Chapter Four

Captured

Yesung was not a happy camper. He sat on the deck, arms crossed, his turtle immobile as always on his shoulder.

Sungmin rolled his eyes and approached him. 'What's wrong?'

Yesung just glared at Kyu who kept on laughing and cheering himself on, watching the flaming ship sink.

Min chewed on a piece of apple. His eyes going from Yesung to Kyu and the ship.

'Oh.' His mouth formed a perfect circle, not caring about the disgusting display of the half eaten fruit in his mouth. 'He acted too quick and you couldn't get their gold.'

Yesung's expression darkened even more so Min knew he was spot on. He saw the turtle retreat his head. 'Kyu get below deck, now!' Min screamed before disaster would strike against their navigator.

 

Hae and Minho were put in separate jails. Hae kept on fighting the tall pirate, screaming, begging to be put with Minho.

Top sighed as he chained the struggling boy.

'Please, mister, he looks hurt, I won't try to escape, I promise.' Hae pleaded, his eyes all honest.

Top felt his heart melt a little. 'I'm sorry, kid. Captain's orders.'

Onew gently placed the unconscious Minho on the ground. He chained him as well. He took a clean handkerchief, drenched it in some rum he was carrying and cleaned the head wound Hyuk had caused.

Hae saw the actions and tears of gratitude spilled down his cheeks.

'Top, will you put some food and water near them? They skipped dinner earlier.' Onew asked softly. Top nodded.

 

'Enter.' Heechul ordered towards Onew who just had knocked on his door. Onew noticed the dark silhouette of Hyuk in the corner of the room.

'Ahhh Onew, please report.' Heechul purred as he placed himself lazily on one of his chairs.

'It went just like you planned, skipper. They weren't even a tad suspicious about my request to be a part of their crew. And after I 'caught' Top they became quite trusting.'

'First impression about Kangin?' Heechul asked.

'He's not really a bad man but he follows Siwon blindly.' Onew stated.

'And?' Heechul spurred on.

'He can become very cruel if he thinks that is what his King wants from him.'

'I see. Well I hope he can swim to safety.' Heechul shrugged. 'How about our little captive?' Heechul smirked.

'Donghae is....how do I put this?' Onew scratched his head. 'He is a very pure soul.'

'You already like him.' Heechul frowned, knowing how hard Onew opens up to people.

A short ruffle was heard on the door and Top entered.

'Continue.' Heechul said to Onew.

'He's very naive and cares a lot about his friend.'

A snort was heard from the corner.

Heechul ignored Hyuk and addressed Top. 'What do you think?'

'About Donghae?' Top questioned.

Heechul nodded.

Top smiled widely. 'The kid's got spirit. And he's quite breathtaking to look at.' Top looked in Hyuk's direction. 'I can clearly see why that bastard of a Siwon would want to put his filthy hands on him.'

'What are you going to do now, captain?' Onew wondered.

'About?'

'Our prisoners?'

'Hmmmm, I'm not sure yet.' Heechul scanned his nails.

'Chul?' Hyuk finally spoke up.

'Hyuk?'

'My offer still stands.' Hyuk's voice was void of any emotion. Its coldness was relentless.

'But Hyuk, don't you think we can do far more damage if you don't just slit his throat?' Heechul pondered.

'How?'

'You want Siwon to suffer, don't you?' Heechul didn't wait for a response. 'Let's use the boy to inflict maximum pain to that creep.'

A wide grin appeared on Hyuk's face making Onew shudder.

 

A turtle appeared in Hae's cell. He frowned and saw the animal approaching very, very slowly. He grabbed some of the lettuce on his plate and offered it to the turtle. He smiled as he saw the animal munch on it.

'Seems he likes you.' A husky voice said.

Hae turned his head and looked at the man.

'I'm Yesung, he's Coco.' Yesung said.

Hae looked back at the turtle. 'He's adorable.'

'Starving yourself won't change the situation.' Yesung continued, eyeing the full plate.

Hae blushed. 'I'm not. It's just that Minho is a big eater. He can have my share when he wakes up, he needs it more.'

'I see.' Yesung said.

'What will happen to us?' Hae asked.

'We'll probably kill you soon. We don't like prisoners, they are usually so whiny.' Yesung yawned.

'Can't you just let Minho go, he's not involved in this.' Hae pleaded.

'Yesung, I'll take the next shift, take the turtle with you.' A cold voice came from the back.

Hae's eyes met with Hyuk's. 'No! Don't leave me alone with him!' Hae begged.

'See? So damn whiny!' Yesung sighed as he reached for his pet and left.

Hyuk strolled to Minho's cell, opened it and nudge the unconscious boy with his foot.

'Stop it! Don't hurt him!' Hae screamed.

'Quit making so much noise, I was just checking if he was dead already or not.' Hyuk stated, leaving and locking the cell. He opened Hae's door next. Hae waited till he thought the man was close enough and started to run, his fist formed and ready to hit the pirate. But the chains held him back. He had been so damn close. He got painfully pulled back and cried out in agony.