Fixed

Life

“Two of us died … in one day” said Changhyun weakly and sighed. “I hope I don’t remember all this when I wake up. What am I even talking about, I don’t even know if I will wake up”

Minsoo, Changhyun and Chanhee were in the same room, sitting on the floor, while Daniel’s body was still on the bed, covered with a white sheet. 

“What are we going to do?” asked Chanhee worriedly. “I can’t see any more deaths… “

“What’s the point of all of this?” yelled Changhyun. “We know that at the end we will all die. The house is surrounded and we are unarmed”

“I am so scared” said Chanhee quietly.

Minsoo didn’t say anything. He kept listening to these boys and was thinking of a plan. “Jonghyun…” he finally spoke up. “He said he came back when someone next to him died… The two of them died near us and nothing happened… So… how did he come back?”

“Maybe they brought him back” suggested Chanhee.

“That doesn’t make sense. When he woke up he told me that those men were shocked to see him awake like that and they drugged him again. It means that they didn’t do anything to bring him back”

“Maybe it was some kind of a mistake” spoke Changhyun.

“Like the drugs didn’t work on him”

“But he was here the whole time… he didn’t disappear again” said Minsoo. “He said that he saw machines attacked to his body. Those machines provide the body with those drugs”

“Maybe the machines got broken or there weren’t any drugs, so that caused him to wake up”

“That might be it… but still it’s an outside job. We can’t do anything about it” sighed Minsoo.

Suddenly a loud noise was heard coming from downstairs. The soldiers have entered the house. The boys were terrified when they heard them. “What are we going to do?” asked Changhyun.

“They will find us for sure. There’s no use of hiding” said Chanhee.

“No- AH” suddenly Minsoo screamed. The two boys got shocked, they thought he was shot again, but he wasn’t. The boy was in some kind of pain. He grabbed his back and screamed. “What’s going on?” he yelled in pain. “My back hurts” he barely spoke.

The two boys lifted his shirt and saw those marks they all have. His marks were getting redder than usual. “Those men are doing something to him. Maybe they’re ending the program in some other way” said Chanhee. As he said that Minsoo fell down and closed his eyes. There was no pulse either.

~~

“You woke up the first time because of… lack of drugs? What?” asked Byunghun, confused. “I thought that… that will kill you”

“I guess not” replied Jonghyun. “So what do we do? In that way the boys can wake up alive”

“Well… these machines are being attacked to your back and that is the way drugs go into your body” said Byunghun. “By suddenly removing the machine… it will probably kill you, but by removing the drug inside will work out well” he said. “When you woke up that time, was because they forgot to put the drugs into the machine, again. Your body used all the drugs and that caused you to wake up” explained Byunghun.

“We should do that to the others”

“Yeah…” sighed Byunghun. “I don’t know how… The orders on the computer will be quicker than to wait for the machine to turn off”

“You don’t know?” Jonghyun was surprised.

“I will try, okay? Wait here” said Byunghun and left the room. Couple of minutes later he came back to the room with some instruments that he needed to open the machine. “The only thing I don’t know is how that drug looks like… What kind of substance is it?” he sighed and opened up the machine. “Here we go”

“It’s fluid. I saw it. You won’t miss it” smiled Jonghyun.

“Do you know him?” asked Byunghun as he was working on the machine. The machine he was working on was attached Minsoo.

“Yes” smiled Jonghyun. “We were supposed to come up with a plan together. He was the first one to remember his real self” he said.

“Well… I hope I don’t kill him now” said Byunghun before removing the drugs from the machine. As soon as he did that the other machines started doing a beeping noise. Byunghyun gasped then called for help. When a doctor came the beeping sound stopped and Minsoo opened his eyes. He furrowed his eyebrows when he saw people in the room. He scanned all of them and then his eyes met with Jonghyun’s eyes.

“Hyung” yelled Jonghyun and came up to him.