Why?

Life

 

 

“Yah Niel hyung~ Stop it” laughed Changhyun.

“What are you guys doing?” suddenly someone from behind these two boys asked. It was Jonghyun. He just entered the room and stared at Niel and Changhyun with a raised eyebrow. The two boys were getting the table set for breakfast while Minsoo and his mother were making the breakfast. Jonghyun was the last one to wake up.
After asking that, Niel stopped tickling Changhyun and left the room. Changhyun only looked at the younger boy and then continued with his work. “Let me help” insisted Jonghyun and went towards his friend.

“I don’t need your help” said Changhyun coldly and went in the kitchen. Jonghyun only sighed and shook his head. He pulled out a chair and sat down.
As he sat down Niel popped in his head and looked around to see if those two were talking or fighting. Changhyun had told him everything. From loving Jonghyun to getting kidnapped. Niel surprisingly understood him.
The boy looked around and only saw Jonghyun sitting alone. He sighed and joined him.

“Hey” Niel sat down next to him with a smile.

“Hey Niel…” sighed Jonghyun, sounding annoyed.

“I know what’s wrong with him”

“You do?” suddenly Jonghyun faced Niel. At that Niel only chuckled and nodded. “Tell me. I have to fix all this”

“You can’t fix anything if you don’t love him back. If you don’t have those feelings just leave him alone. He’s really hurt”

“…Oh”

“I’m really sorry Changjo…”

“It’s Jonghyun” whispered Jonghyun.

“Oh right… sorry” nodded Niel. It was silent for a while. Niel watched as Jonghyun only stared in emptiness. He was in deep thoughts. He furrowed his eyebrows at the thought of Changhyun never speaking to him again. Niel noticed that he was frustrated and just patted his shoulder. “He’ll be fine just give him some space”

“…Yeah, of course” nodded Jonghyun and soon Minsoo and Changhyun joined the two boys.

~~

“I heard that Niel already knows everything” Minsoo spoke. The others just nodded while eating. “I have an idea how to leave Korea” after that the three boys stopped eating and looked at Minsoo. “I’ll make us fake IDs. We’re going after breakfast”

“Are you sure this will work?” asked Jonghyun. “Isn’t it too risky?”

“This is not real Jonghyun, what is there to risk”

“Okay, you’re right…” nodded Jonghyun.

“At exactly 10 am we’re going to leave and then tonight we’ll catch a flight to China, okay?” asked Minsoo and again everyone nodded.

~~

“Pass me the bread” said Jonghyun and looked at Changhyun. Jonghyun was sitting across from Changhyun and he couldn’t reach the bread so he politely asked Changhyun to do it.
When he asked that Changhyun only ignored him. “Could you please give me the bread?” Jonghyun raised his voice a little. But Changhyun ignored him again. “Are you ing deaf?” the boy raised his voice even more.

“Don’t ing yell at me!” yelled Changhyun and got up. He looked at Jonghyun with teary eyes. “I want you to leave me alone and that means that you can’t speak to me!” he continued to yell while tears were rolling down his cheeks. “And it means that I’m not going to pass your bread” said Changhyun and left the room. Niel looked at him concerned but didn’t follow him coz he knew he would explode even more to him. Minsoo only sat there confused from all of this. Jonghyun on the other hand only sighed. He shook his head and got up. He went in his and Changhyun’s room and locked the door after him. There he saw Changhyun curled up in a ball, crying. Jonghyun’s heart ached when he saw his friend like this. Hours ago Changhyun was called Ricky and he was shy and cheerful boy, but now everything is the opposite.

“I’m sorry” said Jonghyun. He stood in the centre of the room. He didn’t know what to say or do. Changhyun heard him but continued with his crying. He didn’t say anything either. His sobs were everything that the two of them heard. Jonghyun sighed and sat down on the bed.

“Go away” suddenly Changhyun said.

“No!” Jonghyun raised his voice. He grabbed Changhyun’s hand and made him face him. The boy tried to cover his face with his hands, but it was useless. Jonghyun was too strong. “I am so sorry for being so stupid, so clueless, such an idiot… and I’m sorry for yelling at you. I know I shouldn’t have done that. So now… I’m going to finally leave you alone, you won’t hear a word from me and when we’ll arrive in China I’ll disappear from your sight.” Said Jonghyun and got up. He was about to leave but something grabbed his hand. It was Changhyun. Jonghyun was confused so he just sat down on the bed again and looked at the other boy. Changhyun was looking down, avoiding making any eye contact.

“You don’t have to leave… you have to just understand that I need some time to clear my thoughts… I don’t hate you and you don’t have to leave when we’ll arrive in China… But I just want to know two things…”

“What is it?” asked Jonghyun and finally made eye contact with his friend.

“Why did you find it funny kissing me and … why did you kiss me?”