Chapter Three

Captured

Minho paled as he felt the ship dancing on the waves.

'Crap' He uttered.

Hae, who had been focusing on the countless bruises and cuts on his best friend's body, looked up at the other's miserable state. 'Motion sickness?' He whispered.

Minho nodded weakly.

'You idiot.' Hae scolded, his words in contrast with the tender caress he gave Minho.

'Hae?'

'Hmmm?'

'What if the King is cruel?'

Hae smiled but Minho noticed how it didn't reach his eyes. 'He won't be.'

'You don't know that. What if he is some kind of psychopath. Or worse, a ert!' Minho outed.

'Then I'm screwed.' Hae chuckled.

'Not funny!' Minho slapped Hae on the arm.

'Stop worrying, all will be fine.' Hae soothed.

'I've been worrying about you since you fell off that slide in kindergarten.' Minho sighed.

Hae pouted. 'Yunho had pushed me too hard.'

Minho grinned. 'Oh he learned his lesson, alright.'

'Oh my god, you gave him that black eye, didn't you?' Hae shouted.

Minho rested his head in Hae's lap and looked up. 'You are too good for this world, my friend.'

'I can be bad.' Hae huffed.

Minho chuckled. 'Sure, Hae Hae.'

'Don't call me that, we aren't five anymore.'

'You could have fooled me.' Minho mumbled as he slowly fell asleep, completely forgetting his motion sickness.

 

The sun was about to set. The men on board were rubbing their filled tummies, some already dozing off, others still enjoying their rum.

Kangin had just checked upon Donghae and Minho. He shook his head as he still saw the images of the two friends clinging to each other even in their sleep.

'Troubles?' Top asked as Kangin passed his cell.

'Shut up, you filthy pirate.' Kangin growled.

Top chuckled. 'Yea being the king's lapdog is better.'

'Prepare to be hanged, you piece of scum.' Kangin spat at the pirate and left.

 

Hae woke up. His eyes widened as he felt a hand on his mouth.

'Whatever you do, don't struggle.' A voice warned.

His eyes quickly searched for Minho in the moonlit room.

'Don't worry, we won't harm your friend.' The voice whispered.

'But the friend might harm you!' Minho suddenly shouted and bit the man hard.

A yelp and cusses were heard.

The door was kicked open and a lamp lit up the room.

'What the hell, Top, Heechul wanted this to be a quiet attack!' Onew whined.

'That one bit me!' Top said, disbelief lacing his voice as he pointed at Minho.

Onew rolled his eyes. 'Grab the little one and let's go.'

'No one touches Hae!' Minho declared as he pushed his best friend behind him.

Canon shots blasted through the night.

'Guess Heechul doesn't really care about the quiet thing after all.' Onew deadpanned.

Screams were heard. Top used the distraction to slam his elbow against Minho's head and grabbing Hae.

Hae yelled as he saw Minho stumble. He fought back with all his might.

'Feisty little thing, aren't you!' Top grinned.

'Hurry!' Onew shouted. 'I hear Kyu laughing, he probably set the ship on fire again!'

Minho latched his arms around Top's neck, trying to choke the giant from behind. Hae kept kicking around but it was pointless. Top dragged them both on deck. The clattering of swords was deafening. Now and then a gunshot was heard.

'Top, stop fooling around!' Heechul screamed.

'Trying, boss, these two sure are entertaining!'

Hae heard a loud clicking sound close to his ear. He turned his head and was faced with a barrel of a gun.

'Stop moving or he dies.' A dark voice said to Minho.

Minho froze.

'Euhm, Hyuk, I know you are like all knowing and everything but....' Top's voice faded.

'But?' Hyuk repeated.

'You are aiming your gun at the chosen one.'

Hyuk harshly lifted Hae's chin with the gun. Hae looked up and met hatred for the first time in his life.

'You've got to be kidding me.' Hyuk mumbled, contempt dripping off every word he spoke.

'I'll behave.' Minho shouted. 'Please don't shoot Hae.'

Hyuk lifted his gun and slammed it harshly on Minho's head. The boy's body turned limp and slid off Top.

'No!!!!' Hae shouted. He kicked Top's shin, forcing him to let him go. Hae stumbled to his best friend and hovered over him. 'I'll do whatever you want, just don't hurt Minho.' Hae spoke, tears running down his cheeks. Hyuk still had his gun aimed at them. A smirk lifted a corner of his mouth.

'That's quite enough, Hyuk.' Heechul said. 'Top, carry Donghae to our ship. Onew, grab the other kid, we are taking him as well.'

Hyuk's gaze was still on the crying younger. 'Un ing real.' He breathed.

'Surprised at our King's taste?' Heechul mocked.

'Didn't know the bastard was into little girls now.' Hyuk stated as he twirled his gun a couple of times and walked back to their own ship.