Chapter Eight

Captured

It was early in the morning when Hyuk went to check on the prisoners. He huffed at Kyu's snoring, kicking him hard against the shin. Kyu yelped and was awake, cussing and rubbing the sore spot. Hyuk moved to the cells and gazed at the sight in front of him.

Minho and Hae were still fast asleep in each other's arms. The only thing separating them were the cold, steel bars of their prison. 'Why the hell are they not in their chains?' Hyuk hissed at Kyu.

'B-because they are no threat to us.' Kyu explained.

'What's next? Gourmet food?' Hyuk snarled, grabbing a bucket of water.

'Why do you have to be so moody all of the time?' Kyu mumbled.

'Wake up!' Hyuk yelled as he threw the cold water upon the sleeping boys. Minho instinctively tried to bring his body closer to Hae's to protect him. Hae opened his eyes in shock but relaxed as he saw his best friend so close. 'Good morning, Min Min.' He yawned.

Minho smiled. 'Morning Hae Hae.'

Hyuk felt ignored. He opened Hae's jail, removed Minho's hands and dragged the boy up by the hair. Hae winced in pain and fear as he was slammed against the bars.

'Leave him be!' Minho shouted.

'Well?' Hyuk growled at him.

Hae blinked and averted his gaze, meeting Kyu's smirk.

'I think he wants a good morning as well.' Kyu stated.

Hae's eyes grew a bit larger as they went back to Hyuk's. 'Oh, m-morning, sir?'

Hyuk scanned Hae's face and bare torso. Hae gulped and looked away from the intense staring.

'Kyu, give him a double serving and some extra fruit.' Hyuk ordered as he ran one finger over Hae's ribcage.

Hae shivered at the contact. 'Can I have a shirt?'

'You think we do charity here?' Hyuk scowled.

'There should be plenty in my suitcase.' Hae said softly.

Hyuk eyed the lightly burnt skin of Hae's shoulders and nodded. 'But you'll have to earn it.'

 

Hae was untangling ropes as Minho was polishing cannon balls. They sat next to each other and were chatting happily. The ship was anchored so Minho didn't feel nausea.

The pirates were watching the two. Yesung was frowning.

'What's wrong Yeye?' Heechul asked.

'Shouldn't they be in distress? They are captives.' Yesung said.

'Don't worry, when Hyuk returns from his swimming session, it'll get fun again.' Kyu laughed.

Suddenly fish were flying and landing on deck. Most of them seem to hit Minho before they were jumping up and down the deck in desperation. Sungmin got up and quickly grabbed the fish and put them into buckets. A hand appeared on the railing and a second later Hyuk pulled himself up.

Hae's eyes couldn't help but explore the pirate's glistening body. He bit his lip unconsciously as he followed a water drop gliding from the redhead's collarbone all the way down to his happy trail. Hae gulped and had a hard time getting his breathing under control.

'Minho' He whispered. 'I'm feeling weird.'

Minho had been watching his best friend and spotted the fatal attraction. He sighed. 'It's okay, Hae, don't worry.' He soothed as he pulled the boy into a hug.

'Slacking off again?' Hyuk yelled as he kicked Minho against the thigh. He pulled the friends apart and shoved Minho harshly towards the buckets. 'Go clean our lunch.' He turned back to Hae. 'And you, go up there and adjust that loose sail!' He pointed all the way up. Hae followed the finger and started trembling.

'No!' Minho yelled. 'Let me do that!'

'Just do as I say, damn it!' Hyuk growled as he grabbed one of his knives.

'You don't understand!' Minho panicked.

Hyuk took one knife and pointed it at Hae.

Minho slowly backed off and went to the fish.

'You, start climbing unless you want me to gut your friend.' Hyuk snarled at Hae.

Hae didn't dare to object, his eyes still fixated on the pulled knife. He slowly went to the main mast and started climbing.

Top kneeled next to Minho. 'What's wrong?' He whispered.

Minho's eyes followed Hae as he answered. 'He's afraid of heights.'

'What happens?' Top inquired.

'Last time he climbed something, he fainted.' Minho's voice was laced with utter fear.

Top cussed as he quickly jumped up and started running towards the mast.

'Hyuk, you might want to go after him!' Top shouted.

'What? Why?' Hyuk frowned.

'Look at him, he's about to faint!'

Hyuk's head snapped back up. He saw the boy's trembling limbs, the sweat running down. He dropped the knife and ran up the mast. He started climbing the mast like the expert he was.

'And that is why we call him a monkey behind his back.' Kyu mumbled.

Hyuk was about to reach Hae as he saw the younger losing consciousness. Hae's body went limp and fell backwards.

Minho screamed.

Hyuk cussed as he pushed himself off the mast, caught the boy, grabbed a rope and swung to another mast. He held Hae close as he slowly lowered them back to the deck.