Chapter Eleven

Captured

It was the middle of the night. Hae had already slept a couple of hours but now lied wide awake staring at the huge full moon.

He felt safe in the strong arms of Minho. He was grateful to Kyuhyun who let them sleep together. Maybe these pirates weren't so bad after all.

Hae smiled as he heard Minho snore softly into his ear. Minho must have gotten a good meal as well for him to snore like that.

He shifted a bit and felt something press against his thigh. He slid his hand in his pocket and retrieved his necklace. He held it up high and let the moonlight hit it.

A wave of guilt washed over him as his thoughts were dominated by his parents, his village. If his marriage wouldn't go through, everyone in his town was doomed. He knew these pirates hated the king but he at least had to try. He gently got out of Minho's embrace and walked over to the bars.

'Yesung!' He said softly.

The pirate stirred a little in his sleep.

'Yesung!!!' Hae tried a little louder.

The turtle's head came out from hiding, stared at Hae for a second and then reached out and bit Yesung's ear. The pirate yelped. 'I'm awake! I'm awake!'

'Please, I need to talk to the captain.' Hae spoke.

Yesung rubbed his eyes and glanced at his turtle who seemed to look back at him in defiance. Yesung sighed, got up and opened the cell door. Hae walked out. The door was closed again and Yesung guided him further towards Heechul's cabin. He knocked twice and heard a hum.

'Return when you are done.' Yesung said and left to watch Minho.

Hae entered the cabin and was surprised to see the captain still fully clothed. He was sitting in a rocking chair, feet on the table and rum in his hand. His extravagant hat crooked on his head.

'Captain?'

'Ahhhh Donghae, my lovely boy. What's up?'

'Why did you capture me?'

Heechul sighed. He looked at Hae and signaled him to sit next to him. He offered a bottle of rum but Hae quickly shook his head.

Heechul frowned. 'I'm not going to drink alone, if you want some answers you better man up!'

Hae blinked and finally stretched out his hand, reluctantly accepting the rum.

Heechul stared at him intensely.

Hae gulped and placed the bottle at his lips, he tried a sip and started coughing desperately, evoking laughter from the captain.

'We can't have Siwon have you.' Heechul suddenly said.

Hae stopped coughing and felt his heart drop.

Heechul noticed the change in expression and sighed again. 'You like the king?'

'I don't really know him.'

'Then why the devastation?'

'My village, my parents...they will be unprotected unless I can marry the king.'

Heechul looked away, his eyes had softened at the boy's words. 'Take another drink, this time it will go better.' He instructed.

Hae obeyed and indeed the harsh liquor flowed smoothly down his throat.

'Your village should learn to defend itself.' Heechul spoke again.

Hae bowed his head. 'They only know how to fish, they can't fight.'

'Everyone can fight.' Heechul said curtly. 'So your parents sacrificed you, huh?'

'No! They haven't. Siwon seems nice and I can achieve a lot in that position. It was my decision.' Hae shouted.

'Achieve what?' Heechul mumbled.

'To improve the world.' Hae said after he took another good sip and hiccuped.

Heechul couldn't help but laugh. 'Aish, you silly boy.' He laughed even harder when he saw the insulted look in Hae's eyes.

Heechul's expression became mischievous. He waited until Hae had taken another gulp. 'Hae?'

'Cptain.' Hae slurred.

'What do you think about Hyukjae?'

'Hyukkie?' Hae tried to frown, almost falling off his chair.

'Hmmm.' Heechul smiled.

'He's so hot.' Hae spoke without inhibition.

'Hot?' Heechul's jaw dropped open.

'Yesh. He'sh angry all the time but he'sh shoooo hot.' Hae started to giggle.

'You want to touch him?' Heechul inquired.

Hae's eyes became dreamy. 'I want him to cuddle me.' He whispered loudly as if he was sharing a secret.

Heechul's eyes widened at that image. He bit down his lip to prevent himself from bursting out in laughter.

'Who would you like to kiss? Siwon or Hyukjae?'

Hae could barely keep his eyes open. 'Kisshh? I don't know how to do that.'

Heechul took pity on the boy. 'Hae, go back to sleep, okay? We'll talk again tomorrow.'

Hae nodded and almost lost his balance because of it. He stumbled out of the cabin and fell to the side. His hand on the door handle, he pressed it down and entered the cabin. He dragged himself to the bed, removed his shirt since he suddenly felt too hot. He lifted the blanket and cuddled up to the warm body already lying there. An arm went around his waist and pulled him closer.

Hae inhaled and breathed 'Hyukkie.' before he fell unconscious.