Chapter Fourteen

Captured

'I'm sorry I had you worry so much.' Hae said as he pulled more of the sail fabric towards him, inspecting it for rips.

'Are you sure nothing happened?' Minho mumbled. 'You don't look so good.'

'My head hurts.' Hae confessed.

Minho's eyes narrowed. 'He hit you?'

'Who? What?' Hae was confused.

'I heard two of them laugh about that redhead and you in bed. Did he hit you?'

'N-no! It's cause I drank last night when I went to the captain.'

Minho's features softened. He wrapped an arm around his best friend. 'You have a hangover, kiddo, that's normal.'

Hae pouted. 'Don't call me kiddo.'

They were startled by a knife that landed a sigh away from Minho's hand.

'No talking, no touching, just ing do your jobs.' Hyukjae snarled.

'And I thought his mood would have improved after a wild night with our captive.' Kyu sighed.

Heechul just hummed.

A whistle sounded from above and all heads snapped up to Sungmin in the crow's nest.

'Royal frigate in sight!' Sungmin yelled as he pointed to the northwest.

'Seems the royal bastard is eager to meet his princess.' Hyuk smirked as he readied himself for battle.

Hae was panicking. He ran up to Heechul and kneeled in front of the captain. 'Please, don't attack!'

Hyuk grabbed the boy by the hair and pulled him up, a knife glistening in the sun. 'We really don't appreciate cowardice here.' He hissed.

'You don't understand, you can't harm the king!' Hae yelled as he was tossed aside by the redhead.

'Oh, I will harm him all right and I'll make sure you get a nice view of it!' Hyuk said viciously.

'Prepare for battle!' Heechul yelled as they all saw the ship nearing.

Hae bit his lip and ran forward, he jumped on Hyuk's back the minute the pirate was ready to swing towards the other ship. Hyuk cursed as he felt the extra weight. They both tumbled on the frigate's deck. Hae landed in front of some shiny leather boots.

'Well well well, look what the monkey dragged in.' A voice said.

Hyuk groaned. 'Should have known we wouldn't be lucky enough to fight some royal asses.'

The stranger grabbed Hae by the shirt. 'Hyuk, who is this?'

'None of your damn business GD.' Hyuk said as he prepared to return to his own ship.

GD felt something hard underneath Hae shirt and revealed it, his eyes widened. He quickly looked at Hyuk's back and then returned his gaze to Hae. 'I can see you will cause us great trouble.' He sighed, then a wicked smile appeared. 'I think we will get along just fine.' He grinned.

'GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!' A squeal came from above them as Top swung over and landed on top of GD.

GD cursed and groaned. 'How many times do I have to tell you, to not jump on me, you idiot!'

Top ignored the whining and hugged his best friend.

Hae noticed how the fancy leather booted pirate couldn't help but smile gently at his clingy friend.

 

'I see you had fun.' Heechul said calmly as he greeted GD.

The latter just shrugged. 'I know I was supposed to wait at the port but I got bored and I knew Kyu's birthday was coming up so I decided to bring him a present he can burn.'

Kyu's eyes lit up as he gathered his equipment.

'Let Yesung clear the ship first.' GD laughed. 'I brought some extra supplies, just in case.'

'Donghae, Minho go help unload the ship.' Heechul ordered.

 

Hae opened one of the many doors within the royal ship and was confronted with a heart breaking scene.

A pretty girl in a soft yellow dress was tied to a pole. Tears running down her beautiful face.

'My lady.' Hae bowed, unsure what to do.

The girl eyed the stranger. 'A-are y-you a pirate?' She whispered.

Hae shook his head.

'Oh thank god, please release me. That brute just took me!'

'Miss, I'm a captive as well, we are surrounded by pirates, but I'll see what I can do for you.'

Hae was thinking fast and remembered he had seen a little rescue boat attached to the ship. 'I'll put you in a little boat with enough supplies and a compass, just go north.' Hae spoke gently.

'Will you escape with me?' She said hopefully.

'No, I can't leave my friend behind.'

'I'm Jessica.'

'Donghae.'

'You are handsome.' Jessica said sweetly.

Hae blushed and bowed. 'Just stay here, take this knife to protect yourself and I'll come and get you as soon as I have readied the boat.'

Jessica nodded. Hae was about to leave the room as she pulled him near and kissed his cheek. 'Thank you.' She whispered.

Hae quickly went to the boat and started to put some supplies into it, he hid it under a small piece of sail. After thirty minutes he went back to the girl and silently guided her towards the boat.

'Get in, I'll lower you gently.' Hae whispered.

She hugged him tight.

A knife flew through the air, raked Jessica's arm and made her cry out in pain. Hae immediately pushed the girl behind him as he searched for the attacker. His eyes met the ice cold one's of Hyukjae.

Hae looked behind him to check on Jessica and saw some blood colour the sleeve of her dress. Rage took over. He stormed towards the pirate and grabbed him by the shirt.

'How could you hurt a girl!' Hae shouted as he started to let his fists rain down on Hyuk's chest.

'Just preventing you love birds from escaping.' Hyuk said flatly.

Heechul and GD were watching the little scene.

'She's my gift to you by the way.' GD said.

'Pretty.' Heechul commented.

'Not as pretty as that boy. Funny how Hyuk threw the dagger at her and not at him.' GD commented.

'He has a weak spot for Hae.'

'No way!' GD exclaimed.

'You'll see soon enough, it's so obvious it's getting ridiculous.'

'By the way, Chul, we really need to talk about that medallion.' GD whispered.

'What medallion?' Heechul frowned.

GD raised an eyebrow. 'That explains why Hyuk hasn't killed him yet.'

'You are talking in riddles, my friend.' Heechul sighed.