Chapter 18

I Like You More (Than You Like Me)

SURPRISE!

It's been a year can you believe it? .-. SORRY

Thanks for sticking with me (whoever has). I hope you still remember what happened last time, if not I recommend you read back and regurgitate.

Thanks again and I hope you enjoy :)

Happy Valentine's Day <3


It's Christmas day.

Sungjae woke up in their dorm last. When he got to the kitchen, he was greeted with a plate homemade pancakes by Peniel. "Morning Sunshine! Merry Christmas!"

"Did Santa come?" was the first thing that came out of Sungjae's mouth.

"Um...he sure did!" Eunkwang said picking his stocking.

Sungjae stuck his hand into the stocking with the excitement of a five year-old. "What's this?" Sungjae picked out a new pack of chap stick.

"It's for your lips!" Changseob said and Hyunsik rolled his eyes.

"Wow it's Christmas flavored! Thanks Santa!" Sungjae hugged his gift and looked up smiling.

The rest of the guys started to exchange gifts from under the tree. "This is for you Peniel," Minhyuk said giving him a small box.

"Wow Chicago!" Peniel was more than happy to receive a hat that said "Chicago" on it.

Peniel then gave his gift to Eunkwang. "Wow...new boxer briefs?" They all laughed.

"I did the laundry last week and saw that yours had holes in them." They all laughed even harder.

"How'd you know they were mine?" Their leader turned red. Everyone laughed their pancakes out. Eunkwang pushed Peniel to the floor.

"Yah, it's Christmas. No fighting." Hyunsik called out. Hyunsik then pulled out another box from under the tree and read the tag. "To...Subin?"

Sungjae's eyes immediately darted to the box and took it. "Who's this from?" his eyes searched around the box.

Ilhoon snatched it back. "It's mine. I'm going to give it to her later."

"How is she doing?" Minhyuk asked. Sungjae hadn't heard much from her either since the accident. All he knew was that she was released from the hospital last night. Ilhoon was the one who took her back. Sungjae hadn't been as responsible as Ilhoon they thought.

"She's doing fine now. She's in crutches for a couple more weeks. She still won't be able to recover in time for the concert." The news still broke Sungjae's heart. He still felt that it was all his fault. He knew Ilhoon wanted to break him because of this.

~

"Subin-ah! You're alive!" The girls welcomed Subin with a cake when she came to their dorm. Subin was thrilled to see the room decorated with Christmas decor. There were lights and a Christmas tree full with presents under it. Subin set her crutches down and limped to the dining table to eat some cake.

"So, I heard the reason behind all this." Baenim began. "You were dancing with Sungjae~" she sang.

Subin blushed. The thought of that night on the dance floor made it uncontrollable. She didn't respond and just took another bite of her cake.

"Well, tell us about it Subin!" Minji demanded.

"Tell us!" They all chanted. Subin remained silent.

"Guys, give her a break. She just got out of the ER," Sara said. "But tell me, was he charming? Did he touch you?"

Subin smiled with a fork in and nodded. All the girls squealed.

After cake, they exchanged gifts. Subin was glad she wrapped her presents before the accident. She passed them out individually to each member.

"Oh yeah, Subin-ah, we're going to the nightclub for a Christmas gathering tonight," Viki announced.

"Nightclub? But I'm still underage!" Subin cried.

"Yeah, that's why the maknaes are having their own little party! Or so I heard," Sara said.

"Aw how cute," Baenim commented.

"Really?" Subin asked.

"Yeah, I overheard Hayoung talking about it the other day." Subin immediately lost interest when she heard Hayoung.

"I think I'll just stay home," Subin said in a tired voice.

"What, but why? Sungjae will be there!" Subin was sure he was going to be there and if he was, Ilhoon was too. She wasn't in the mood to put up with them right now. Normally she would, but today she thought it would be impossible to do anything in crutches.

"Come on, Subin! It's Christmas! You need to spend it with others!" Viki said.

"I don't know, I'm just so tired."

"Okay, It's up to you. I wouldn't wanna leave you here by yourself," Minji said.

The girls continued to open their gifts and suddenly the room was full of joy, laugher, and wrapping paper.

~

The BTOB hyungs left the maknaes at the Cube building as they headed to the nightclub. "You kids better behave." Eunkwang pointed a finger at the maknae line. "Right back at ya hyung!" Sungjae saluted.

The maknae party was going to be held in one of the practice rooms. Ilhoon, Sungjae, and Hayoung came in early to decorate the place. Hayoung hung stars and lights while Ilhoon searched though a box of decorations. Sungjae brought in a Christmas tree he found from the CEO's office. Ilhoon found a mistletoe and hung it above the door.

"Where are you going Sungjae?" Hayoung asked.

"I have to get something," he said walking past Ilhoon out the door.

"Wait!" Hayoung yelled. "Look who's under the mistletoe." Ilhoon and Sungjae both looked up. "You can't go unless you kiss him." Sungjae looked at Ilhoon in disgust.  "Do I have too?" he whined.

Hayoung rolled her eyes. She ran up to Sungjae and kissed him on the cheek. "There, now you're free." Ilhoon smirked when he saw Sungjae's reaction. Hayoung blushed. "Nice," Ilhoon said. Sungjae left the building wiping the rubbish off his cheek. "Aish. That girl."

~

 

Subin thought about it more that day until night time. She still was feeling exhausted. The girls were all dressed up in their clubbing attire while Subin still wore here pajamas in bed. "So you think you'll be okay?" Minji asked.

"I'll be fine," Subin said turning on her lamp.

After the girls left, Subin was left alone in silence. Hmm, they really left me. After an hour, Subin became bored. All she did was watch western Christmas movies. She wished she was at Busan with her parents and Hongbin. She'd already called them earlier. They told her to stay home and rest, so she did.

But she got so bored just laying there watching Home Alone for the hundredth time. She started out the window and watched the snow. I should have gone to that party... She was craving gingerbread cookies and hot chocolate. She laid back in bed and closed her eyes. The first thing that came to mind was Sungjae. The time in the practice room kept replaying in her head. Dancing with Sungjae was the best moment of her life. She never wanted it to end, but unfortunately it did with a cast and crutches. She sighed and heard her phone ring.

She looked at the caller ID. It was Ilhoon. She contemplated whether she should answer it or not. She knew that he was expecting her to be at the party. She held the phone in her hand as it rang. She waited until it stopped ringing. "I'll just call back later." She laid back down on her pillow, forcing herself to sleep. A few moments later, her phone vibrated. She got a text from Ilhoon saying, "Still not feeling well? I'm coming over." Subin closed her eyes. She loved Ilhoon as a friend, but she wished he wouldn't involuntarily come over anymore. Especially now while she was in her pajamas.

The doorbell rang earlier than she expected. She quickly slipped on a dress and opened the door. The cool winter air escaped into the room, making Subin shiver. Ilhoon came in with a scarf in his face. "It's so cold!"

"I know! It's freezing." He handed her a cup of Cube Cafe hot chocolate. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay. Just tired." Subin and Ilhoon took a seat in the kitchen.

"Oh. Did you hear about the party?" Ilhoon asked.

"Yeah, aren't you supposed to be there?" Subin took a sip of her warm beverage.

"Yeah, but I wanted to make sure you were okay." Ilhoon pulled a box out of his coat. "I also wanted to give this to you."

Subin almost spilled her drink. She wasn't expecting a gift at all. "Aw, Ilhoon. You shouldn't have!"

"You're not supposed to say that until you open it." Subin unwrapped the perfectly wrapped box and slowly opened it. Ilhoon couldn't wait to see her reaction. Subin's eyes widened in disbelief. "Oh Ilhoon!" She pulled the sparkly diamond bracelet out of its box. "You actually bought this from me?" She shook her head. "This is too much."

"It's nothing. I knew you really wanted it. Try it on." Ilhoon helped her hook the bracelet onto her wrist. Subin was still bewildered by his present. She knew that must have cost him a fortune.

"Ilhoon you really didn't have to buy this."

"Don't worry about it Subin. I only spend money on friends like you." He looked at her. "Accept it as a debut slash Christmas gift...slash a gift from that special someone." Ilhoon smiled as Subin looked at it. She stared at the diamonds that glistened in the light. It was beautiful. Only a boyfriend would buy any girl this kind of gift. That's why Subin took it off and handed it back to him. "What are you doing?" Ilhoon asked looking at the bracelet in her hand.

"Ilhoon," Subin began. "I can't accept this kind of gift." Ilhoon blinked. "This is too much."

"I said don't worry about it." Ilhoon tried to re-hook the bracelet onto Subin's wrist but she pulled away.

"You're a great friend Ilhoon. And...I hope we can stay like that." Subin felt horrible, but knew she had to get it out sooner or later. She knew Ilhoon had feelings for her, but she only wanted to be friends. She didn't want to hurt his feelings epsecially on Christmas.

"What do you mean?" Ilhoon looked at her.

"Ilhoon," Subin began, "You have always been there for me. You've done so much to help me become who I am today. I know you care about me. I care about you too." Subin looked down. "It's just that I don't think we see our relationship the same way, you know what I mean?" Subin hoped he could make sense of what she was trying to say.

"I-I understand." Ilhoon said looking down. He cleared his throat. "I'm glad I could be there for you. I always will be."  Subin felt tears start to brim in her eyes. She couldn't imagine how much she disappointed him.

Ilhoon knew how much Subin liked Sungjae. But he thought he could change that. He thought he had a chance with her. But, there was something about Sungjae that Ilhoon didn't have and he still couldn't figure that out. Subin frowned and reached for his hand, but Ilhoon pulled it back. He looked up and faked a smile. "You ready to go?"

Subin was surprised by the mood change. "Uh,"

"The party already started." He got up from his seat. "Come on, I'll walk you there." Subin looked up at him. She saw a smile but sensed pain in his eyes. "Make sure you grab a jacket. It's a blizzard out there." He helped her up and handed her her crutches. Before taking her crutches, she pulled Ilhoon into a hug. She hugged him tightly, feeling a tear fall down her cheek. Ilhoon stood there and slowly pulled her arms off of him. "We should get going."

 

 


omg btob's comeback is soon~^^

sorry IlhoonxSubin shippers if I ruined your Valentine's day.

Make sure you guys comment!

I'll try my best to update a little more often.

I love you all <3