of this sick project”

“But maybe they will brainwash us and bring us back to our old lifes…Like nothing ever happened” said Chanhee.

“He’s right” Niel widened his eyes. “They can’t risk killing us… They kidnapped us, the bodies are gone, and we all are probably reported missing, not killed. After getting back they will drug us, make us forget everything so that we don’t tell anyone about this project”

“But if they risked kidnapping us, why not risk killing us?” asked Chanhee. He looked down. “They already killed my parents when they were out to get me… they knew me and my life. We were all planned to be kidnapped. These people are dangerous”

“So… the only way out for us is… death?” said Changhyun.