Chapter 21

I Like You More (Than You Like Me)

A/N: Just kidding, this is the last chapter T.T

Hope you enjoy every last word of it :P


Two months later…

 

BREAKING NEWS: BTOB’S SUNGJAE AND 5NOW’S SUBIN REPORTED TO BE DATING

 

YOOK SUNGJAE AND NAM SUBIN SPOTTED WALKING HAND-N-HAND IN SEOUL  

 

SUNGJAE + SUBIN = HOTTEST NEW COUPLE?!

 

MAKNAE LOVE: WILL IT BE SUNGBIN OR SUJAE?

 

SUNGJAE REPORTED TO BE DATING CLOSE FRIEND – WILL FANS APPROVE?

 

Ilhoon clicked his phone off and left it on the kitchen table. He couldn’t go through twitter without seeing the same thing pop up over and over again. He’s had enough for the day. He decided it would be a good idea to get out of the dorm and clear out his thoughts. He grabbed his phone and headed out the door.

“Yah! Ilhoon, where are you going?” Eunkwang shouted from the living room full of the rest of the members’ bodies.

“Just going for a walk outside.”

“But it’s movie night! You’re missing the movie!”

“You guys go ahead and watch it without me. I-I have some stuff to take care of.”

“But I saved you a pillow!” Sungjae shouted before Ilhoon slammed the door shut.

 

It was a chilly February night. Ilhoon tucked his hands into his coat pockets and exhaled. He didn’t know where he was headed, he just kept walking. He tried his best to clear his head, to think of other things but the most recent news. He tried forgetting her face, he tried forgetting her name, her voice, her laugh, her touch, her scent. He tried forgetting it all, but it was impossible. He liked her so much. If it was safe to say, he would’ve told her he loved her, but that was not the way she felt for him. One way love .

Ever since that night on Christmas Day, which he now refers to as the Day of Heartbreak, he still couldn’t understand why he was rejected. He thought he gave her everything, but he guessed that wasn’t enough to win her love. He envied Sungjae for whatever his secret weapon was.

There wasn’t a day Subin left his mind. Never, since the day he met her. Ilhoon had to forget about her now. He had to permanently erase her from his thoughts. Maybe not permanently.

Ilhoon pinched his ear. The whole point of his walk was to not think about Subin, so he started thinking about cats and bubblegum and coffee. He could smell the fresh scent of espresso and spotted a coffee shop nearby. He wasn’t in the mood for coffee earlier, but the smell enthralled him to walk inside.

When he walked in there wasn’t anyone inside but a single barista wiping down tables. “Oh, are you closed?” Ilhoon asked.

The young lady looked up and replied. “Not yet. We close in five minutes.”

Ilhoon was relieved. He was craving to order something. The barista ran up to the register and took his order. As the young lady took his order, he thought he saw a familiar face. He swore when she smiled to give him his change she looked exactly like Subin. He watched as she prepared his drink, putting it into a big mug, just how Subin liked it. He took of his shades to make sure he wasn’t losing his mind. The young lady making his drink definitely wasn’t Subin, but something about her reminded him about her.

“Here’s your drink sir,” she said with a friendly grin.

When Ilhoon received his drink, he noticed that she had a sweet voice like Subin. Her smile also reminded him about Subin. It’s been a while since he’d last seen her eye smile and dimple he's always loved. He missed seeing it all. Ilhoon removed sunglasses and stared at the young barista lady for a moment, shocked to see that there was someone who reminded him so much of the girl he was trying to forget.

The barista was shocked to see who she was seeing as well. “Aren’t you famous from somewhere?”

Ilhoon snapped out of his trance and responded. “Uh, yeah. I am. I guess.”

“Jung Ilhoon! I know exactly who you are,” the young lady said cheerfully, making Ilhoon crack a smile.

“Are you a fan of BTOB?” Ilhoon said suddenly amused by her excitement.

“Oh yes,” she nodded happily and giggled still in disbelief by his presence.

“Oh really?” Ilhoon asked raising a brow while taking a sip of his drink.

“Definitely. Your songs are so good and you guys never fail to make me laugh," she said. "How’s your drink?”

Ilhoon took another sip.“It’s so good!” Ilhoon tried to chug it down but burned his tongue. “H-hot,” he said sticking his tongue out. The young lady quickly grabbed an ice cube and put it on his tongue. Ilhoon looked at her as she held it there for a while. He couldn't believe she was doing this to him. He found her really sweet yet plainly beautiful in her coffee apron and up-do. Suddenly all of his thoughts of Subin disappeared. His mind somehow made room for someone new.

“Oh, it’s closing time!” The young lady whom Ilhoon had yet to ask her name, left the ice cube to sit on his tongue while she turned off the OPEN sign and washed his mug. Ilhoon took the ice cube off of his tongue because he had a question he was dying to ask her.

“So since you’re a fan of BTOB, you must have a bias.” He smirked.

“Of course I do.”

“Can you tell me who it is?”

She laughed and paused for a moment. “Everyone.”

“No, I don’t want that. You can only have one bias.”

She rolled her eyes. “And what if it’s not you?”

“Then I’ll change your mind!”

She giggled then blushed. “We need to get out of here or my boss will see us.” She pointed at the surveillance cameras. She walked out the coffee shop with Ilhoon. “I can’t believe you’re right here right now,” she said as they walked down the sidewalk. Ilhoon smiled. He couldn’t help it. “I’m you by the way,” she said nervously.

you. That’s a nice name.” She blushed again, pinching herself to make sure she wasn’t dreaming. “Now I know who to ask for next time I come to the coffee shop.” Ilhoon looked at her and smiled and got a smile back.

“Do all k-pop stars go out this late at night?” she asked.

All of a sudden, Ilhoon couldn’t even remember the reason why he left the dorm in the first place. That was fast. It was because he met someone new. Someone who made he feel happy and made him forget about everything that shouldn’t matter to him anymore. That wasn’t the answer to her question though.

“Only when they go on dates,” Ilhoon explained.

“Date? Were you on a date?”

“Yeah,” Ilhoon suddenly put his arm around her. “Right now.” He saw her blush under the light post. “If that’s okay with you,” he added.

She pulled his arm off her shoulder. “Hold on, not so fast,” she said making Ilhoon confused. “It’s not that easy. I haven’t changed my mind yet.” She smirked.

Ilhoon had no idea this girl was the hard to get type, but he was into it. “Okay, fine. I’ll keep my word. If I’m not your bias, watch me wreck your bias list,” he said aggressively but playfully. “You’ll see me again tomorrow, all right you?”

“All right Ilhoon,” she couldn’t help but laugh.

Ilhoon was having such a good time, he didn’t want to leave her even if he was going to see her again tomorrow. That was what he wanted though. He found someone else to occupy his mind. He’s a whole new person ready to do it right this time (hopefully).


THE END

It's finally over after almost two years T.T

Thank you to the one or two subscribes who kept reading until the end.

It was a looooong way. All I can say is thank you.

This was my first ever fanfic on AFF but second one to complete.

This is also the longest story I have ever written wow.

I hope you liked it, had some laughs, cries, feels, etc.

I love Sungjae and Subin (Woohee) sorry if you were team Ilhoon.

Yeah so I would really appreciate if you leave a comment below and just pour out your thoughts and opinions about this fic. What was your favorite part? Worst part? What you thought/wished was going to happen? I'm typing this at 3:00 am I can't stop typing.

Sorry for all the typos along the way and for all the annoying romanized korean words (i regret doing that so much)

thank you kamsahamnida gomawo kamsa (lol jk)

bye for now~ check out my other fics, they're much better! :)