Chapter One

Captured

Finally the day had arrived. Donghae smiled as he stretched himself lazily. He turned his head towards the window and enjoyed the first rays of sunlight caressing his face. He couldn't stop smiling. Today was the start of an adventure. The start of a new life for him, but more importantly, for his family.

A soft knock on the door woke him from his daydream.

'Sweety?' His umma asked carefully as she opened the door.

'I'm up, umma!' Hae said.

She smiled as she approached him and sat herself down on the bed. Her fingers gently went through his hair. 'Are you sure, Hae?' She whispered, her voice a bit sad.

'Yes umma, don't worry.' He gave her his brightest of smiles.

She returned it weakly. 'But you'll be so far away from us.'

'I'll visit and you can visit me as well!'

'Tell me you are not purely doing this as a self sacrifice for us.' His umma demanded.

Hae looked her in the eye and then hugged her. 'You saw the king, he's good looking!' Hae smirked.

His umma blushed and lightly hit his upper arm. 'Aish, I can't believe my son will be married to a king!'

 

'I need you all on your best today!' Heechul yelled at his crew.

'Our best what?' Kyuhyun frowned as he looked up at his captain.

'Whatever you guys are good at, you should be at your best today!' Heechul stated readjusting his hat.

'Well that is nice and vague.' Sungmin grumbled.

'Captain, can you repeat the mission?' Yesung asked while he fed his pet turtle on his shoulder.

'You know, most pirates have parrots, can't you be normal for once?' Kyuhyun scolded.

'Kyu, be nice to Yeye.' Heechul shouted. 'And yes I'll repeat the mission again, since I'm the nicest captain of the six seas.'

'Seven.' Sungmin corrected.

'And you mean oceans.' Kyu added.

'Hangeng, do I really need those two jerks?' Heechul wailed, his arms high in the air.

'Who's Hangeng?' Sungmin whispered.

'Some infamous Chinese pirate he has heard about.' Kyu rolled his eyes. 'He prays to him as if it was some sea god.'

'Show some respect!' Hyukjae grunted as he smacked Min and Kyu on the head.

Kyu glared at the first mate but didn't dare to react. Everyone knew not to mess with Lee Hyukjae.

'Captain, you were saying?' Hyuk said while he returned to carving wood.

'Today we are going to capture Siwon's chosen one.' Heechul said dramatically. 'The boy will be shipped a couple of hundred nautical miles north for his wedding with that creep.' Heechul abruptly grabbed a map Kyu was staring at. 'We will ambush the ship right here.' Heechul's finger tapped on a mark Kyu had made earlier.

'Can we take any gold that is on board?' Yesung's eyes lit up as he asked the question.

'Sure.' Heechul said.

'Can we take all their food?' Min asked eagerly.

'Of course.' Heechul answered.

'Can we burn the ship down?' Kyu smirked.

Heechul sighed. 'Guys, seriously, how long have you been working under me?'

His crew looked at him in utter disgust and disbelief.

'Ewwww captain!!!' Yesung exclaimed, trying to cover his ears.

'What? Oh please, I didn't mean it like that, you bunch of sickos!' Heechul screamed.

'What will you do to him?' Hyuk suddenly asked, not lifting his eyes from his knife.

'Hmmm?' Heechul frowned.

'The boy, what will happen to him?'

'Since when do you care about anyone?' Kyu huffed.

Hyuk ignored the navigator and made eye contact with his captain. 'Chul, if you don't know what to do with him, I'll gladly get rid of that piece of trash.'

Everyone on deck got really quiet. This was why Hyukjae was the most feared person on their ship. The darkness that surrounded the boy sometimes outed itself in obscure words and an evil glint.

Min shivered as he quickly looked away from the first mate. Kyu seemed to be extra interested in one of his maps while Yesung focused on his turtle.

The captain stared intensely at Hyuk and sighed. 'We'll see, Hyuk. I don't know yet, ok?'

Hyuk's eyes narrowed for a second. He released the eye contact and went back to carving.

 

'Majesty, you are up early!' Leeteuk bowed to his king.

'I'm too excited to sleep, Teuk. Today is the day my baby leaves his home to come to me!' Siwon exclaimed while looking out the window expectantly.

'Yes, sir, but the trip will take several days if not weeks depending on the weather.'

'I know, my good man, but you have seen his grace, his exquisite beauty, those eyes.' Siwon sighed. 'I can hardly wait until I have him here, in my bed.'

'I understand your desire for him, but why marry him?'

'Cause I'll never get enough of him.' Siwon said calmly.

Leeteuk frowned. He knew the king since they grew up together. The other was rarely this serious about things. Something inside nagged at him. He didn't like this at all.