Chapter 6

I Like You More (Than You Like Me)

A/N: I should've combined this chapter with the last one, but oh well. Thanks for reading!

I think you guys will like this one^^

(btw the pic above is of Chaejin, Hyuk, and Sungjae^^)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Ugh, that physics test was sooo hard!" 

"Aish, I know. I'm pretty sure I bombed it."

It was lunch time at Hanlim Arts High. Sungjae sat at his usual table with his fellow '95 liners: Hyuk from VIXX and Chaejin from MYNAME.

"My parents are gonna kill me if I fail." Hyuk whined.

"Tell me about it. I didn't even have time to study!" Chaejin exclaimed. "Sungjae, what did you think of the test?"

Sungjae looked up from his bowl of noodles and finished it before answering. "I'm pretty sure I aced it." Sungjae had a solid face. Both Chaejin and Hyuk laughed.

"Nah, I know you, Sungjae. Kekeke. You never study!" Hyuk said. He was right. Sungjae was a slacker. It wasn't that he didn't choose to study. He just didn't understand half the stuff they talked about in physics class. So he just gave up. Subjects that involved equations, solving, calculating etc. were his worst subjects. However, he was an excellent music/arts student. That's all that mattered at an arts school, right?

Meanwhile, two guys came from the cafeteria to their table. They placed their trays down and sat. "Annyeong!" Jongup greeted them cheerfully, opening his chopsticks. Ilhoon did the same.

"Wah. That kimbap looks so good!" Sungjae said looking at Ilhoon's plate. "Can I try?" Sungjae started picking from Ilhoon's tray with his chopsticks, but Ilhoon slapped him away.

"Yah! Get your hands off my food! This is my lunch!" Ilhoon said annoyed. Sungjae frowned.

"You can have one of mine!" Jongup said with a smile. He gave on to Sungjae.

"Oh! Gomawo!" Sungjae's frown turned upside down.

"You're so childish maknae." Ilhoon teased and shook his head. Sungjae ignored him and stuffed the whole kimbap in his mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subin was lost. She didn't know where the cafeteria was. The school was huge! She was finally able to make her way into the lunch room by following a group of girls. When she got there, it was like paradise. The cafeteria was full of chefs. Long tables were set up with a huge selection of food. Subin could smell the deliciousness of it. Too bad she already had her own lunch.

Subin had to find a place to sit. The cafeteria was full of students. Being the new girl was hard; especially at an arts school like this. She made her way around the room, looking for a place to sit. She'd sit by herself since she hadn't made any friends yet. Subin finally spotted a small table by the window. As she made her way over there, she saw a familiar face from a distance. He stood out with his bright blond hair. He saw him eye-smiling. It was Jongup from B.A.P! She was pretty sure it was him.

She made it to her table and opened her lunch box. What had Unnie's prepared for me today? There were small portions of japchae, fish cakes, kimchi rice, and kimbap. Man, I'm  gonna stink after this. She hungrily tried one of the fishcakes. Mmmhmm. So good.

Subin looked over at the table where she saw Jongup. Where she sat, she had a great view. She noticed that that table was full of kpop idols. She was so amazed by this school. She had a kpop idol in every one of her classes! She loved the idol life...so far.

Looking over, she noticed that Ilhoon and Sungjae were sitting there too.

Sungjae.

Subin couldn't believe that she was at the same school as Yook Sungjae. Looking at him now, his mouth was full of something. Like he'd just stuffed something inro his mouth. He tried chewing, but it was impossible. He was chomping. Subin snickered. She loved his weird personality.

Her stomach growled suddenly.She stopped staring and stuffed her face with kimchi rice. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So you guys know about the new girl?" Ilhoon asked the guys at the table.

"What new girl?" Hyuk cluelessly asked.

"She was the girl I was walking with this morning." Ilhoon said.

"Oh yeah, I think I know who you're talking about. She has long hair and kind of short?" Chaejin said. He looked over and spotted her at a table not too far from them. "She-she's over there." He said pointing. "That's her right?" The boys turned there heads toward where Chaejin was pointing. Sungjae looked over as well. That girl was indeed her.

"Ne ne. That's her." Ilhoon said. "Cute isn't she?" he added.

"She is pretty cute." Hyuk said smiling. "So is she a singer?"

"Ne." Sungjae aswered. Ilhoon wasn't the only one who knew about this girl.

"Jinja? You know her too?" Hyuk asked.

Sungjae nodded. "She's a trainee for CUBE. She-"

"Her group is going to debut soon." Ilhoon said cutting Sungjae off.

"Woah~exciting!" Hyuk said with a smile.

Sungjae looked over at her again. When she'd look up, he'd look away, then look back. She stared out the window. She was eating lunch all by herself. She sat alone. The chair in front of her...empty. Sungjae wanted to be with her. He wanted to talk to her. His heart was beating fast again. Come on Sungjae. Just go up there. Sungjae had to learn how to be a man. He wanted to prove that he wasn't childish

You're just going to talk to her. Make friends. Just be yourself, Sungjae. Who knows. Maybe she'll like you.

It took all of Sungjae's strength to get up from his seat. He was gonna do it. "Where are you going, Sungjae?" He heard Jongup ask. Sungjae ignored him and focused on his priority. He started walking toward her. She didn't notice him yet. He walked, nervously. His heart going over it's speed limit. Suddenly, Sungjae was blocked by someone else. A figure had made it's way over there before he did. Sungjae stopped where he was and saw that Ilhoon beat him. He sat himself down infront of Subin. Sungjae had lost his chance. He walked back to his table.

"You're back!" Hyuk said cheerfully.

"What were you doing?" asked Chaejin.

"Sorry. I thought I-uh dropped something back there." He lied then sat back down.

The guys started talking about American pop stars.

"Justin Bieber's the whole reason why I wanted to become a star." Hyuk explained.

"Oh Bieber?" Chaejin asked. "I like the Justin Timberlake. He's better than Bieber."

"Aniii! Justin Bieber sang 'Baby, Baby, Baby, ohhhhh~'"

"But Timberlake sang 'I'm bringing seckshi back~'"

The two started arguing about which Justin was better. Jongup covered his ears and yelled.

"NO. CHRIS BROWN IS WHERE IT'S AT!"

Sungjae laughed. As the boys settled down, he checked on Subin. Ilhoon and her were talking. He must have said something hilarious since she kept laughing. She even hit his arm. They looked like they were enjoying themselves. Sungjae wished he could make her laugh one day.

I should be the one talking to her. Why is Ilhoon always getting in the way?

For the next couple of days, Sungjae would witness the same thing. In the morning, Ilhoon always sat in the middle so that Subin could sit next to him in the car. Then, they'd walk to first period together. At lunch, Ilhoon would ditch their table and sit with her instead. Day by day, Sungjae would see this happen. He didn't know if Ilhoon was just being nice or was interested in her. She was probably interested in him too.

Until now, after about a week of going to school together, Sungjae had barely spoken to her. It's because of Ilhoon! Just when I have the confidence and guts to talk to her, he always gets in the way! Give me a chance! The only time Sungjae remembered him and Subin talking was way back when they first met. Sungjae still cherished that moment in his head. Since then, they've never really spoken to each other. Just a couple of hellos, heys, and see yas.

Aigoo. Why do I feel this way? Why does my heart keep beating like this? Is there something wrong with me? Is it puberty? Or maybe something else...I think I like someone. Yeah. I know it. There's someone I like. I like her. She doesn't know it. But, I like her. She doesn't know much about me. But, I still like her. She makes me feel this way. The only way to stop it is to confess. Let it all out. I wanna make her mine. Though we're still just strangers...what should I do? otokke...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subin walked through the crowded halls at Hanlim Arts High School. She finally made it to her classroom. When she pulled the door handle, the door was locked. She read the sign on the door: Meet in computer lab. Room 207. Subin didn't know where the computer lab was! Room 207. She walked through the halls trying to find it herself before asking anyone. She had already made her way at the other end of the school and still couldn't find it. She was lost now. She was thinking of asking someone, but didn't know who to ask. She tapped a random girl;s shoulder from behind. A girl with bangs and thick rimmed glasses turned around.

"Can you help me find room 207?"

"Um sure. First, you go through there, then right there. And once you get there you walk straight ahead, go down the hallway, and it will be on your right hand side." The girl then left before Subin could ask her to repeat it again. She was left confused. She started walking down the hall again.

The bell rang. She was late. The halls were empty now. She panicked. She knew she was in trouble. As she walked, she saw someone else walking in front of her. She ignored him at first and paid attention to the room numbers.

As they got closer, the boy looked familiar. Her heart almost stopped when she saw his face. He was looking down, but she knew who it was.

Sungjae.

They were getting closer now, walking from opposite ends of the hall. Sungjae finally looked up. She saw his adorable face and found it hard to breathe. She looked at him, hoping he'd noticeher. As they passed by, they caught each others glance and exchanged friendly smiles. It only lasted about a second, but it was the best thing that had ever happened to Subin in a long time.

They were facing opposite directions now. After that moment, Subin realized that she didn't know where she was going. She was still lost. A brilliant thought popped in her head. She was gonna ask Sungjae. She had no choice. She called suddenly, "Sungjae, oppa!" He turned around and saw Subin walking back to him. 

She finally made it by his side. Sungjae looked at her. "Sungjae," Subin began. "Mianhe. I need you help me find the computer lab. I've been searching everywhere!"

Sungjae smiled. "Of course. No problem. I was actually heading over that way."

"Oh. Gomawo." She bowed. Sungjae smiled again. He couldn't help but smile. He was happy to be with her.

"Come on, follow me." The two made there way side by side, through the quiet halls. Subin's face felt hot. Aigoo~Sungjae oppa is so kind. She noticed how short she was compared to him. She wasn't even up to his shoulders! The two remained silent for a while. It was awkward.

Sungjae finally cleared his throat, breaking the silence. "You're late~" he teased.

"So are you!" She shot back. "What are you doing out in the halls?" Subin asked him.

"I usually take my time. The teachers love me here. They always excuse me. Always."

"And why is that?"

"Because I'm Sungjae! Who can deny this?" He said pointing at his face. He then let out a laugh assuring that he was just playing. Subin laughed at his lameness.

"What's you're next class anyway?" Subin asked.

"Music theory. Right over here." He said pointing at room 206."You're over there. Room 207."

"Oh, we're here already?" Subin said not realizing it. "Thanks again, oppa."

"Yep...it was nice seeing you," He said nervously.

"You too." Subin smiled then waved before opening the door. She saw Sungjae do the same. They both looked at each other again, then nodded before disappearing into their classrooms.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So whatcha think about it so far?

I wanna know ;A; I love reading comments! 

Thanks for sticking with me! I love you all (^3^)

 

 

Ilhoon and Sungjae<3 whose side are you on?