Secrets

Life

“Is something bothering you?” asked Byunghun.

“Huh?” Daniel was surprised.

The two of them went out couple of days later. They were in a cake shop, eating some sweets. It was quiet between the two boys and it’s never quiet. Because of that Byunghun asked Daniel what was bothering him. Daniel on the other hand didn’t know how to ask Byunghun what was wrong with him… he wasn’t even sure if something was up.

“You’re acting weird” said Byunghun.

“You’re acting weird!” shot back Daniel.

“What has gotten into you?” Byunghun got surprised.

“No, what’s wrong with you?”

“Huh?” Byunghun raised his eyebrow. “Nothing” he shook his head and ate his piece of cake.

“What’s been bothering me is that… obviously there’s something going on with you and you’re not telling me… I don’t like that” pouted Daniel and started playing with the fork he was holding.

“You’re mad?” chuckled Byunghun.

“Y-Yah! I want to know everything” yelled Daniel.

“Okay calm down” laughed Byunghun. “There’s nothing wrong with me and I’m not keeping anything from you. I promise”

“I still don’t believe you… And stop smiling like an idiot” demanded Daniel. “The past few days have been really… awkward… I’ve been trying to tell you things and you just keep quiet… You didn’t even want to heal my bruises from the fight yesterday”

“Is that it?” laughed Byunghun again. “There’s noth-“

“Shut up!” yelled Daniel. “That is a fake smile. Don’t lie to me in my face!”

As soon as he said that Byunghun’s smile disappear. He looked down and sighed. Something was up, but he couldn’t tell Daniel. “Okay” Byunghun finally spoke up. “I am keeping something from you and I intend to keep it that way”

“W-why?”

“Because… It will ruin everything” Byunghun said quietly, hoping that Daniel didn’t hear him, but he did.

“We can get through it” said Daniel.

“Maybe you will, but I won’t so don’t push me! Maybe… I will tell you… someday, but not now!” said Byunghun and got up. “I’ll go pay the bill” he sighed.
When he paid the bill he left the cake shop without saying a goodbye to Daniel. The other boy saw him leaving without him so he left as well. There was something in his head and he questioned if it will be a risk to try it, but he did it anyways.

“Hyung” yelled Daniel when he left the shop.

“What?” asked Byunghun annoyed and turned around.

“I… think I know what’s all this about”

“No you don’t Daniel, just go home” sighed Byunghun and turned around.

“W-wait!” Daniel grabbed his hand and made him face him again.
Byunghun widened his eyes, he was shocked. “Can I show you?”

“Um… sure” nodded Byunghun. He didn’t have a clue what was going on. When he said that, Daniel smiled and pulled Byunghun away from the crowd. The two of them stopped at a dark alley where there were no people around. “What are we doing here?”

“Well I wanted to show you something”

“Show me what? Don’t play with me Daniel” Byunghun got angry.

“This” smiled Daniel and suddenly kissed his hyung. Byunghun was caught off guard, he started to blush. “That was my secret hyung” said Daniel. “I hope that was yours too” he smiled and looked at Byunghun.
The older one still couldn’t believe what was happening. He couldn’t speak, move or even breathe. Daniel noticed that and got worried. He thought that the kiss was maybe too much and it will ruin their relationship.  I was wrong. He thought and started to panic. “I… I’m sorry” said Daniel and bowed before his hyung. By the look of Byunghun’s face, Daniel thought that he had made a mistake, but he was wrong.

“Thank god” sighed Byunghun in relief.

“Huh?” Daniel looked up confused.

“You know my secret now, are you happy now?” he tried to look mad, but a chuckle escaped at the end.

“Oh my god” said Daniel and sighed in relief as well.