Chapter 5

I Like You More (Than You Like Me)

A/N: Really short one~ Hope you enjoy >.<

__________________________________________________________________________________________

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BE-* Subin got up from the obnoxious noise of her alarm clock.

It was a Monday morning. Subin was getting ready for school. It wasn't just any school. She would be attending her very first day at the ever so famous, Hanlim Arts High School. She was nervous. She was afraid she wouldn't make any friends or like the teachers. What if I don't fit in?

Hanlim Arts High was the same high school where all the popular kpop stars went to. Cube transferred her since she would debut soon. After washing up, she took her uniform out of the closet. She admired how cute their uniforms looked. She couldn't wait to try it on.

When she finished, she made her way to the kitchen and found Minji and Sara preparing something. As soon as they saw Subin, they greeted her. "Good morning sleepy head!" 

Subin greeted them back. "Good Morning...Why are you guys up so early?"

"Since it's your first day of school, we knew you needed good energy." Minji said.

"So we made you breakfast!" Sara presented her a plate of waffles topped with berries and cream along with an extra plate of bacon.

'Mmmhmm. Looks gooood! Gomawo!" Subin devoured her waffles and munched on her bacon.

"Subin," Minji began, "Manager Oppa called. He said you'll have to be down at 7:00 to catch your ride to school."

Subin wiped her face. "Ne. Araso." After Subin finished her plate clean, she checked the time: 6:58

"Omo. I'm late!" She hurriedly picked up her school bag and made her way out the door. Before stepping out , she heard, "WAIT!" Subin looked back. "You need this!" Sara handed her a tupperware." We made you lunch." Sara said with a smile. Subin stuffed it into her bag.

"Thanks so much, Unnies!" And with that, she jolted our the door, hoping she didn't miss her ride.

She was out of breath once she made it to the parking lot outside their dorm. She spotted a black BMW. The windows tinted, doors shiny; it looked high class. A man leaned on the outside of it. Subin wondered if it was her ride. She walked up to him, but before she asked, he'd spoken first.

"Subin?" He asked.

She nodded. "Ne. This is the ride to HAHS, right?"

"Yes 'mam. I will be your driver, JiYong." They shook hands. He opened the door before her. She gave him a smile in thanks. As she ducked her head in the car, she was surprised to find company. 

"Annyeong!!!" A cheerful, brown haired male greeted her with a smile. Subin was amazed to see that he was the one and only, Jung Ilhoon. 

She smiled and nervously said, "A-annyeonghaseyo.." She finally took her seat right beside him. She was in shock. Her body froze.

"I'm Ilhoon." He said with the cutest smile on his face. She couldn't believe it was Ilhoon! "And you must be the maknae of that new girl group. Am I right?"

"Ne~I'm Nam Subin."

"Nice to meet you, Subin. We missed you the other day. We heard you were sick."

"Oh, yeah, that was me. But, I'm not sick anymore." She assured him.

"Yah, did you introduce yourself?" He spoke to the person beside him. She didn't even realize that there was someone on the other side of Ilhoon. The person leaned forward and looked at her. The two met eyes. "Annyeong~" He smiled and waved. "Yook Sungjae-imnida."

Subin couldn't believe that Sungjae was there too. She smiled back and greeted him the same. "Annyeong~Subin-imnida." She'd already told him her name once. She just wanted to be sure that he knew it well. Subin nearly fainted. She couldn't believe this was happening to her right now. BTOB...in the same car as me?! asdfghjkl

"So Subin," Ilhoon began. Subin fangirled a little inside when he said her name. She looked at him calmly in response.

"Where do you come from originally?"

Subin cleared and replied, "I'm from Busan."

"Busan? Huh. You don't seem to have an accent." Subin did have a Busan accent, but since she had move to Seoul during her trainee days, she had to get used to Seoul's dialect. She'd worked hard on Seoul's accent and used it casually now. She only spoke with a Busan dialect on the phone with her family at home. She explained all this to Ilhoon. "Ahh..araso." He nodded.

"Like Jung Yonghwa and Jung Daehyun. They had to go through the same thing. You get made fun of here in Seoul if you're from Busan." She added.

"Nah." Ilhoon said. "But, can we hear you say something anyway? With a Busan accent?" Ilhoon asked.

Subin shook her head. "Ani." She was too embarrassed.

"Come on. Just one phrase." Ilhoon begged with puppy lip aegyo. Ilhoon continued to look like for a while. This was way too cute for Subin. She wanted to squish him. She had no choice but to give him what he wanted. She thought of a good phrase.

"Can I call Ilhoon oppa?~" She let out with a Busan accent.

Ilhoon's puppy dog face turned into his scrunched up eye-smile, laughing face. He squealed and clapped. Subin knew he'd make fun of it. "Don't laugh!" She said.

"Aniii, It was cuuuute! Again! Again!" Ilhoon begged.

From the other side of Ilhoon, she heard Sungjae laughing. His contagious, obnoxious, goofy laugh which sounded like music to her ears. She even saw JiYong, the driver, smiling.

They all seemed to be entertained. She waited for them to calm down. Ilhoon wiped a tear from his eye. It was all of a sudden silent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sungjae found Subin's accent unexpectedly adorable. He couldn't help but laugh at how cute it turned out to be. Ever since the beginning of the ride, it's been Ilhoon who had been doing all the talking. Sungjae really wanted to talk to Subin too. Their little convo when they first met wasn't bad. He wished he knew how to talk to girls like Ihoon did though. She seemed to enjoy talking to Ilhoon.

"Yah! Sungjae, wae you so quiet? It isn't opposite day is it?" Subin laughed at Ilhoon's comment. Sungjae fake laughed at his joke. "Why am I doing all the talking? Talk to the new girl." Sungjae looked over at Subin. She caught eyes at him.  His heart jumped. He quickly looked another direction.Subin smiled at him, but he didn't see it. Ilhoon continued. "I'm done doing the talking. You wanna ask her something?" Sungjae looked down and thought. What should I say? I can ask what's her favorite food, but that's just random. Think deeper...

It was time for Sungjae to shine, but he was all out of words. He didn't know what to say. This never happened before. He always had something to say. He tried to come up with something. "Um...What's your schedule?"

"Yeah! Let's see your schedule!" Ilhoon said.

"Schedule?" Subin dug through her bag and took out a folded piece of paper. She quickly skimmed through it.

"May I see it?" She handed it to Ilhoon. "Looks like we have 1st period together!" Ilhoon sang. "Aw.That's it though.You have any classes, Sungjae?" Sungjae looked and skimmed through her schedule. No matches.

"Nope." Sungjae was unhappy by this. He was hoping to have at least one class with her. He wouldn't be able to see her a school then.

Subin too was disappointed. She wished she had a class with Sungjae. School would be way more interesting if they shared a class. At least she had one with Ilhoon.

The car stopped and they realized that they already arrived at the school. Subin looked out the window. The school was beautiful. She was so excited. JiYong opened the door for them.

"Good luck on your first day, Subin." JiYong said before leaving. Subin smiled and thanked him.

Subin got out the car and stared at the huge campus. "Wow." she said. Ilhoon put an arm around her shoulder.

He lead her to the school. "Welcome to Hanlim Arts High School. Where all your dreams come true~"

Sungjae rolled his eyes. Watching her made him happy, but with Ilhoon, not so much. Seeing her again gave him odd feelings. It made his chest do that weird thing where it sped 10x faster than usual. He heard her giggle at one of Ilhoon's jokes. They seemed to like each other. Sungjae wished he had charm like Ilhoon.

Seeing her with Ilhoon gave him a different sense. It wasn't jealousy...or was it? Why would he be jealous? He just met the girl. She's still kind of a stranger to him. Sungjae let out a big breath, making a cloud.

The couple continuted to enjoy themselves as Sungjae followed behind them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

How is it so far??  Please tell me your thoughts~whether it's good or bad

Thanks for subscribing (^o^)