Chapter 16

I Like You More (Than You Like Me)

tumblr_mj5l0v7KdL1rsmxozo1_500.gif

A/N: SORRY FOR THE HIATUS! I had to regain my feels for Sungjae. lol jk.

I hadn't had time to update lately. I hope you don't give up on me. Please don't.

I'll try to update more in the future ^^

Now, please enjoy this next scene~thanks:)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was just another day of practice for the UCC (United Cube Concert), scheduled to be a week after Christmas. All artists worked their butts to perfection in order to have an extraordinary performance. Day in and day out, without sleep or breaks, the idols practiced and practiced for their routines. Day one and two were group work days where each artist focused on just their group's performances. Day three, four, and five were special performance work days - the hardest days of practice.

Today was day five. All artists who had a special stage had been practicing their routines for almost three days now. At the end of the first day, Sungjae and Hayoung pretty much had their routine memorized already. But they were forced to practice it even more anyway. Lee Seunggi's Love Time/Alone in Love was Sungjae's favorite song. But he was beginning to get sick of it now.

They went over their skit millions of times already. They knew it so well, they could even do it with their eyes closed. It wasn't that hard. All Sungjae had to do was hold Hayoung's hand as he serenaded her while she sat on a bench. That's it. There would be a few dance steps here and there, but weren't difficult at all.

"I say we just take a break for today." Sungjae suggested.

"Sure. What do you wanna do for three hours then, oppa?" Hayoung playfully asked.

He shrugged. "I don't know. What do you wanna do?"

Hayoung smiled and moved her face closer to his. "I say we have some fun." Sungjae leaned back and winced.

Hayoung frowned. She caught a glimpse of a camera by Sungjae's bag. "Ooo, is that your camera?"

"Ani. It's for our BTOB diaries."

"Ooo, I wanna film BTOB diaries!"

"No! Don't touch-" Hayoung quickly grabbed the camera before Sungjae could stop her. She had already turned it on and filmed herself.

"Annyeong! A-Pink Hayoung-imnida~!"

Aish. Sungjae quietly cursed under his breath before realizing that he was on camera. Embarrassed, he forced a smile and waved.

"We've been practicing non-stop on out routine for UCC. Right Sungjae?"

"Ne, that's right."

"Ne. Maknae's are tired, so we're taking a break right now."

"Yeah, a break from all that bench sitting." Sungjae joked.

Hayoung giggled. "Hehe. It's true."

For the most part, Hayoung babbled in front of the camera. Sungjae just stayed in the back doing random stuff. He walked in circles, did jumping jacks, and spun around. He was bored. He wondered how Subin and Ilhoon were doing on their routine. He looked over at Hayoung who was still talking to the camera. She didn't notice Sungjae who walked out the door.

After ten minutes, she closed the camera and finally noticed. that Sungjae had left. "Oppa?!" she spun around and frowned.

tumblr_mglkfnoKJ91s3odk1o1_250.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the practice room just down the hallway, Subin and Ilhoon were practicing for their performance. They've been practicing for two hours straight. All drenched in sweat, the two continuously practice their routine again and again. Trouble Maker was supposed to be y and full of charisma. You had to fulfill those traits in order to have a stellar performance. Subin lacked in both, which is why they had to run the song again and again.

"Why are you laughing?" Ilhoon asked on the first day of practice.

"Ahh~I don't know! I can't help it." Subin said smiling.

"There's no smiling in this song. You're supposed to be charismatic like Hyuna."

"Okay. Okay. Let's got through it again." The second, third, and fourth time around, Subin failed to keep her face straight. She couldn't help but to laugh or smirk at the least.

"Really?" Ilhoon didn't understand what was so funny.

"Mianhe! This dance is just so awkward for the two of us." Ilhoon was surprised she thought so. He was really hoping she felt something. Something between them. Chemistry.

"You're just not used to it yet I think. Let's go over it again. Just watch me in the mirror instead of yourself." Subin nodded. Ilhoon was indeed a very charistmatic guy. They didn't call him charistmatic rapper for nothing.

Over the next two days, Subin was able to maintain her awkwardness. She gained her charisma with the help from the charisma king. They were able to memorize the whole dance by the second day. By the third day, the dance was almost perfect. All they had to do was practice in their costumes. Subin especially. She had to dance in heels.

Ilhoon felt great dancing with Subin. He felt the chemistry build between him and was highly convinced that she felt it too.Trouble Maker was a hot song. Ilhoon's sweat was probably mostly from the dance itself rather than the choreography.

Subin on the other hand still felt awkward on the inside. She didn't know why. Dancing Trouble Maker with Ilhoon, gave her this weird and uneasy feeling. It felt as if something was missing or something wasn't right. The iness of the dance didn't feel right with Ilhoon. It felt as if she were dancing with her brother...She wondered if Ilhoon felt the same way. He hated skinship anyway. For some reason though, he didn't seem to mind. He looked like he was really into it. Hates skinship with guys...how about girls?

After a couple of hours of practice during their break, Ilhoon's phone rang. "Yoboseyo?...Ne." He looked at Subin. "Hey, I gotta go practice Oops! with G.NA. You gonna stay?"

"Ne. I need to practice in these heels again."

"Arasso. I'll see you in an hour then." Ilhoon said heading out the door. "And good job today. Our performance is gonna be daebak!" He gave her two thumbs up before leaving.

Subin smiled back and waved goodbye. She exhaled loudly when he left. "Ottoke. Why do I feel like it's gonna be a disaster?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sungjae walked out of the room and had a burst of fresh, Hayoung-free air. He passed by each practice room, peaking through the doors. Right next to their practice room was the vocal room where they practiced their duets. Yoseob and Eunji were in there practicing. The next room, loud music blasted through the walls. He recognized it as Micheal Jackson's "Smooth Criminal". Minhyuk, Hyunseung, Kikwang, and Jihoon practiced in their. Sungjae thought they were really good and watched them for a while. When the song ended, Jihoon caught him peeping. "Yah!" He pointed. Sungjae scurried away from the door and hid inside another practice room. He wasn't supposed to be peeping on anyone. It was supposed to be a surprise for all of them.

He had no idea where he was in now. He just ran into the closest room possible. He realized that music was playing in the room too. Trouble Maker. He went into the wrong room. He was afraid Ilhoon would yell at him from coming in. It wasn't just that, but the fact that he was dancing Trouble Maker with Subin made it unbearable to attempt to watch. No one noticed him yet. He didn't even dare to look at them dancing. He looked out the door and saw Jihoon looking around for him. Sungjae couldn't escape. He was trapped. Ilhoon or Subin would notice him any time by now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subin practiced by herself without heals for now, just to see how she looked. She watched herself dance in front of the mirror and tried to act y and charistmatic in front of it. She failed really hard. This wasn't her type of dance at all. As she watched herself in the mirror, she saw the door open from behind. She stopped dancing when she saw a guy walk in. She noticed it was Sungjae and her heart began to pound even harder. What is he doing here? Is he watching me again? Omo. She watched as he came inside and faced the wall. It looked as if he were hiding from someone since he jerked back after looking out the door.

Subin giggled inside. He doesn't even realize I'm in here. He's so cute. The music was still playing. She looked at Sungjae's reflection on the mirror. He was still facing the opposite wall. He wasn't leaving. She thought it was okay to continue on dancing without him noticing or looking at her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was no way he could escape or turn back. Facing the wall was getting boring.The same song played over and over again. He was surprised he didn't hear either Ilhoon or Subin's voices. He wondered why. Were they even in here. He heard foot squeaks, so there had to be someone here. He slowly turned his head and peaked behind him. To his surprise it was only Subin. He was relieved to see that it was just her. He found it interesting how she danced to Trouble Maker alone. It looked awkward. Something was missing. It bothered him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the song ended, a voice startled Subin. "You can't dance to that song alone." It was Sungjae talking. He was still facing the wall as he said this.

"Sungjae, I know it's you." Sungjae turned around and smiled in embarrassment. He was caught. Ttak geollyeosseo!!

"What did you say?"

"I said, you can't dance to Trouble Maker alone. It's impossible. Where's your partner?" he asked.

"He left for another girl. G.NA." Subin said. "I'm just practing with myself for now, while my partner's gone."

"Mmkay." Sungjae nodded. Then, an idea popped into his head which he thought he might regret later after he mentions it. "You know, I'm a Trouble Maker expert myself." At that moment, he couldn't believe that thhat slipped out of his mouth. What am I thinking!!

Subin remembers seeing Sungjae's Trouble Maker performance during Star Hunt. She envied the girl he danced with. She wanted to smash her computer screen. "So?" Sungjae was in an awkward position now. He had completely humulliated himself for saying that. Subin laughed. "I'm kidding, you wanna practice with me then?" She couldn't believe she had the guts to ask him that. Please say yes. Please say yes.

Sungjae swallowed hard and scratched his head shyly. "If you want me to. I mean, if you think it's gonna be too awkward-"

"Let's do it!" Subin said smiling brightly. 

Sungjae was surprised she was up for it.

She clicked the music on.

Don't mess up Sungjae. Show her your manly side.

Don't mess this up Subin. Don't embarrass yourself. Don't fall on you . Don't smile no matter what!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry again for the hiatus. Next chapter will be up soon! Look forward to it please^^

Please comment! I wanna know your feedback~

And HAPPY 1ST ANNIVERSARY BTOB!!!

Love these born to eat, i mean beat, guys forever~<3 120322-130322