Losing him

Life

“Are you mad?” asked Changhyun quietly. He and Jonghyun were outside. Jonghyun was frustrated of what Minsoo had done. He was walking around nervously and Changhyun was just staring at him worriedly.

“Of course I’m mad” answered Jonghyun and sighed. “He shouldn’t had done that”

“He was trying to protect us”

“So you’re on his side now, huh?” he chuckled and shook his head.

“Jonghyun-ah… I know you want to be the leader here but… Minsoo is older and he’s not the bad guy. You two can’t be fighting in a situation like this” said Changhyun and came closer to his friend. “Minsoo is right, we have to stay together. Now go inside and apologize”

“I’m not going to apologize” Jonghyun rolled his eyes. “I don’t care what he thinks. I have the right to know if I’m going to die soon” 

“Jonghyun, come on~ Don’t do this now. Don’t be so stubborn”

“Fine” sighed Jonghyun. “I’m going to apologize later, I need to clear my head first” he said and went towards the meadow.

“I’m coming with you” smiled Changhyun and ran towards the younger one.

“O-okay” nodded Jonghyun and tried not to show Changhyun how happy he was right now.

~~

“Did you find anything? Were you able to hack into the system and stop the orders?” asked Byunghun the boy who was on the computer.

“No, their security system is really… different. It’s weird” the boy answered and looked at Byunghun. “I don’t even know where to start, it’s so complicated” he shook his head.

“What are we going to do…” mumbled Byunghun and looked at the bodies who were attached to those deadly machines in the other room. “I have to save him…” he sighed and looked at the boy who was on the computer. “Don’t bother… Let their orders go through… I guess we’ll risk everyone’s lifes… even ours” said Byunghun and left the room.
The other boy only nodded and stopped trying to hack the system.

~~

“Yah Jonghyun” called Changhyun. “Can we talk?”

“About what?” gulped Jonghyun. He was scared that Changhyun would bring the ‘love’ topic again. He felt guilty and hurt at the same time that he didn’t tell his friend his true feelings. Jonghyun wanted to yell the three words so badly but something was stopping him. A little piece of him thought that it would be wrong. He thought that Changhyun will be hurt again and think that his friend was playing with him.
Jonghyun prayed from the inside that Changhyun will want to talk about something else.

“About… the kidnapping” said Changhyun. When he said those words Jonghyun was relieved. “I never talked about it… I just want to get it out” 

“Okay, I’m listening” Jonghyun smiled sweetly and sat down on the grass. Changhyun nodded and sat down as well.

“You were kidnapped first… That day when you went missing was… really awful. It was the worst day of my life. The police even found evidence that you committed suicide. I didn’t believe that of course. I saw the letter that you left and luckily it wasn’t your signature or your hand writing. Obviously those people were stupid… “

“A letter?” asked Jonghyun surprised. “What did it said?”

“It said that… You life has been so hard and that you had decided to kill yourself. It also said that the police shouldn’t bother looking for your body” answered Changhyun. “It was so stupid and unbelievable. But luckily me and your parents convinced the police to carry on with their investigation and that the letter was fake and that maybe… you were still alive” Changhyun’s eyes now started to get a little teary. He was about to cry. Obviously it was so hard for him to talk about it, but still he wanted to let all the pain out.

“The next day at 1 am exactly… I was taken away… I didn’t know that those were the same people until I saw your body, lying on a bed” now the boy started to cry. He didn’t care anymore if he’ll get embarrassed or what not.

“You saw my body?” Jonghyun widened his eyes. His heart started to beat so fast out of fear. He noticed that his friend was crying so he hugged him real tight.

“I-I… I started to scream your name when I saw you… But they took me to another room. They have been planning to kidnap me too… T-They told me that” his voice cracked. “They have been following me and writing about my everyday routine… it was so… scary and creepy”

“I never knew you went through all that. I am so sorry Changhyun” said Jonghyun and didn’t even notice that he was crying now too.
The two boys looked at each other eyes and didn’t say a word anymore. It was quiet between them for a while. Jonghyun suddenly broke the comfortable silence.

“Changhyun… I love y-“ the boy suddenly froze. His eyes widened in terror and screamed out of pain. He didn’t even finish his sentence he longed to say so much before he fell into Changhyun’s arms.
The first second Changhyun was confused but as soon as he saw the blood on Jonghyun’s back, he understood everything. The soldiers are here and the boy he loved was dying in his arms.

“JONGHYUN! NO! WAKE UP! YOU CAN’T LEAVE ME AGAIN” he yelled and started to cry. He was shaking Jonghyun’s cold body hoping that he will open his eyes once again.