Chapter Five

Captured

Hae landed harshly on his behind. His wrists were killing him.

Hyuk took one step closer. 'Do you want to try that again? Maybe it'll work now.' He said with a voice filled with contempt.

Hae's eyes shot up. Defiance was reflected in them. He didn't utter a word though.

'Good, seems you do have some intelligence.' Hyuk continued.

'What will you do to us?' Hae asked, trying to keep his voice steady.

'We are still debating. In the meantime we can't have you slacking off like the princess you long to be. You'll work for the food and bedding we are providing. And since your friend isn't dead yet. You'll work twice as much until he dies or is fit enough to do his share.'

'Okay. Can I see the captain?' Hae asked.

'That's up to him. Don't know why he would waste his precious time on you though.' Hyuk snorted. 'Your shift starts at dawn.' He left the cell and locked it up. He placed himself on some boxes after he grabbed his knife and a piece of wood. The sound of the carving put Hae to sleep.

 

'Is it wise to let Hyukjae watch over the prisoners?' Yesung asked his captain.

Heechul took another gulp of his rum and smirked. 'Wisdom can be so boring, let's just see what the future brings.'

'Oh great, he will skin that boy before we've finished dinner.' Kyu sighed.

Sungmin just shrugged and looked at Top grabbing another piece of salted meat, tearing it off the bone and chewing it harshly. 'What do you think?' Min asked.

Top grabbed his cup and drank some eagerly. 'I wouldn't underestimate the boy.' He said calmly. 'We don't have more sweet potatoes?' He pouted.

'You eat like such a pig.' Onew frowned as he gave his last one to the tall pirate.

'I haven't eaten in days, I was captured, you know!' Top grunted.

'Oh please, I fed you like twice a day.' Onew scolded.

Top ignored him and addressed the captain. 'When is the rest of the crew joining?'

'Soon.'

 

Hae woke up by the squeaking noise of a cell door opening. He immediately was alerted and sat up straight. He saw Top hovering over Minho.

'Don't hurt him!' Hae yelled.

The pirate didn't even move. 'Just checking.'

'H-how is he?'

Top didn't answer.

'Please let me take care of him, please!' Hae begged.

'It's almost dawn, we will take you on deck so you can start working.' Hyuk's dark voice came from a corner of the room.

'Maybe if you please the captain you might get your wish granted.' Top said calmly.

'Ok, I'm ready.' Hae said.

Top gave him a side glance. 'You forgot to eat your breakfast.'

Hae stared at the bowl in front of it. His stomach had been aching since the evening before.

Top closed Minho's cell and entered Hae's. He squatted down to Hae's level, took the bowl and offered it to the boy. 'It's not poisoned and we will make sure your friend eats enough if he wakes up. You'll need the strength, now eat!'

Hae's eyes met the pirate's and he relaxed. He hesitantly reached out and accepted the bowl. He turned around and started eating with his back to the two pirates.

 

Hae was feeling hot. He felt sweat run down his spine. He didn't loosen up though and kept on scrubbing the deck with all his might. Now and then one of the pirates brought him a cup with water, which he gulped down gratefully.

He stretched his back as he wiped some perspiration off his forehead. A knife flew by his ear and landed a couple of inches from him. Hae shrieked and turned his head.

'You missed a spot.' Hyuk said coldly, his eyes inspecting the rest of the deck.

Hae's hands clenched into fists. He bit harshly on his bottom lip, trying to suppress his anger and fear.

Heechul smiled at the interaction.

'I told him to please you so you would allow him to treat his friend.' Top said casually.

'To please me?' Heechul lifted an eyebrow.

Top chuckled. 'The boy is so innocent, I love it.'

Kyu smirked as he heard that and it deepened as he noticed how the first mate kept staring at their prisoner. Kyu got up, grabbed a bucket of water and walked towards Hae. He fake tripped himself and the water gushed over the boy.

Hae yelped as the cold water hit his heated skin. It felt good though.

'Oh, so sorry.' The navigator apologised. 'You better remove that shirt, with this chilly wind you might get sick.'

'Ah o-okay.' Hae stammered and grabbed the hem of his shirt with both arms crossed and lifted it from his wet body, completely oblivious from all the eyes following the movement.

Kyu went back to sit next to his captain.

'Remind me to treat you next time we are in a port.' Heechul laughed.

'Just helping along the future you are foreseeing, boss.' Kyu smiled sweetly.

'Smart boy.' Chul praised.