Back home

Starlight

After explaining the situation to her CEO, Subin was understandingly banned from any further activities which sadly included the show with VIXX. Since they had already filmed an episode with Subin clearly in it, they would have to scrap it and write a totally new episode without the JUNO girls. Even if none of them said it, Subin could see the anger in the girls eyes as she sat silently while their manager explained everything that was happening. Subin knew a lot was going on with Yoonji recently since she found out her best friend Sanha was admitted to the hospital for cancer treatment. But she couldn't find time to go to Yoonji and try to help her during this trying time, instead she had to be selfish and focus on herself for the time being.

When the meeting ended, Subin was brought back to her apartment where she would be locked away until the custody battle in six days. With heavy feet she climbed up the familiar stairs and to her apartment that seemed so much like a prison now that she had experienced the world for music. Her neighbour Mrs. Park was sitting on the couch braiding her littler girls hair as a child's cartoon softly played on the television. When they noticed she as there, she motioned towards Woobin's room and that is exactly where Subin headed first. She peaked her head into the room and peered down at a sleeping, innocent Woobin who had no idea he was going to be ripped from his sisters side because she wasn't good enough for him. Mrs. Park told her daughter it was nap time and sent her off to sleep in Subin's bed. When they were sure the children were asleep, the kind older woman allowed Subin to cry on her shoulder. She knew everything that was going on from the news and from Subin's mumblings as she cried herself dry.

It was then that Mrs. Park came up with a brilliant idea to become Woobin's permanent guardian since she had already been taking care of him and she promised to allow Subin to see him whenever she pleased. Subin didn't know if she could trust Mrs. Park, after all it has happened on more than one occasion where adoptive parents refuse the biological parents from seeing their child. But, she had no other choice. Subin agreed to Mrs. Park becoming Woobin's legal guardian and gave her the contact number for the lawyer and the court date information. After a few hours the children woke up and Mrs. Park took her daughter and headed back to her apartment where she would wait for further news from the lawyer and Subin. After a few minutes of silence to herself, Subin headed back to Woobin's room where she found him sitting at his little desk, drawing another picture he planned to add to his gigantic collection taking up most of the walls and all of the closet.

"Hey Woobin." Subin said as she sat on the edge of his bed. Woobin came over to her with the completed drawing in his hands, Subin lifted him up onto her lap and together they looked at the picture. "Who is this?" Subin pointed to the three people standing in the picture, one was a tall man with spiked hair, another was a woman with short hair and the final was a child in the middle.

"That's you, me and Leo hyung." Woobin said calmly as he rested his head in the nook of Subin's neck. She smiled and kissed his temple before looking at the room and seeing how so much had changed for them. Two years ago Subin was living with her abusive grandmother and Woobin in a small apartment, sleeping on old mattresses and eating food that was on the verge of expiration.  Now they had proper beds, new clothes and Woobin was smiling happily every day. This was the fruit of her labor and pain. This was her tears and sweat. This was every injury and days that never seemed to her and strangely Subin would have it no other way. She was the one making Woobin happy and she was the reason he could have a semi-normal childhood. If that meant staying up for days on end practicing until she bled, then that is what she would have to do. But she could not physically be there for him the way Mrs. Park could. He could be on the other side of the wall in a different building, under someone else's roof. But he would be happy and be around a normal family.  

During the middle of her thoughts there was a knocking on the door which shook her out of her dream like state. Subin lifted Woobin off of her lap and sat him back down at his desk and told him to draw her something pretty. She headed out of his room and looked out the peep hole to see if it were angry fans or her manager telling her that everything had blown over. It was none of those options, instead the person standing at her door was Leo who was staring right back at her. Subin opened the door and Leo stood there was a guilty look on his face.

"Can I come in?" He asked as he shoved his hands deep into his pockets as if that could help his nervousness. With a small nod Subin opened the door wider to allow her boyfriend access to her soon-to-be empty apartment. As Leo took a closer look at Subin, he could see her puffy, red eyes and pale complexion that reminded him of a ghost. "Oh Subin." He reached out to touch her face but she jerked away, almost smacking her head off of the wall in the hallway. Leo was shocked by her movement as was Subin. She shook her head and could feel a new wave of tears on the verge of release.

"Taekwoon....Taekwoon I....I don't know what to do..."  Subin was crumbling before him and all Leo could do was hold her in his arms. He brought her over to the couch and sat her down. All he wanted was to see her smile again, but she was so broken down that any sign of happiness had been washed away.

"I saw the pictures and I am SO sorry Subin...I didn't know the photographer was there. As soon as I saw it I tried to call you but....." Leo looked down to the coffee table and saw her phone cracked and broken but still intact, a reflection of its owner. "I asked my CEO to let me come out that we were dating instead but he won't let me...I'm so sorry Subin." He her hair as he tried to calm the trembling Subin who was slowly bringing her tears to an end. She looked up to her boyfriend who looked at her with loving, caring eyes. He was too good for her and she knew it. How he ever fell in love with her was still unknown to her.

"I'm the worst girlfriend ever." Subin moved slightly away from him and Leo started to panic. He wanted to be able to protect and care for Subin but she kept distancing herself from him. "First there's pictures of me running around with another guy plastered everywhere and now I'm losing Woobin. I'm just a mess." Subin pulled at her hair, trying to see if pain would wake her from this terrible nightmare that never ended.

"Losing Woobin? What do you mean?" Leo grabbed her wrists and forced her to let go of her hair. It was something that he had started to notice about her. Whenever she started to feel pressured or whenever she had to make a hard decision, she always took it out on her hair. Pulling it, ripping it out, braiding it within an inch of its life. Many forms of torture that Subin put her hair through and yet it still kept growing strong and beautiful.  

"I'm not a suitable guardian so they're taking him away from me." Subin flailed her arms in the air and reached to pull at her hair again but Leo took her hands. Just as Leo opened his mouth to say something else Woobin came out of his room and headed straight over to Leo. He held out his arms and Leo picked him up and placed him on his lap. Subin was trying to pull herself together so Woobin wouldn't have to see her life this.

"Look, it's noona." Woobin handed her the picture he drew and Subin took it, trying to stop any tears from falling onto the page. It was a large pink flower with stars surrounding it and a bright moon. Subin wanted to burst out crying again but held them in as she took Woobin's head in her hands and showered him in kisses.

-----------------------------

~Please comment~

BAD AUTHOR IS BAD

Sorry guise~

 OH SHYT o.o WE'VE BEEN SPOTTED!

 NOM NOM Leo strikes again!!

CUTE~

Leo likes puppies :D