Chapter 8

I Like You More (Than You Like Me)

307691_450005051733054_1244114879_n.jpg

A/N:This chapter might have some major spelling/grammar errors. Sorry if it's confusing. I wrote this early in the morning, so the dialogue may not be great. And THANK YOU NEW SUBSCRIBERS<3

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Subin got up at 6:00 am, like she always did on a school day.

She dressed up extra warm that day because the temperature was freezing. She bundled up in a scarf, gloves, hat, and big coat. When she stepped out the door, her boot sunk into something cold and fluffy. She'd stepped into fresh snow. She looked up as snowflakes fell from the sky. She saw the black bmw parked infront. She met up with the driver who stood outside of the car. "Good morning, JiYong-ssi!"

He greeted her back. "Good morning, Subin. Wonderful weather we're having."

"Ne. But it's so cold!"

"Get in!" JiYong opened the front door instead of the back one for her. Subin didn't get in just yet.

"Keke, I'm sitting in the back, remember?" Subin giggled.

He knew that was where she sat. With Ilhoon and Sungjae, every morning. Ilhoon would always sit in the middle, blocking her and Sungjae apart. Ilhoon made sure it was that way so he could talk to her. It bothered Subin all the time. She wanted to sit next to Sungjae. They barely spoke to each other. It was always Ilhoon who did all the talking. She wished that one day, Sungjae would get his turn.

Subin assured, JiYong, "As much as I want to sit infront with you JiYong-ssi, I'm sure they want me in the back with them instead." She tried opening the back door, but it was locked.

"I'm afraid, not today." JiYong began. "Or for long I should say." 

"What do you mean?" He gestured her to go inside.

Subin climbed in the front seat. Before looking back, she heard a squeaky voice. "Annyeonghaseyo!~" When she turned  and saw a very pretty, yet familiar girl sitting in between Ilhoon and Sungjae. "Annyeong! Oh HaYoung-imnida~" She greeted Subin with a cute eye-smile.

Subin was surprised to see another one of her Sunbaenim's in the car. She didn't expect it at all. She was a fan of the group she was from--A-Pink. HaYoung was a maknae too. Subin smiled back and bowed her head. "Annyeonghaseyo! Nam Subin-imnida. It's nice to meet you!"

HaYoung tilted her head. "You're a trainee, right?"

Subin shook her head. "No, actually I'm-"

"Oh! You must be from Snow! We looked at your teaser photos the other day."

"Jinja?"

"Ne. We just found out that Cube is debuting a new girl group. A-Pink is very excited."

"Aw, kamsahamnida." She bowed her head again. She thought that HaYoung unnie was very nice.

"We saw your teasers too." Ilhoon said. "They look nice~we're all excited. But, I'm excited for you, Subin-ah." Subin thought that Ilhoon was being too sweet.

"Ne." Sungjae said all of a sudden. Subin was happy to see him join in. "I'm excited for you too!" Sungjae exclaimed. Unlike Ilhoon, hearing it from Sungjae made her blush. Sungjae oppa is excited, f-for me? Ah~I must be dreaming.

"Me too!" JiYong raised his hand from the wheel and joked. They all laughed.

"Kamsahamnida~all of you." Subin smiled with her hand on her chest. She felt honored.

"Of course. Our hoobaes need our support." HaYoung said.

"Yeah, just know that we'll be supporting you from now on, until forever." Ilhoon said.

"You guys are sweet. The girls would love to hear that." Subin smiled.

"Are you excited, Subin?" JiYong asked.

"Ne. I am. It's just that I'm afraid of messing up once I get on stage."

"Don't worry. You'll be fine." HaYoung said.

"I was like that too. Just pretend no one's there to judge you and have fun." Ilhoon added. Their words of comfort made her feel a bit more confident. "Thanks guys."

"SNOW HWAITING!!" Sungjae bursted out, a little too loud at this time of day. He had a fist up in the air even. HaYoung, Ilhoon, and Subin busted out laughing. Sungjae then let out one of his goofy laughs. Subin saw that he was becoming his nomal self again, finally.

When it got quiet, JiYong spoke to Subin. "In case you were wondering Subin," he began, "A-Pink just finished up their world tour. That's why HaYoung was gone." He explained. "Since she's back, you're gonna have to sit in the front from now on."

"Oh, it's fine." Subin said.

She felt a someone tap her shoulder. She turned her head and glanced Ilhoon.

"Hi." He then gave her a cute smile. She smiled back and looked at HaYoung and Sungjae. They were having their own conversation. Subin over heard HaYoung talking about Japan. "It was so much fun oppa." Subin looked over and saw that HaYoung's hand was on his lap. Subin looked away quickly. She didn't want to get caught staring. She could still hear HaYoung talking. "It would have been perfect if only you were with me oppa. We could've done so much together."

What was she talking about? Did they always do things together?

The fangirl inside of Subin was in rage. A girl couldn't handle seeing her bias with another girl.

She better get her hands off my boy! What was she to him? Subin remembered HaYoung during a BtoB diary. She and Sungjae were hanging out at the studio.  They seemed like really good friends. Subin wondered if they were more than friends. She'd always been jealous of HaYoung because she was pretty and friends with Sungjae. Aigoo. She's so lucky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once they pulled up at the school parking lot, Ilhoon was first to open the door for Subin.

"Brrrrr. It's so cold." Subin said, rubbing her arms.

"Is that jacket enough? Here," Ilhoon pulled off his scarf. "You can wear this." Ilhoon offered her his scarf. Why was he being so sweet to her? Sungjae wished to be as cool as him.

"Ani. I think I'm good. I already have a scarf on. Thanks though." Rejected. keke.

"Sungjae oppa, did I miss a lot in physics while I was gone?" Sungjae heard a voice. It was HaYoung. He forgot she was back.

"Erm. Yeah, you did." His eyes were still on Subin and Ilhoon. He watched the two walk away together and followed behind them. HaYoung was right beside him.

"Aish. I hope I'll be able to catch up." HaYoung whined. "Will you help me, oppa?" Sungjae looked at her and shook his head.

"I don't think so. I still need to catch up myself in that class. Maybe ask Hyuk."

"Okay~" HaYoung said. She suddenly held onto Sungjae's arm. "Oh Sungjae, I missed you." His eyes went wide from her sudden gesture. "We need to hang out sometime." She was hugging his arm now. This made him feel a little uncomfortable. He pulled away. "What? You didn't miss me?" Not really. HaYoung to Sungjae was just a friend. Nothing more or less. HaYoung on the other hand, liked Sungjae and had confessed to him one day. Sungjae was shocked. He didn't feel the same about her.

HaYoung was nice and all, but sometimes she would get on his nerves. He was forced to go out on dates with her. Sungjae would call it a "friendly hangout" while she considered it as a real "bf and gf date." She would sometimes even refer to him as her "Namjachingu (boyfriend)". I'M NOT YOU'RE BOYFRIEND! Sungjae would always scream it in his head, but would never say it to her face. He didn't want to hurt her feelings.

Everyone thought that she was sweet and innocent, which she is, but to Sungjae, once you get know her, she could be straight up annoying as well. He felt relieved while she was gone on tour. He didn't have to put up with her for a whole month.

It was lunch time now. HaYoung caught up with Sungjae in the hallway.

"Oppa, I wanna see that new movie tonight!"

"Tonight?" Sungjae said, annoyed. "Don't you have work you need to catch up on?"

"Ah. You're right. I'll sneak out."

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"Pleease? Let's go see the movie together! Oppa, can we please? Just for tonight!!" Aish. Can't you just go yourself?

"Ani. I can't. I have a schedule." Sungjae said. HaYoung frowned.

"Aw. Maybe next time then. How 'bout tomorrow night? It's the weekend! Oppa, you have to go with me!" When will she stop? Sungjae had no choice but to agree.

He exhaled loudly. "Fine. Tomorrow then."

"Yay! Sungjae oppa, you are the best!" She let out another squeal. "Sungjae and I are reunited!" She screamed, jumped onto him, and hugged him tightly. Aigoo. Can you keep it down?  People are looking. Sungjae was embarrassed. He pulled her off and shh-ed her. She covered . "Oh, was I too loud?"

No, I don't think you said it loud enough for people in CHINA TO HEAR YOU!!! Sungjae, of course, didn't say this out loud, but people were looking at them.

Sungjae pulled her by the wrist and took her away to the lunch line.

"Are you getting lunch?" Sungjae asked, irritated still.

"No. I made a lunchbox." She showed him.

"I'm gonna get some food from the cafeteria." Sungjae said.

"Alright. I'll go find a table for us, oppa." Sungjae watched her skip off. He had a sense of relief once she was out of his sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So I heard you're a fan of Btob. Is that true?" Ilhoon said as they walked to lunch. Subin was surprised to hear this from him.

"Wait, who told you?" Subin was suspicious of who spilled the beans.

"Peniel talked to Sara and told him that you are fan of Btob." Ilhoon explained. "So is it true?"

Subin exhaled, "Okay. I admit it. It's true."

"Ha-ha.Why didn't you tell me? I had no idea!"

"Well, you've never asked."

"That's not an excuse." Subin knew he was right. "Why did you keep it a secret? I don't see any reason why." Subin had no choice but tell him the truth.

"Well, truth is, I didn't want you guys to think of me as just a fangirl, getting in your way. You probably already have enough fans following you around."

"There's nothing wrong with you being a fan! Anyone can be a fan. You're not one of those crazy stalker fans who spy on us and posts secret stuff online are you?"

"Ani! I'm not!" She said immediately. I just obsess over you guys every single day and have fantasies about you in my head. Subin thought. You better not say that, creep. Subin had to be careful about letting her conscience come out of . "I am perfectly sane."

"Okay. As long as you're not one of those sasaengs (stalkers). You're all good." Subin smiled and was happy to hear that he accepted her.

Ilhoon cleared his throat and shot the question. "So, who's your bias?" Subin was startled by this. How should I answer? 

"Everyone!" Subin shot back at him.

"Aniii. Come on. You can only have one bias. Just one." Hehe really? He really wants to know? If I told him, he might get upset. Subin didn't say anything and ignored him. They walked into the cafeteria.

"Tell me!" He whined. Subin found him cute. "Come on. I'll tell you who my bias is from Snow!"

Subin looked at him. "Who?" Subin asked playfully.

"Viki." Ilhoon said. Subin didn't expect Ilhoon's answer at all. Ilhoon knew this would surprise her. He chuckled. "Just kidding! Kekeke. My bias is Nam Subin." Subin blushed and hit him. "Ow! Just tell me who it is!"

"Yah! You expect me to say your name?"

"Why? Is it not?" Ilhoon didn't look like he was joking. He really thinks it's him. How cute.

"Why would I tell you? It's a secret."

"Secret? Why? It's cuz me, right?" He teased. Subin laughed. Oh Ilhoon. Subin left him with no answer.

"I'm gonna go get lunch now." Subin headed to the cafeteria.

"Alright. I'll meet you at our table." Ilhoon went off with a smile. He was very much confident that Subin liked him back. This made Subin think twice. He looks so happy. She felt bad. Poor Ilhoon. The truth would hurt him.

~

Subin loved the food here. Cafeteria food at Hanlim was nothing compared to normal cafeteria food. It was like a five star buffet. Subin wanted to grab everything, but at the same time watch her weight. She was in a girl group now. The company was very strict about girls' bodies.

She ended up getting a salad and some sushi. It was a boring plate overall. She wanted to get that juicy cheesburger with fries or that gooey, cheese pizza. She had to force herself not to. She passed by the dessert section and saw chocolate pie. It was against the rules to eat junk like that.

"Just for today." She told herself. Her sweet tooth was begging her to get it. It was the last slice too. It's waiting for you~Subin reached out to grab the last plate, but someone with longer arms snatched it before her.

"Ha! Beat you!" Subin couldn't believe what he had done. He stole it from her. How immature.

"Hey! That was mine!" The guy just laughed. Subin knew that goofy laugh. She looked at him and saw who it was.

"Sungjae?! You pabo!" Sungjae raised the plate over her head . He was so tall, Subin couldn't reach it.

"You're so unfair!" Subin was on her top toes. They fought like children. Subin pouted, failing to reach for the pie.

"I guess you're just too slow and short." He teased. Subin frowned. Sungjae saw the look on her face.

"Haha. I'm just playing." He put the pie down onto her tray. "Minhae."

"Really? Gomawo." Subin looked down at the chocolate pie . Her face lit up, but then felt guilty.

"Ani. You take it." she said.

"What? Now you give it to me?" The look on Sungjae's eyes gave Subin butterflies.

"Yeah. Take it. I can't have pie." Subin put it back onto his tray.

"You sure? You don't have very much on your tray. You're gonna die." Subin laughed.

"No no no. I'm fine. I'll just get a banana or something."

"Keke. Okay then. Thanks." He said. After paying for their lunches, Sungjae had the guts to offer her to sit at his table. "We can share the pie if you want."

Subin's cheeks reddened. "Hehe, thanks." She'd always dreamed of sitting with Sungjae at lunch. Now was the time. She followed him as they searched for a table. Suddenly, a loud voice called, "Oppa~OPPA! OVER HERE!" They noticed it was HaYoung. She was waving at Sungjae. 

He looked at Subin apologetically. "Minahe. I forgot. I agreed to sit with HaYoung today. But you could join us if you want." Subin really wanted to, but completley forgot about Ilhoon.

"No, go ahead. I actually have Ilhoon waiting me." Subin found him sitting at their usual table.

"Alright. I guess I'll see you later then." 

"Okay then." Subin smiled sweetly.

"You sure you don't want this pie?" She shook her head. Though she really wanted to share that pie.

The two exchanged smiles and waved before parting ways.

Subin watched him as he joined HaYoung. They sat together at a small table. They looked like a real couple. Subin cried inside.

Sungjae-oppa, that should be me! She wasn't sure if they were really a couple. Are they dating? Subin continued to watch. Why is she feeding him?! Her hands nearly slipped off of her tray. They seem so close. Is it possible? T.T

Subin then heard a voice call her name. "Subin-ah! Over here!" He was calling from behind. Subin looked away from the "couple" and saw Ilhoon. She walked over to her so called "bias". She wished she could eat lunch with her real bias.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry. No fluff yet. 

I promise, there will be more fluffiness on its way.

Just hang in there:)

Please don't  give up on me!

tumblr_m4m6uzIped1r8fyih.jpg

 

FYI: I don't mean to bash on HaYoung in any way.

I just thought she'd make a perfect character since she's close with Sungjae:)

Hayoung+Wagle+Update+(1).jpg

Please comment!! Give me feedback!! I love to read those^^

Tell me if something doesn't make sense,  your favorite part, who's side you're on, etc.ANYTHING!

 

55c92720-d6b2-429c-b1e3-719fbf9c5bbb.jpg

Here's that irresistable chocolate pie:P