Hurt

Life

“If you want I’ll change seats with Niel hyung” said Jonghyun and looked at his friend that was sitting beside him. The four of them and Chanhee were now on the plane to China.
Chanhee asked Niel if he could sit next to Minsoo so now Niel is sitting next to some old man. Changhyun was looking at Niel the whole time. He didn’t know what to do or why the boy said yes to Chanhee. Jonghyun noticed that and sighed. He looked over at Niel and saw that the boy wasn’t looking so good as before.
“Did you hear me?” he asked Changhyun.

“Huh? Oh no, you don’t have to” replied Changhyun quietly. Jonghyun only nodded and looked across from his seat. He noticed that Chanhee was gone so he used this chance to talk to Minsoo or more like yell at him.

“You’re an idiot, you know that, right?” he said as he sat down next to his hyung.

“Excuse me?” Minsoo asked confused.

“You kissed that guy on the lips, you ignored Niel and now you left him alone” said Jonghyun, trying not to yell.

“But Chanhee is alive” he smiled.

“I thought you didn’t love him anymore”

“I… I don’t, it’s just… I’ve missed him and you told me he was dead”

“He was, in this world. I saw him attached to some machines. He was badly injured. This must be some kind of their plan to get to us. They’re using Chanhee”

“No, they can’t use him”

“Then how do you explain all this? How did he find us? It’s all set up. It has to be” he said. “Now go talk to Niel” Jonghyun hit Minsoo’s arm. “He’s hurt, you know” he said and got up. Jonghyun went back to his seat while Minsoo thought about what Jonghyun said.
Minsoo looked behind to see if Chanhee was coming. He didn’t even know where the boy went. He saw that he wasn’t there so he called over Niel.

“Niel-ah” Minsoo raised his voice a little. Niel looked at him with a confused expression. “Come sit next to me” he motioned with his hands and Niel got up.

“What?” he asked him.

“Sit next to me” smiled Minsoo.

“I thought your boyfriend was sitting next to you” Niel rolled his eyes.

“Yah he’s not my boyfriend” Minsoo furrowed his eyebrows and pulled Niel to sit down. “I’m sorry for what I did” he sighed. “I just haven’t seen him for a while… he was kidnapped before me. When I read the letter he wrote to me before they took him away… I was devastated.”

“I understand hyung… he was your friend. I can never replace him”

“Replace? Niel-ah you’re the one I love” smiled Minsoo.

“Hyung…” Niel looked down.

“What is it?” Minsoo got concerned.

“Did you ever thought about… waking up from this nightmare and not finding me next to you?” he asked and looked Minsoo straight in the eye.

“What do you mean?”

“I might not be real. You all remember things but… I don’t remember anything” his voice cracked as he was trying hard not to cry. “M-Maybe I’m one of their inventions”

“Don’t think like that” Minsoo quickly hugged him. “You’re real. You have to be real. Don’t ever say that you’re not” he looked at Niel and kissed him.

“Um I was sitting there” suddenly Chanhee interrupted them.

“This is Niel’s seat” said Minsoo.

Jonghyun saw that and smiled. He was glad that Minsoo made things better between him and Niel.
He accidently overheard what they were talking about too. Jonghyun heard about Niel not being real. That made him think about his feelings towards Changhyun.
He looked over to his friend and noticed that Changhyun was sleeping.

 “I love you Changhyun” he mumbled and closed his eyes.