Chapter Seventeen

Captured

'Where is Donghae?' Minho demanded to know.

Yesung ignored him and kept feeding Coco.

'Tell me!'

'Please tell me...'

'Please...' Minho's voice was weakening.

'Don't...harm...Hae...' His body slumped back.

'Finally, I began to think the potion wouldn't kick in.' Sungmin sighed as he positioned Minho in a more comfortable angle.

'You sure are nice to him.' Kyu mumbled.

'Duh, he does all our chores!' Min rolled his eyes.

'So where is the pretty boy?' Kyu wondered out loud.

'With Eunhyuk.' Yesung spoke up for the first time. His sentence made the other two shiver.

'Poor kid.' Sungmin sighed again.

 

'G?'

'Yes, captain?'

'Any news?' Heechul mumbled as he stared at the calm water.

It took GD several seconds to figure out what his friend was referring to. 'Oh, no, I haven't seen or heard either of them.'

'Ok.' Heechul bit his lip and hid his eyes behind his flamboyant hat.

'Chul, if you are that worried you can...'

'No, it's ok, G. Let's have some faith.' Heechul kicked a bucket and walked away mumbling stuff about Holy Hangeng.

'Why do you always say one thing with your mouth and another with your body.' GD shook his head.

 

Eunhyuk felt hot and a little damp. He tried to kick his blanket off but hit something soft. He heard a whine. A frown appeared on his forehead as something tickled his neck. He cracked one eye open and closed it again. Something brown and fluffly was under his chin. The frown deepened. He cracked the eye open again, hoping to identify the heat source as well. Slowly the clouds in his mind disappeared and he realised it was a very clingy Donghae that seemed to have attached himself onto him.

'What the hell are you pouting at.' The first mate grumbled as his eye fell on the protruding bottom lip of the younger. Hyuk tried to move again but another whine made him freeze. Hae unconsciously dug his fingers deeper in Hyuk's biceps.

'What the...' Hyuk winced as he felt any little space that would have been left between them, evaporate. Something was pressing painfully against his collar bone.

'Hey, prisoner, wake up!' Hyuk tried.

No reaction.

'Lazy bum.' He mumbled as he started to remove a hand finger by finger from his right arm.

Another whine and the younger seemed to nestle himself against the frustrated first mate. A breeze of hot air passed Hyuk's face and startled him.

'That's it!' He shouted as he shoved the younger harshly off of him. 'No one just breathes on me, damn it!'

Hae landed on the ground, tangled within the sheets, completely unaware of what he had caused. He lifted his head filled with bedhair. 'What what what?'

But Hyuk already bolted to his small bathroom and had slammed the door after a short 'Get out!' to the younger.

Hyuk was trying to calm down. The barely audible click of his door closing indicated to him that the boy had left quickly. Hyuk sighed and stared at the rural piece of mirror that hung on the wall. He looked well rested. He realised that he had indeed slept quite well. No bags under his eyes. His gaze lowered as he looked at the reflection of his chest. He immediately looked down and ran a finger along the imprint. It looked as if a necklace had been pushed against his sensitive skin all night. It must have been something Donghae had worn. His eyes went back to the mirror and disbelief painted his face as he stared at the shape.

A moon.

He blinked a couple of times and looked again.

Definitely a moonshaped necklace.

His heart skipped a beat and then started pumping like crazy. A murderous look appeared on his face.

How did a peasant boy end up with one of the imperial necklaces? The moon had been lost for decades.

Hyuk was determined to find out and to act accordingly. First he had to confirm that the jewelry indeed was what it seemed.

Unconsciously his other hand had lowered itself and a thumb had his hipbone, right where his mark was as his eyes followed the perfect replica of it.

My necklace. Could it really be?

Hyuk grinned grimly as he splashed water onto his face, grabbed a shirt and went for the deck.