Chapter 14

I Like You More (Than You Like Me)

A9L9-x3CYAI0h1o.jpg

 

 

Blue: Sungjae

Red: Subin

The United Cube Concert, which happened every year in Korea, was about to happen again. All the Cube artists had to prepare two weeks prior for the concert. There would be performances by all Cube Entertainment artists along with special stages. They've traveled around to places like Tokyo, Bangkok, Jakarta, London, and of course Seoul. This time, The CEO of Cube, Hong Seungsong, scheduled this year's concert to be held in New York City.The artists met up in the Cube meeting room today to hear about the news.

"Are you serious? We're gonna have the Cube concert in America?! YES!!" Peniel cheered. The rest of the artists clapped and cheered as well. But mostly Peniel and Sara. They couldn't wait to visit their home country again while the rest were excited to go for the first time.

"Wahh! Hong Seungsong-nim, you're the best!" Changseob hugged the CEO and started jumping.

"Ne ne, settle down now kids," he hushed. "I am now going to announce who's performing what, so listen up." He held up a piece of paper and cleared his throat. The artists were squealing with excitement.

Please be a duet with Sungjae. Please be a duet with Sungjae. Subin crossed her fingers and pleaded in her head.

"Okay, first we have Jihyun and Eunkwang performing their duet, Love Virus."

"Woo~!! Yeah!! Alright! " Eunkwang screamed and jumped in place like a monkey. "We got this bebe~" He pointed at her and winked. Jihyun looked up to the ceiling, "Wae~" she whined to herself. Though he had one of the best singing voices ever, she found Eunkwang very annoying. He'd always try to flirt with her which creeped her out. She wasn't very thrilled about this duet.

"Next we have Yoseob and Eunji singing their song, Love Day." This time, both looked excited.

"We also have Minhyuk, Hyunseung, Gikwang, and Jihoon performing a Michael Jackson medley."

"Wow! No way!!" The boys high fived each other.

Sungjae glanced at Subin from across the room. She listened carefully as Seungsong continued to read out loud. What if Subin and I had a special stage? Like a duet or something? Wah, would that be nice... Sungjae put his arms behind his back and crossed his fingers.

"Next we have Ilhoon performing with one of our rookies," Songseung-nim began, "Snow's Nam Subin will be performing Trouble Maker with him before Hyunseung and Hyuna take the stage."

Subin's jaw dropped when she heard that she was going to perform Trouble Maker with none other than Ilhoon. "Omo. Jinja?" She blushed and covered her face. She couldn't dance or act y to save her life. And Trouble Maker was one of the iest dances to perform. She laughed in embarrassment.

Ilhoon was also surprised but thrilled at the same time. "Wahh!" He had his hands on his face as well.

Sungjae was not as thrilled. He couldn't believe Subin, out of all the girls from their company, was chosen to dance a routine with Ilhoon. Trouble Maker? Out of all the songs they could have done, it fatefully had to be Trouble Maker. Seriously. Who planned this?

"Also from Btob," Songseung continued, "we have Sungjae perfoming Love Time by Lee Seunggi." He said. Sungjae was surprised to have his own special stage. But Songseung continued, "This will be kind of a skit as well. Along with Sungjae, we'll have Apink's Hayoung be on stage acting out a scene as he sings. It'll be like a visual for the audience. I'll give you two the scripts later on."

Hayoung squealed. "Eeeeee, this is so exciting! I can't wait!" She clapped and hopped in place waving at Sungjae.

Sungjae cringed inside and forced a smile. Aish. I'm paired up with her again? Wae?? Wae does this have to happen to mee! Really, who planned this? Sungjae looked over at Subin again, disappointed they weren't going to have a duet together. I guess it is not meant to be. He sighed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Short one! Please anticipate for the next one^-^