Chapter Nine

Captured

'You useless piece of... of...' Hyuk stared at the helpless, unconscious boy in his arms.

Heechul cleared his throat.

Hyuk ignored the rest and took Hae below deck. Minho wanted to follow but Top stopped him.

'We still need to be fed.' Top reasoned as he shoved the boy towards the fish.

 

Yesung frowned at the scene in front of him.

Hae was spread out on the floor in between Hyuk's legs with his back against the pirate's chest. Hyuk tilted the still unmoving boy's chin and forced food down his throat.

'What are you doing?' Yesung couldn't stop the question from leaving his lips.

Hyuk didn't look up. He was getting frustrated since Hae wasn't reacting and definitely not swallowing. He grabbed Hae's jaw and started to move it up and down but alas it didn't work.

'You need to eat!' Hyuk growled.

 

'Captain?'

'Yeye?'

'We have a situation.'

Heechul let go of the helm causing Kyuhyun to slump forward and grabbing the crazily spinning wheel to get the ship back on track.

'What's up?' Heechul asked.

'It's Hyukjae. He's acting...even weirder than usual.' Yesung whispered.

Heechul stared at the nodding turtle on his crew member's shoulder.

'I'll handle it, let no one through and don't tell anyone.' Heechul said, he cussed under his breath and quickly went down below.

 

Heechul leaned against the door frame as he eyed his first mate for a bit. He sighed and slowly walked over to his friend, he squatted down at his eye level. 'Hyuk?'

Hyuk didn't respond, too focused on the fragile boy in his arms.

'You can't hide it from me, Hyuk.' Heechul said softly as he patted the other's shoulder.

Hyuk snapped his head to his captain. 'What?'.

'I saw how when you threw that knife you threw it inches further away from him than you would normally have.'

Hyuk looked away.

'I saw how you eyed his body when he was shirtless. And we all saw your 'save the princess' act just now.' Heechul continued.

'I don't know what you are getting at.' Hyuk grunted, trying to shove bread in Hae's mouth.

Heechul slapped it away, grabbed Hyuk by the shirt and forced the other into eye contact.

'He's not you, Hyuk.' Heechul said firmly.

Hyuk blinked.

'He's not you.' Heechul repeated.

 

Hae scrunched up his nose and moaned. He sniffed a couple of times and cracked an eye open. He was met with a concerned Minho changing the moist piece of cloth on his forehead.

'How are you feeling?' Minho asked.

'You stink.' Hae croaked out.

'I'm trying my best here, Hae.' Minho pouted.

'No, you actually smell bad.' Hae whined as he pushed Minho further away.

'Well, excuse me! I've been cleaning hundreds of fish while you were napping.' Minho stated.

Hae just remembered his climb to hell. 'What happened?'

'You fainted again.'

'Yet I am still in one piece.'

'The redhead saved you.'

Hae's jaw dropped open. 'No way.'

'For real.' Minho said and then he started to act out the scene with monkey noises and everything.

Hae giggled.

A knife flashed through the air and landed on the wall, taking Minho in its path, effectively pinning the boy's shirt to the wall.

Hae placed himself quickly between his best friend and Hyuk.

'You!' Hyuk pointed at Hae. 'Come to my cabin right this instance.'

'No!' Minho yelled. 'Leave him alone.'

Hae sent his friend a reassuring glance as he followed the redhead.

'On your knees.' Hyuk ordered as he locked the door.

Hae frowned.

Hyuk lost his patience and forced the boy to kneel. 'It's time you make yourself useful around here.' He mumbled as he started to unbuckle his belt.