Gone

Life

The present

“They shot us” said Minsoo and held Niel’s wound tight. Niel was shot near the heart while Minsoo was shot on the arm. Changhyun and Chanhee gasped and quickly grabbed Niel’s body to the room. Minsoo followed them as well.

“There’s so much blood” Changhyun started to shake at the sight of Niel. The bed sheets were all red now, the carpet too. Changhyun looked at his arms and clothes, he was covered in Niel’s blood as well.

“Give me the sheets!” yelled Chanhee to Changhyun. Chanhee was putting pressure on the wound, trying to stop the bleeding. Minsoo on the other hand was pressing his wound on the arm. He didn’t look or feel good either. He was getting dizzy when suddenly someone spilled water on his face.

“Give me your arm” said Chanhee. Minsoo did as told and closed his eyes. “Open your eyes” the boy screamed.

“I… Can’t” said Minsoo weakly.

“You lost too much blood…” said Chanhee quietly and quickly took care of his arm.

Couple of hours had passed and the two shot boys were laying on the beds. Changhyun was looking out for Minsoo and Chanhee was with Niel.

“Changhyun” suddenly Chanhee said. “I can’t get a pulse” he started to panic. “He’s dead” he looked at Niel. His face was white and his lips were blue from the blood loss. Chanhee sat down on the ground and placed his hands on his head. Suddenly tears started falling down. “I did my best you know” he said to Changhyun.
The younger one nodded in understanding and sat next to Chahee. He hugged him and two boys started to cry. “What did we do to deserve this?” he asked quietly.

“Is Niel okay?” suddenly Minsoo woke up. That was the first thing he asked. He tried to get up but couldn’t. He lacked energy because of the blood loss, but thank god he’s still alive.
The boy noticed Chanhee and Changhyun on the floor, hugging each other and crying. Then he moved his head towards the bed next to his. There he saw Niel. Minsoo widened his eyes and started to cry as well. The message was clear… Niel was gone.

“Niel…”

“Minsoo hyung, I’m so sorry” cried Chanhee and sat down on Minsoo’s bed. Minsoo only nodded and hid his face. He was crying.
Changhyun got up from the ground and sat on the bed as well. He suddenly hugged Minsoo and whispered something in his ear. “I know” he said.

~~

“Daniel has been killed” yelled the boy. “Byunghun!” he yelled again and ran in the other room.

“Is he okay?” asked Byunghun and ran inside that room as well. When he entered the people inside were panicking and the machines surrounding Daniel were beeping really loudly. Byunghun got shocked and widened his eyes.

“He’s been shot near the heart” the boy said to Byunghun.

“Call a surgeon” yelled Byunghun. He’s going to need a surgery, right?” he asked concerned.

“Of course” the boy said and pulled Byunghun out.

Three surgeons came and went inside the room, leaving Byunghun outside. They didn’t let him get in, so they locked the door as well.

“It’s all my fault” said Byunghun and kneeled down. He placed his hands on his face and started to cry.

“Byunghun… you heard what Jonghyun said. Those people had been watching them all along. They were planning this for months, maybe years. Don’t blame yourself”

“I was supposed to protect him” said Byunghun quietly.

“He will be fine. Those are the best surgeons over there” the boy said.

“That really doesn’t make me feel better” said Byunghun and got up. He started walking like a mad man, not knowing what to do. He suddenly heard Jonghyun calling for him.

“Hyung” yelled Jonghyun, but then sighed. He was left in the room alone. He didn’t know what was happening and he wanted to find out.

“Yes?” Byunghun quickly came.

“What’s- Are you crying?” he was about to ask him what was going on, but then he noticed Byunghun’s red eyes.

“Uh a little” he chuckled and wiped away his tears.

“How’s… Niel hyung?”

“You mean Daniel? … He’s… I don’t know” Byunghun shook his head. “He has been shot near the heart, he’s in surgery now”

“Oh… He’ll be fine hyung. Just believe in him. Daniel hyung will pull through” said Jonghyun and hugged Byunghun.

“Thank you” smiled Byunghun. “Your chart?” he suddenly saw a piece of paper on the floor. He got up and picked the paper up. “I’ve been searching for this” he sighed and scanned it with his eyes. “You woke up the first time because of… lack of drugs? What?”