Surprise

Life

 

“So… hyung…” started Niel. Minsoo and Niel were still eating in the dining room. “Why are we going in China?” he asked the older boy.

“Well it doesn’t really matter where we go… what only matter is for us to leave Korea” sighed Minsoo and continued with his eating. Niel only nodded at that and starred outside the window. It started being awkward again between the two boys. First Jonghyun and Changhyun yelling at each other and crying and now an awkward silence.
Minsoo noticed that something was bothering Niel so he stopped eating and looked at the boy. “Everything is going to be fine” he smiled at him. Niel nodded again and flushed him a little smile. He looked insecure about all of it. God knows if he was an invention or a real human outside this nightmare. Niel was scared, but he managed not to show it to Minsoo.

“Minsoo!” suddenly his mother called out. “Couple of soldiers are coming this way. I think some of the neighbors had seen these boys from the poster” she said concerned. Minsoo widened his eyes in shock and quickly stood up. He grabbed Niel’s hand and went towards Changhyun’s and Jonghyun’s room. He opened the door and saw the two of them sitting in silence.

“They’re here. We have to hide” said Minsoo and dragged the other two boys out of the room. The four of them went in Minsoo’s room to hide.

“W-where are we going to hide?” asked Changhyun as he was about to start crying again.

“Here” was the only thing Minsoo said before removing the carpet. There they all saw a little door on the ground. “I made this when I escaped because I knew they would be looking for me” he said before opening the little door and letting the others go in. Changhyun and Jonghyun were the first ones to go in. It was Niel’s turn now but he was standing there frozen. He was looking at the door concerned. “Niel come on!” called Minsoo.

“Oh… right” Niel finally came back into reality and went inside. Few seconds later Minsoo followed him.

“Oh my god what are we going to do if they find us?” panicked Changhyun.

“They’re not going to find us” said Jonghyun.

Suddenly the boys heard some noise coming from above them. The soldiers had entered the house. They were looking for the boys everywhere. Luckily Minsoo’s mother had put the carpet back on so they won’t see the little door.
Niel gasped as soon as he heard the soldiers in Minsoo’s room. The noises were pretty loud. They were moving everything, well except the carpet.

“Are you okay Niel?” suddenly Minsoo asked and held his hand.

“Um… y-yes, I’m fine”

“You don’t look fine. I told you everything is going to be okay. We’re leave as soon as they leave. We’ll get some fake IDs and fly to China” Minsoo smiled at him.

“Yeah…” nodded Niel and smiled a little.

“Come here” said the older one and hugged Niel. The younger boy widened his eyes, a little shocked, but soon he hugged his hyung as well.
Niel’s head was placed on Minsoo’s chest that he was able to hear his hyung’s heartbeat. It was so steady and calm. Niel wondered how in the world could he be so calm in a situation like this.
“You know… I have these strange but good feelings whenever I’m with you” chuckled Minsoo. “I know I’ve known you for only one day but there’s something about you that makes me go crazy” he said. “Aish I don’t know” said Minsoo and his heart started beating faster. Niel noticed that and smiled a little.

“Aish Niel just say you like him too” suddenly Jonghyun said.

“W-what… I…” Niel quickly escaped from Minsoo’s hug and started to blush.

“Just say it hyung” added Changhyun.

“I…” Niel looked down. He was embarrassed from the two of them. Niel felt their eyes on him that he blushed even more. “I like you hyung” he finally said after a long pause. As soon as Niel said that he covered his red face and faced the other way. He didn’t want to make any eye contact with anyone especially with Minsoo.

“Really Niel?” chuckled Minsoo and pulled the boy closer to him. Niel only nodded while still covering his red face. Minsoo slowly removed his hands and smiled at him. The two of them were about to kiss when suddenly the door opened, causing them all to look up.

“They’re gone!” it was Minsoo’s mother.