Death for...

Life

“Changhyun!” yelled Chanhee. “He’s dead” the boy then started to cry.

“Oh my god…” Changhyun started to panic. “How did he die? … They’re not here, are they?” the boy started to look around.

“That’s it” said Chanhee, he looked mad. “I’m going”

“What? Are you insane? They will kill you”

“Yeah, that’s the idea” said Chanhee and tried to open the door but Changhyun stopped him.

“No, you can’t do this!”

“Changhyun! Open your eyes! Everyone is dead and the two of us will be dead soon” yelled Chanhee. “They’re coming for us, there is no other way”

“B-but that’s … suicide”

“Everything is suicide right now!” he said and opened the door.

“Wait!” called out Changhyun and quickly closed the door. “You said that his marks are redder than ours and that they are trying to end this program with some other way, right?”

“Yeah, so?”

“Well isn’t better dying like Minsoo than being shot at. Jonghyun mentioned that you were badly injured when you were shot the first time… and that they barely saved you”

“What do you want us to do now? Even if we wait for them to shut the project, the soldiers will find us”

As soon as Chanhee said that they heard some noises in the hallway, outside their room.

“The attic”

The room they were in had a door who led to the attic. The two boys opened the door and a staircase fell down. They quickly went upstairs and closed the door, hoping that the soldiers won’t find them.

~~

 “Hyung” Daniel called out weakly. Minsoo and Byunghun quickly turned their attention to him. “I love you so much” said Daniel and started to cry.

“Huh?” Jonghyun was confused.

Daniel has just woken up. He said those words, started to cry and then suddenly fell asleep again.

“W-what just happened?” asked Minsoo.

“He’s sleeping” replied Byunghun. “Look… he’s fine, you two wait here and call me as quickly as possible when he wakes up”

“Where are you going?”

“…To save your other two friends” said Byunghun and gave Jonghyun an are-you-an-idiot look.

“Of course… I’ll come with you”

Byunghun and Jonghyun ran towards the room where Changhyun and Chanhee were.

“Can I try? I want them to wake up at the same time. I don’t want Changhyun or Chanhee hyung to be left alone there”

“Oh… um sure” nodded Byunghun and went towards Chanhee’s machine. “Just do what I tell you and don’t rush things”

“Of course” nodded Jonghyun and opened the machine. He raised his brow when he saw so many buttons and wires. “I promised I will save him” he whispered and followed Byunghun’s orders.

The two boys were working at the same time. They were going step by step. The final step was removing the drug. The drug was place in a circled bowl at the end of the machine. Byunghun managed to take it out and quickly called a doctor for Chanhee. Jonghyun on the other hand didn’t.

“It’s stuck” he yelled and started to panic.

“How do you mean it’s stuck?” asked Byunghun confused.

“I can’t get it out”

“Calm down. Let me see” said Byunghun and took a look at the machine. “There seems to be something holding the bowl… It looks… frozen? What the hell? The drug has leaked and went from a liquid to a solid aggregate state”

“How can we fix it?” asked Jonghyun.

“…I’m afraid I don’t know”