Chapter Sixteen

Captured

'Please don't worry, Jessica.' Hae whispered to the sobbing girl when he offered her some food once more.

She just shook her head.

'The captain promised me he wouldn't harm you.'

She looked up, tears still hanging on her eyelashes. 'Y-you trust th-these barbaric pirates?'

Hae smiled. 'Yeah, I haven't been here for that long but the captain never broke any of his promises.'

Hope was shining in her eyes but it quickly vanished as the door was pushed open harshly.

'What are you doing here?' Hyuk snarled.

'Feeding her.' Donghae said shortly.

'Out.'

Donghae gave Jessica one more encouraging look before he walked out, followed by the first mate.

 

Hae was walking towards the room where his cell was at but was stopped by Hyukjae. He looked behind him at the pirate.

'You are not sleeping there tonight.'

Hae froze. He panicked. 'B-but I thought.'

'You thought wrong.' Hyuk said as he lead the boy away.

'The captain changed his mind?' Hae asked softly, looking at the ground.

'What?' Hyuk frowned. 'What does Chul have to do...oh geez, I'm not bringing you to him to please him, damn it.' Hyuk started cussing.

Before Hae could respond he was shoved into Hyuk's room and he heard the door being locked. He stared at the pirate with big eyes.

'Undress and lie down.' Hyuk ordered as he pointed at his bed.

Hae just stared at him in utter shock. As soon as Hyuk moved in his direction, he flinched, turned around and quickly took off his shirt and pants. Only dressed in his underwear he swiftly jumped in to the bed, grabbed a blanket and covered himself up to his chin, one hand wrapped around his necklace. Holding it firmly as if his life depended on it. He tightly closed his eyes and waited for his doom.

He heard the rustling of clothes, footsteps towards the bed. He felt the matrass sink under Hyuk's weight and held his breath. He sensed the pirate moving and his muscles were on full alert. After ten long seconds he cracked open one eye and then quickly the other. Astonished, he was staring at Hyuk's back.

'Good night.' Hyuk said curtly as if he could sense the stare.

'Night!' Hae yelped.

 

'Enter.' Heechul yawned after he heard the knock. It was well passed midnight but that didn't stop him to stare at the moon and take another sip.

GD entered the room.

Heechul lifted an eyebrow.

'He isn't in his cell.'

The captain smirked. 'Aish, our dear boy Hyukjae. I guess he still doesn't trust one living soul on this cursed planet.'

'You think he took Donghae?' GD frowned.

'Who else would?' Chul chuckled.

'Why are you smiling like a big idiot, what if Hyuk sees the necklace or the mark!' GD panicked.

The smile disappeared quickly. 'Hmmmm, good point.'

Top opened the door.

'What are you doing here?' GD questioned.

'Can't sleep, wanted to snuggle with the boss.' Top yawned, his eyes all begging towards their captain.

'Aish, poor baby.' Chullie mocked, his eyes flashed over GD's tensed figure. 'I want to be alone tonight. Why don't you cuddle up with G here.'

Big, sparkling, hopeful eyes were pointed at the flashy pirate.

GD had to swallow something away. He cleared his throat for good measure.

'G?' Top asked in a small voice.

'Yeah, yeah, go ahead, I'll be there in a sec.' He caved.

Top hugged GD enthusiastically before he ran out to nestle himself in his friend's bed.

GD turned towards the captain. 'You are evil.'

'And you are welcome.' Heechul smirked.

'What about Donghae?'

Heechul sighed. 'I can't go barging in there, Hyuk would get suspicious. We'll have to hope nothing happens and find out more tomorrow.

As soon as he was alone he cussed softly. He took another drink. 'Aish, holy Hangeng, what the hell should I do? What was the old man thinking when he did what he did? Why curse generation after generation?' Heechul got up, opened a drawer and grabbed an old book. He carefully placed it on his table and opened it. He quickly found the right page. The left side was all about the moon necklace as the right was talking about the sun. Night and day. You couldn't split things up more. He thoroughly read the pages. His eyes locked upon the terrifying final words of the old king:

If division is needed

So shall it be

Night or day

Only one can rule at the time

For there is no way the people should be parted

The land must remain as one

One nation under a divine ruler

Let the best be victorious

That is my dying wish

Heechul threw his goblet against the wooden wall of his chamber. 'What the hell was he thinking? This caused war over generations, this caused the damn country to fall apart!' Heechul sighed once more. 'It seems Donghae is yet another piece of the puzzle. If he has the mark, he has a right to challenge the king. Did Siwon know this?' He mumbled to himself. But why would Siwon keep the boy alive. He would be such a threat to the thrown. Why not simply kill him? Heechul closed his eyes. A bitter smile appeared. Then again who would be able to kill such an innocent boy?