Chapter 3

I Like You More (Than You Like Me)

 

It was Friday. The day the boys had all been waiting for. They get to meet Cube Entertainment's new girl group, Snow.

Sungjae woke up realizing that today was the day. He was excited, though he was also kind of nervous. Actually, he was really really nervous. It was because he knew he was going to meet that girl that day. The girl who he watched outside from inside the van. He didn't know why she'd left a big impression on him. He didn't know who she was. She was only just a stranger. But somehow, Sungjae felt like he had to meet her.

Maybe it was because of how she dressed, or how she walked, or how her nose turned red while shivering in the cold. Sungjae didn't know why, but when he saw her, he felt...weird.

Seeing her help that ahjussi impressed Sungjae. She was kind-hearted and he found that attractive in a girl.

That was it.

But why was Sungjae so nervous to go up to her? Sungjae wasn't shy

Sungjae had never felt this way before. What was happening to him?

He hoped today would make more sense.

"Aigoo...why does she make me feel this way?" he shook his head and got out of bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today, the girls had to get up extra early for practice. They were going to the Cube company building that day. Usually, they'd have practice at a studio down the street, but since they were officially going to be artists, they got to practice in the same building as BEAST, 4 Minute, A-Pink, G.Na, and BTOB.

Subin woke up with a sore throat that morning. She had been sick ever since that day at the market. She  had caught a cold and lost her voice. She had to miss three days of practice because of this. Subin felt awful for missing those days.

Today, she was still coughing and sneezing, but had at least regained her voice. Their manager still wouldn't let her join the girls that day.They didn't allow her to come back until she fully recovered.

"Sorry Subin," Minji began. "It's my fault you're sick." 

Subin laid in bed. Minji was her groupmate. She'd been a friend of Subin since she joined the group. Minji felt really bad for her donsaeng. She cared for her very much.

"No Unnie. It's fine. I understand." Subin assured her.

Minji was the one who made everyone forget about Subin that day at the market. She had a family emergency and needed to go back. They'd left Subin in the restroom, forgetting about her.

"Well, I hope you get well soon. We miss you! Practice is super hard when you're missing one of the main vocalists." Minji said rubbing her arm.

"Hopefully, I'll be better by tomorrow." Subin said followed by a sneeze.

"I hope so." Minji said handing her a tissue. "At least your voice is back!" Subin nodded and smiled.

Minji got up and and got ready to leave.

"We're heading out Subin!" said the manager. The rest of the girls waved back. Subin really wanted to join them. She'd only practiced at the Cube building once.

It was so boring in their dorm. She was lonely.

She got her iPad out and turned it on. Before unlocking the screen, she looked at her wallpaper. It was a picture of her little brother Hongbin with their dog GeeGee.

tumblr_ld7j7eKPS21qzk918o1_500.png

Subin missed them both. She missed her whole family, friends, and home back in Busan. She hadn't seen them in almost two years. But they often keep in touch.

Subin unlocked the screen and saw her boyfriend~Sungjae. Luckily, she had a pass code lock so no one would see it. She didn't want anyone to know about her secret crush. Though her groupmates already knew, she didn't want anybody else knowing.

Sungjae to Subin was her dreamboy. Her lover. Her soulmate. Or in other words, her bias.

Subin had been a fan of BTOB since the beginning of their debut two years ago. She was a sophomore in high school when she found out about them. Kpop inspired her to become a singer. She'd been singing ever since elementary school. She grew up to be really good. She became good enough to win school talent shows and community events. In fact, that was why it was so easy to get through auditions.

She knew she wanted to be with Cube entertainment. Her idols were 4 Minute and A-Pink, but she especially wanted to meet BTOB. After only one year of training, they added her to 5now, as the fifth and final member. Her dreams were finally coming true. But this was only the beginning. They've recorded/practiced their debut song every day for four months now. They were scheduled to debut in one month.

Until now, Subin hadn't formally met any of the idols yet. She'd only had glimpses of them. It was because of their busy/different schedules. She envied the other girls in her group. Since they've trained longer than she did, they already met most of the idols. Like Minji. She trained with Dongwoon from BEAST, Roh Jihoon, and some guys from BTOB.

Subin heard great stories about them. She once asked about Sungjae. Minji remembered him especially during her trainee days. "I remember Sungjae as being childish and annoying." Subin wasn't suprised. She saw this side of Sungjae on the internet. "He always played around and made weird noises. I don't know what's wrong with that kid. He also had a mop of hair." Subin laughed. "He was one of the nicest people I've met though. And really easy to get along with." This made Subin smile. Minji was curious about why Subin kept asking about Sungjae, Sungjae, Sungjae. Subin finally told her the truth.

Eventually, the whole group found out. Subin made them promise not to tell anyone though. If they did, who knew what controversy it would cause? "New rookie group member obsessed with label mate" It would drive BTOB fans nuts. She's recieve so much hate. At least that's what Subin thought. She didn't wanna cause any dispute with the fans. It's not like she'll ever be with Sungjae anyway. But all and all, it was just way too embarrassing. What if Sungjae found out? >.<

~~

It was quiet in their dorm. Too quiet. Subin started to play some music. BTOB's "Father" began to play. It was one of Subin's favorites. The song itself was very emotional. BTOB's singing was just superb. She loved how they could really make the song sound and feel emotional. She admired every one of their vocal abilities. She hoped she'd be lucky enough to have the chance to sing with any one of them one day.

Subin's favorite part began to play~ Sungjae's part. She loved how pure and soothing his singing was. Subin thought he had his own charm to his voice. 

While laying in bed, she all of a sudden let out a nasty cough. She couldn't believe she was still sick. Her head was aching.

She turned up the volume through her earphones and closed her eyes while listening.

The next song began to play: My Girl by BTOB~a sweet song.

Their voices were like a lullaby. It soothed her. It made her head feel better. She loved how music was able to do that.

And like that, she had fallen asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Annyeong! BTOB Sungjae-imnida. Today's a special day." Sungjae was recording for BTOB diary.

"Today's the day!" shouted Minhyuk from behind.

"Hyung, what are we doing today?" Sungjae turned the camera view to Minhyuk.

"We're going to meet our new hoobaes!" Minhyuk said to the camera, fixing his hair.

"Ne," Sungjae switched the camera to his face. "We're on our way to their practice room. It's a suprise! shhh..." Sungjae cutely gestured his index finger onto his lips.

The seven boys were indeed making their way to 5now's practice room. They were all jittery and excited to meet the girls. Sungjae hoped and prayed that he wouldn't make a fool out of himself once he finally meets her.

They made it behind their practice room door. Minhyuk and Changsub both peeked through. "They're practicing their dance!" Minhyuk told the camera.

Sungjae wasn't able to get a peek since they all were crowding the door. He waited behind them. "Wow," said Changsub in awe.

"They're really good!" said Hyunsik.

"Should we go in now?" asked Peniel.

"Let's just wait until they're done." assured Eunkwang.

After about five minutes, the boys decided that now was a good time to go in.

Sungjae shut off the camera. His heart was beating fast. He was nervous and excited.

"When you see her, don't freak." he thought to himself. "Just don't lose your cool. You can do this." Sungjae took a deep breath in and out. This was exactly how he felt before their debut stage. He wasn't sure he was gonna make it.

"So we're just gonna walk in there?" asked Minhyuk.

"Ne. On the count of three." Eunkwang held on the door handle and slowly opened the door. The boys silently walked in. Sungjae came in last.

The girls didn't notice until the door slammed shut.

"Aigoo!" shouted one of the girls. When the rest of them saw that BTOB was in they room, they got up and bowed and greeted them.

BTOB lined up and introduced themselves.

"Eel, ee, sam. Born to Beat! Annyeonghaseyo, we're BTOB!" They greeted and bowed in unison. They girls cheered for them.

The girls this time lined up and introduced themselves. "Annyeonghaseyo! We're five member girl group, Snow!" They all bowed and waved.

BTOB clapped and cheered for them loudly.They were both excited and happy to see each other.

Sungjae looked at each girls' faces as they introduced themselves individually.

"Annyeong! I'm Snow's leader Baenim. Nice to meet you!" She said cheerfully. 

That's not her. Sungjae looked at the next girl.

"Annyeong! I'm Snow's main dancer Jaehee." She waved and smiled. Sungjae didn't recognize her either. He moved on to the next girl.

"Annyeong! I'm Minji, Snow's mood maker." She looked over at Sungjae, waving. Sungjae knew her from trainee days. She'd hung out with him in the past.

"Annyeong! I'm rapper, Viki. It's nice to finally meet you!" The boys clapped. Sungjae knew it wasn't her either. She wasn't blond like Viki was.

"Annyeong! I'm Sara from America! Nice to meet you guys!"

"Wah, Peniel's from Chicago!" Changsub shouted. Both Sara and Peniel were suprised.

"Where are you from?" Peniel asked in English.

"I'm from the bay area, in San Francisco." Sara replied in English.

"Oh, I love NorCal!" Peniel said.

Sungjae didn't understand a word. He noticed that Sara was the last girl. He counted only four members. Didn't 5now have 5 members?

"Hey, I have a question," Sungjae began. All the girls turned to him. "I thought you said 'five member girl group, Snow? There's one, two, three, four members?"

"Oh, yeah." Minji began. "Our maknae's home sick. She's been in bed for a couple of days now and had to miss practice again today." Sungjae thought about this. She's sick? It made sense since she was left out in the cold that one day. Sungjae thought that it was partially his fault for not doing anything. He thought of this as if 5now's fifth member was her.

"Oh, I hope she gets well soon so we could meet her." Minhyuk said.

"Yeah, us too. She's our main vocal, so it's hard to practice without her." Baenim said.

"Can we still see what you got?" Changsub asked.

"Yeah please! We watched you guys from outside. We wanna see you do it for us." Eunkwang added.

"You saw us?" Baenim bagan. "Okay, we'll do one song." They got into their positions. The guys were impressed as they watched. Sungjae found himself daydreaming. He felt relieved that she wasn't there. He wasn't ready. He was kind of worried though. If the missing group member did happen to be her, he hoped she'd get well soon.

Sungjae snapped back into reality and checked the girls out. They were really good. The song was catchy. Minhyuk and Changsub enjoyed themselves and danced along. Sungjae just watched.

You could notice the gap between the songs where Subin had to be. Sungjae noticed that too.

When the song finished, the boys cheered and hollered.

"That was fantastic!" Changsub said in English.

After complimenting and thanking them, it was time for the boys to leave.

They said their goodbyes and left.

"They were cute!" Eunkwang said.

"I thought the song was catchy." Hyunsik said.

"Yeah, I liked the dance." Ilhoon added.

"Oh yeah me too! Especially the part where they do" Minhyuk tried to copy one of their dance moves.

"What did you think Peniel? You seemed to be impressed." Changsub poked him.

"Yeah. I thought they were really good and cute...I like them." Peniel trailed off.

"You like Sara?" Changsub teased.

"I didn't say that."

"But you implied." Changsub teased again. Peniel blushed.

Sungjae tickled his chin and laughed. "Ooo, Peniel likes Sara!" He sang playfully.

"Shut it!" Peniel covered his mouth.

"You guys hungry?" Eunkwang asked.

"I'm starving," said Ilhoon.

"What do you feel like eating?"

"I want something fast." Ilhoon suggested.

"..." The boys thought.

Then they all came up with the same idea, "MCDONALDS!!!!"

They always agreed with fast food. Unlike other companies, their company allowed them to eat whatever they wanted, as long as they didn't ruin their image. Junk food was BTOB's #1. They often worked out to burn all the calories anyway.

The idols left the building and headed to their destination.

 

BTOB CAN'T WAIT TO EAT!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: How did you like this one?

Just wait. It's not even the good part yet^^