Chapter 4

I Like You More (Than You Like Me)

Yay. You made it through the boring parts..kk..I mean the story's gonna get better from now on:)

Thanks, to my handful of subscribers (^_^)<3<3

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Subin woke up today feeling much better. Her headache was gone, didn't feel sore, and she was finally able to breathe through her nose. She was well enough to go back to practice. They only had a month before their official debut.

After breakfast, the girls headed to the Cube Studio. Subin was excited to finally be back.

The Cube Studio was only a matter of minutes away from their dorm. Subin loved the atmosphere here. Everything was just a walking distance away. There were shopping centers, restaraunts, parks, a bowling alley, spas, etc. Plus there was the Cube Cafe and the Cube studio/office itself, surrounded by the artists' dorms.

Subin was hoping to run into some famous artists today at the studio. She envied the other members in her group. She found out about BTOB's visit the day before. "Aigoo! Are you serious?" She pouted."I hate being sick."

Subin knew she would meet them eventually. She was hoping today would be the day.

Once they arrived to the studio, they met up with their dance instructor, Fei.The girls had been working hard for the past four months, practicing their routine with Fei. They pretty much had the dance down. It was just the matter of getting the dancing and singing in sync. With only a year worth of training, Subin wasn't much of a dancer. It was never her thing. She loved it though, which was why she was determined to work hard. Since she'd missed a few days of practice, she had to work extra hard today to catch up.

"Okay, I wanna see you guys go through it once." Fei told them.

The girls got into their positions and started the song. Everything was going well for the most part. Subin thought she remembered the choreography, but since she was gone for a while, she forgot some moves. She ended up making a few errors in her steps. She was hoping Fei didn't notice. It got to the verse, Subin continued to bump and trip, making it obvious to Fei that she was causing a disaster. When the song ended, the girls turned to Fei.

 "Alright. Since it's Subin's first day back, we'll go through it again. Remember to keep in rythym. Feel the beat.  It's one, two, three, four." Fei demonstrated the correct moves to Subin. Subin nodded. "Okay, girls. Impress me."

The song began again. Subin had to focus. She didn't want to dissapoint anyone. She started with a strong start, but when it got to the part where she struggled at most, she panicked and lost her timing. She didn't dare to look at Fei. She was embarrassed. She continued through the song, trying her best to catch up with the others, but she ended up either hitting someone of stumbling. It ended up being worse than the first time. Fei stopped them in the middle of the song.

"Subin what's up with you today?" Baenim asked in an irritating way.

"Subin, we've been practicing this dance for months now. Why are you still making mistakes?"

"Mianhae. Jeongmal-mianhae." Subin said embarrassed.

Fei looked at her. "Okay," she began."Subin, I know it's you're first day back, but can you please show some improvement? I haven't been seeing any progress from you. You need to step it up. You're dancing as if you had no training at all." This hit Subin hard. She was doing the best she could. It was all just too hard for her.

"Mianhae, Unnie. I'll do my best."

They continued for hours going through the same routine over and over again. Everytime Subin made just one mistake (which she continued to do) they had to redo the song again and again and again. This stressed out the other members. They had everything down and perfect already, while Subin was still struggled on the basic steps. She just wasn't getting it. She was stressed.

The girls were all drenched in sweat. They've been practicing since lunch time and it was about time for dinner. They needed a break. It was time for them to leave after a long day of practice. Fei dismissed them. "Okay, you guys did awesome today. Great work. You guys could go. See ya girls tomorrow." The girls quickly gathered their stuff.

Subin was glad that practice was over. She was exhausted. Fei suddenly called out Subin and said "But Subin, I want you too stay for a little bit. I need to work on some things with you." Subin didn't see this coming. She thought she was done for the day.

She dragged herself up to Fei as she watched the rest of the girls happily make their way out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What!? We're out of water! Someone get some!" Eunkwang opened their small mini fridge only to find it completely empty. BTOB was at the studio practicing the dance for their new comeback.

"Ja! I'm dying here. Someone get us some water!" Eunkwang ordered.

"No, hyung. You get it." Hyunsik told him.

"But I'm Leader, and you're supposed get things for me." Eunkwang assured him.

"Agh, I don't feel like getting it. Why don't you ask the maknaes to do it?"

"Good idea." Eunkwang called Ilhoon and Sungjae.

"What?! You want us to get you some water?" Sungjae said.

"Yah! What's the big deal about getting water?" Eunkwang was irritated that no one wanted to get him water.

Sungjae scratched his head."Aigoo. I don't know where to find water." Sungjae turned to Ilhoon and hit his arm. "Yah, you know where to get some?"

"Uh, there's a hose outside. You can go there." Ilhoon said plainly.

"But it's dark outside, I don't wanna go out there myself." Sungjae whined.

"He was joking Sungjae." Eunkwang told him. "Come on guys, I'm thirsy! Can one of you guys just stop by the Cube Cafe and get us some bottles of water?"

"I'm not doing it." Ilhoon said unvolunteeringly. 

"Just do scissor, paper, rock or something!" Eunkwang suggested.

Ilhoon and Sungjae had a battle. Sungjae ended up losing.

"Aniyaaa!" Sungjae screamed. Ilhoon laughed. Eunkwang handed him some money before he left.

 

When Sungjae got out the door, he ran into a group of girls. They looked like they just worked out. Sungjae recognized them. They were the girls from 5now.

 "Oh, annyeong!" Sungjae cheerfully said and waved.

"Hey! It's Sungjae oppa!" The girls waved back at him. They didn't stop at all to chat or anything. As the girls passed by, Sungjae did a quick head count. He counted only four. He noticed that she was still absent. "She's probably still sick." Sungjae longed to see her again. Then again, he wasn't 100% sure that the maknae of 5now was really the girl he saw at the market.

Sungjae bought water bottles for all seven of members plus their manager. He held them all in both arms, hoping none of them would drop. He made his way up the elevator and paced through the different hallways. He heard loud music blasting from one of the rooms down one hallway. The song sounded very familar. He walked down that hallway to get a better listen. It was a catchy tune. It was sung by a female group. Sungjae then realized that it was 5now's song, the one that they've been practicing yesterday.

Sungjae continued to listen from outside. He really liked the song. "Wait, I thought I just saw them leave?" He wondered what was going on in there. He heard an instructors voice counting. Who could be in there? The door was open,so Sungjae took a peek.

He saw the backs of a dance instructor and a trainee. The song began to play again. Who else could be dancing to 5now's song other than 5now? Could it be her? Maybe she was feeling better today.Her back did look familiar to him. He flashed back to the time when he watched her from behind as she helped out that hobo. It wasn't until she turned around that she'd left an impression on Sungjae.

I just have to see her face, then I'll know.

Sungjae stood outside the door and watched for a while. She was really giving it her all. To Sungjae, it looked liked she'd been practicing for hours. Her back was covered in sweat. When the song ended, the dance instructor said "You're doing better! We still need to work on your facial expressions. We'll do that tomorrow."

"Thanks, Unnie." Subin, out of breath, plopped herself down onto the floor. She covered her face with her hands.

The instructor made her way out the door. "See ya, Subin!" Subin looked up from her hands and waved bye.

Sungjae was still hidden outside of the door as the dance instructor walked out. Luckily, she went the other way. He went back and peeked through the door. He saw Subin on her knees, her palms buried in her face.

Her stress level had reached it's maximum level. She was so tired and so hot. Even from behind, Sungjae could tell she was really exhausted.

She lifted her head from her hands and stared at the mirror. She was all sweaty and her face was red. She looked horrible. "Why can't I get it right?" she asked herself.

She got up from her feet and decided to do the song again. From the top, she did the whole routine.

As the music played, Sungjae watched her every move. He was suprised that she was still full of energy. He thought she was tired. Watching her, Sungjae thought she wasn't half bad. Her moves seemed to be on time. She started slowing down and stopped in the middle of the song. She was out of breath. Subin felt like she'd worked herself too hard. She really needed a break.

Sungjae watched as she walked across the room. Her back still towards him. She grabbed a towel and wiped all the sweat off her face. She walked around, and ended up facing him, though her face was still covered. Sungjae hid just in case.

He felt his head start to throb and his body felt numb. His heart was beating fast again, making it hard to breathe. Why is he experiencing al lof these weird feelings? All of a sudden, there was a loud thump. A water bottle had slipped out of Sungjae's arms. Both Sungjae and Subin heard it slam onto the floor, startling them both. It ended up rolling into the practice room.

"Yoboseyo?" Subin asked. She spotted the water bottle. It lay their awkwardly. She was confused.

"Who's there?" Nobody answered. Sungjae heard her voice calling. He just couldn't come in. He already knew it was her. He knew it. He panicked. He could run away,but he needed to get that water bottle. But then he'd expose himself. He didn't want her to think that he was stalking her. Plus he didn't have the guts to face her. He had an idea though.

Subin waited for a reply. She watched the open door, expecting someone to come in. Instead, saw a hand slowly come from outside the door. It "sneakily" took the bottle away. Sungjae thought he got away with it, but then he heard her voice again.

"Yah! I saw that!" She laughed at how sneaky the person thought he was. "I'm not joking. Who's there?" Sungjae just stood by the door. Should he reveal himself?

Subin assumed it was just one of her groupmates playing a trick on her. She waited for them to come out before she had to look out there herself. She watched the door and waited. "Aish. This is annoying." After packing up all of her stuff, she made her way out the door.

Sungjae wouldn't come out. He suddenly heard footsteps coming towards the door. He panicked again and quickly picked up the water bottles from the floor.

Subin finally made it by the door and saw her suspect. "Yah!" Sungjae hopped. She scared him. He kept his head down as he continued to pick up the water bottles.

"You're caught!" Subin shouted playfully. She didn't recognize him. His face was hidded and he had a hat on. He didn't say anything. Subin watched him. "Why didn't you come in when I called you?" He didn't reply. She crossed her arms and felt a little frustrated by him.

Sungjae felt bad for not answering her. He stuffed the last bottle under his armpit. Still facing the floor, he slowly stood up. He towered over her. He finally lifted his head and met eyes with her. Sungjae thought that was a bad idea because his heart started racing again. It beat hard against his chest. He had to try and bear it.

It's her. I knew it. Sungjae remembered her face from last time. Her fresh looking face was now sweaty, but Sungjae still found it cute.

Subin froze in shock. For a moment, the two stood there, looking at each other, admiring and cherishing what stood before them. Subin couldn't believe it. Could he be? Am I dreaming? Had I fallen asleep on the floor? It had been a long day at the studio after all. This couldn't be happening right now. I'm dreaming... She shook out of it.

"S-sungjae...o-oppa?"

He saw her wide eyed face and  and noticed how shocked she looked. He couldn't help but smile. She know who I am. She even called me oppa. Sungjae felt all tingly inside. "Ne. Annyeonghaseyo." He bowed to her.

She wanted to jump and squeal, but this wasn't a computer this time. This was real life. She bit her lip to keep herself from any noise. It was really him. She had to control her feelings, or she'd make a fool out of her fangirl self. She bowed back at him. She had a smile on her face now.

Sungjae saw it and felt all warm. He loved eye smiles. He spoke again, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt you. I guess my plan of sneaking my hand in didn't work."

"It's alright. You just scared me a little there." She laughed. She couldn't believe she was talking to Sungjae.

"You were scared?" Sungjae asked playfully.

"Yeah! I thought someone was playing a trick on me!"

"No, one of these just fell from my arms." Subin looked down at the water bottles in Sungjae's arms.

"What are you gonna do with all those anyway?" Sungjae thought. He had forgotten about his hyungs.

"Oh! These are for hyungs. They ordered me to get them all water."

"Oh, they must be waiting." Subin began. "Mianhae for holding you up."

"No, no. You're not." Sungjae smiled. Subin's cheeks blushed. They stood there again, waiting for nothing. "I better get going," Sungjae finally said. "Before they die of dehydration," he joked.

This made Subin laughed. Sungjae always made her laugh. "O-okay. It was nice meeting you." She smiled and bowed. When she got back up, she started gazing at his face.

"It was nice to meet you too..." Sungjae trailed off. He didn't get her name.

Subin was lost staring at Sungjae's face. His skin is so milky and flawless. His facial structure and features are just perfect. Omo. How can someone this handsome exist?~ She thought of this before she realized that he was waiting for her.

"Oh, uh. Sorry." She blushed in embarrassment. "I'm Subin. Nam Subin, maknae and vocalist of new girl girl group Snow." She introduced herself properly.

Sungjae smiled and tried to act suprised. "Oh, so you're the fifth member!" His wide eyes made Subin squeal inside. Wae are you so cute?  He continued, "We missed you yesterday!"

Subin was speechless. She couldn't go on anymore without screaming her head off. They finally waved goodbye.

Wow, that went way smoother that I'd expected. Sungjae was proud that he was able to remain calm. He seemed cool to her on the outside while in the inside, he was a nervous wreck. His heart began to beat at a normal rate as he walked away. 

Subin remained where she was for a while, gathering her thoughts. Did I just talk to oppa? She still couldn't believe what had just happened. Aigoo. He was so handsome~ Then she realized how ugly she must have looked to him. She was a complete mess. Her makeup must have been smudged and her hair was all tangled. She slapped her forehead. "Aish," she said under her breath.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So yeah...XD

Can anyone imagine Sungjae being nervous?

 

tumblr_mcu682LX6W1r8iaaao1_250.gif  Turns out he's never awkward around girls~OTL